Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:32 am

Is anyone else getting concerned with there being no announcement about part 7? With all their DBZ releases I am really beginning to wonder if part 7 will be out before the end of this year. I assumed they would do the same release schedule as last year, which would have placed this release on the 13th of December. Funimation has already announced January's release schedule and this title is still nowhere to be found!!! If anyone has any information please post below.

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Post by ulisa » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 am

Well, I was at Sabotencon last month and Sean Schemmel was one of the guests. When questioned about Kai, he responded with that he had been unable to record his parts due to him having some medical problems and just recently he was able to get to Texas to do so. His most recent blog commented that they were at "about" the episodes where Gohan achieves SSJ2. So, given that the dubbing isn't entirely finished, I'm willing to give a few more months of leeway.

Ulisa
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:54 am

I think they're waiting until 'Nicktoons' gets a little further ahead. There's only about a 2 episode gap between the broadcast and the home release right now.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:15 am

Yeah, a trend I've noticed with every set (Exception being Part 1) is that I think they have to wait to release the sets until they're aired on Nicktoons, so Nicktoons gets as much ratings as possible.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Well i thank you for that information but, even if this is the case part 7 will just go to the very beginning of the Cell Games fight Goku vs Cell. So they should easily be able to get this released by December, and by this time Kai will be just about done on nicktoons.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:43 am

funrush wrote:Yeah, a trend I've noticed with every set (Exception being Part 1) is that I think they have to wait to release the sets until they're aired on Nicktoons, so Nicktoons gets as much ratings as possible.
That and the fact that it's extremely rare for a dvd release of a show that hasn't aired all of it's episodes yet to show more episodes than what's already been aired. Think about it from this perspective if you could get an uncut dubbed episode of a show before an edited (censored) dubbed version of the same episode even airs on television would you get said episode? 9/10 probably would which in turn would cost Nicktoons their ratings and viewers of kai and Funimation would lose profits from what nicktoons pays them for the show because people would be watching the uncut episode without giving the edited version a second thought, so either way you look at it releasing part 7 before enough episodes air and in such a short time-frame would be a lose/lose situation for both nicktoons and funimation.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Right but this really is not the issue, Nicktoons has started showing new episodes. In 3 weeks from Thursday they would be to the point that part 7 end 3 weeks puts us in the middle of November so, this is not a very good argument why they need to wait until February to release it. Which is what it seems they are doing since it is not on Funimations solicitation report for December or January :/.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:17 pm

superrayman3 wrote:
funrush wrote:Yeah, a trend I've noticed with every set (Exception being Part 1) is that I think they have to wait to release the sets until they're aired on Nicktoons, so Nicktoons gets as much ratings as possible.
That and the fact that it's extremely rare for a dvd release of a show that hasn't aired all of it's episodes yet to show more episodes than what's already been aired. Think about it from this perspective if you could get an uncut dubbed episode of a show before an edited (censored) dubbed version of the same episode even airs on television would you get said episode? 9/10 probably would which in turn would cost Nicktoons their ratings and viewers of kai and Funimation would lose profits from what nicktoons pays them for the show because people would be watching the uncut episode without giving the edited version a second thought, so either way you look at it releasing part 7 before enough episodes air and in such a short time-frame would be a lose/lose situation for both nicktoons and funimation.
You do present a valid point but, on the other hand, the first uncut volume of Kai was released before it started airing on TV.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

funrush

Post by funrush » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Well, yeah, the first set can't exactly be used as a comparison point as it was an odd case. The show in itself hadn't even started airing yet. Unlike how the next 5 sets followed the trend of waiting until Nicktoons brought the stuff out first. I think at this point, the reason it hasn't been announced yet is one of three things.

