Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 pm

So another whole summer will go by before the episodes that were on part 7 and would have been on part 8 to be release on DVD/BD.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Can you please talk to who ever is in charge of press releases and have them issue something regarding all DBZ Kai single volumes being canceled. Myself and many others have gotten mixed email responses to our inquiry on this matter. Thank you.

FUNimation Feedback Manager:

"All future Releases will actually be in Season Sets, so there will not be just a part seven. It will be released in the season set."

"No, they are being released as planned."

"Kai part 7 will be released in a season set. So you should look for its
corresponding season when it comes out. The sites you visited were correct.
Thank you,
Tim"
Justin Rojas VIA Facebook wrote:Sorry. We just hired a new PR coordinator. I'll get it straightened out.
I assume Rojas will talk to the new PR coordinator and a press release regarding the issue will be released.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 pm

So uh, Kai Parts 1-4 are back on Amazon.

I thought they were discontinued?

Anyways I wish FUNimation would've just released the uncut versions of the episodes the day after they aired on Nicktoons on PSN, iTunes and such. Then this situation wouldn't be such a big deal.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Then nobody would watch it on Nicktoons.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 pm

SRB2Unleashed wrote:So uh, Kai Parts 1-4 are back on Amazon.

Anyways I wish FUNimation would've just released the uncut versions of the episodes the day after they aired on Nicktoons on PSN, iTunes and such. Then this situation wouldn't be such a big deal.
People rather buy it on Blu-ray and DVD than iTunes/PSN digital format.

What's the point of buying it in digital format if you can't hold it, it's just digital.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm just saying.

I don't want to wait a freakin' year after the episodes aired just to watch them uncut.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:32 am

Yeah at this rate, I wouldn't mind buying it digitally. I'm getting really antsy. I've already watched the Japanese versions uncut thousands of times too.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:20 pm

They are canceled. 1-8 are canceled. Not just 1-4.

Part 1: 2 new from $89 (3rd party)
Part 2: 3 new from $42 (amazon)
Part 3: 2 new from $120 (3rd party)
Part 4: 3 new from $50 (amazon)

Out of parts 1-4 on Blu-ray, a total of 5 remain in stock from amazon. If that's not discontinued, then I don't know what is.

Expect those prices to keep on going up too.

Dandroid17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dandroid17 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Craddle wrote:

Out of parts 1-4 on Blu-ray, a total of 5 remain in stock from amazon. If that's not discontinued, then I don't know what is.

Good thing I picked up Part One recently used lol. The regular DVD editions are mostly lower prices on amazon still if anyone is interested in the non Blu-ray versions!

Oh, and by the way...I'm still not convinced with 100 percent certainty that 5-8 are discontinued/cancelled...rightstuf has them in stock for regular price still, if that counts for anything. Not saying I would doubt them being pulled soon but yeah.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Dandroid17 wrote:
Craddle wrote:

Good thing I picked up Part One recently used lol. The regular DVD editions are mostly lower prices on amazon still if anyone is interested in the non Blu-ray versions!

Oh, and by the way...I'm still not convinced with 100 percent certainty that 5-8 are discontinued/cancelled...rightstuf has them in stock for regular price still, if that counts for anything. Not saying I would doubt them being pulled soon but yeah.
I don't think you all know how discontinuing works.

Of course stores are still gonna have stock after such an announcement. Only difference is that when they run out of stock, that's it, no more.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Dandroid17 wrote:Oh, and by the way...I'm still not convinced with 100 percent certainty that 5-8 are discontinued/cancelled...rightstuf has them in stock for regular price still, if that counts for anything. Not saying I would doubt them being pulled soon but yeah.
Amazon has it for pre-order too, and I've pre'd myself so just waiting till the 20th March to arrive and have them dispatch.

This whole Kai parts cancelled/discontinued is rather confusing, hopefully FUNi meant cancelled just the 4 Parts not the rest.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Dandroid17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dandroid17 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:18 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Dandroid17 wrote:Oh, and by the way...I'm still not convinced with 100 percent certainty that 5-8 are discontinued/cancelled...rightstuf has them in stock for regular price still, if that counts for anything. Not saying I would doubt them being pulled soon but yeah.
Amazon has it for pre-order too, and I've pre'd myself so just waiting till the 20th March to arrive and have them dispatch.

This whole