1. They have to wait until Nicktoons airs the episodes.
2. The Parts are being phased out by the "Season" sets.
3. Funimation is trolling us.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:57 pm

I don't know if this has any validity or not so don't flame me but a few days ago I recall reading somewhere that funimation was trying to negotiate a deal with toei that would allow them to use both the yamamoto score and the kikuchi score in all future releases of kai and if that's true then could that be a possible reason that they haven't announced part 7 yet?
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

funrush

Post by funrush » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Really? Where'd you read this? Give us a link? I would love to have both audio tracks.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:38 pm

It was a comment on a youtube video of the song news of the cell games IDK for sure if I correctly interpureted what that person said i'll leave that for you to decide also while i'm on the topic what episode is news of the cell games used in?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 pm

superrayman3 wrote:...also while i'm on the topic what episode is news of the cell games used in?
Episode 85.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:...also while i'm on the topic what episode is news of the cell games used in?
Episode 85.
Thanks I never could figure out which episode had this awesome song but now I know

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm

superrayman3 wrote:I don't know if this has any validity or not so don't flame me but a few days ago I recall reading somewhere that funimation was trying to negotiate a deal with toei that would allow them to use both the yamamoto score and the kikuchi score in all future releases of kai and if that's true then could that be a possible reason that they haven't announced part 7 yet?
As awesome as that would be, it wouldn't make sense. Parts 5 and 6 already have the replacement score, so giving us a choice on part 7 would be plain weird. Not to mention, the last few episodes have never been broadcasted with the Yamamoto score.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:02 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:I don't know if this has any validity or not so don't flame me but a few days ago I recall reading somewhere that funimation was trying to negotiate a deal with toei that would allow them to use both the yamamoto score and the kikuchi score in all future releases of kai and if that's true then could that be a possible reason that they haven't announced part 7 yet?
As awesome as that would be, it wouldn't make sense. Parts 5 and 6 already have the replacement score, so giving us a choice on part 7 would be plain weird.
Maybe the reason Funimation did parts 5-6 like that was because Toei ordered them at the last minute to use Kikuchi's music in parts 5-6 because talks weren't going on at the time. I mean look at the release of DBZ Kai season 1 for example. On the season 1 box it has Kikuchi listed as the composer but it uses Yamamoto's score in the show. Now why would Funimation use Yamamoto's music if they're not allowed to use it for any future releases of Kai? It might have been a mistake on their part but I doubt it.
DanielGClapp wrote:Not to mention, the last few episodes have never been broadcasted with the Yamamoto score.
96-98 would have Kikuchi's music either way since that's the only way those episodes aired in Japan, but what Funimation is trying to do -- if what that YouTube user says is true -- is that Funimation is trying to talk Toei into letting them use both Yamamoto and Kikuchi scores for episodes 1-95 on the DVDs/Blu-rays since every episode up to 95 in Japan had Yamamoto's music. It'd also be nice if they could find a way to allow the Nicktoons airings to use the score that the user perfers.

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:37 pm

superrayman3 wrote:It was a comment on a youtube video
I honestly wouldn't believe shit from a YouTube comment.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

funrush

Post by funrush » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Son Satan wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:It was a comment on a youtube video
I honestly wouldn't believe shit from a YouTube comment.
Same, that's the most unreliable source of information, next to little kids saying "My dad said...".

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Seven is definitely taking a long time to be announced, fingers crossed it'll be listed on FUNimation's February 2012 titles.

I already have all the previous Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-ray Parts so I'm not going to spend money on the Season Sets.

superrayman3 @ I too read on YouTube that Toei would be releasing Majin Boo's arc in 2012, obviously not going to happen (Dragon Ball Kai got cancelled) but still some people believe them. :lol:
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Fri1991

Post by Fri1991 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:06 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Seven is definitely taking a long time to be announced, fingers crossed it'll be listed on FUNimation's February 2012 titles.
I'm hoping for that as well. Wow, I know that FUNimation just released the DBZ Level 1.1 Blu-ray, but what they're doing for both the Z and Kai Blu-ray releases as of now confuses me a bit.
Fri1991 - The One and Only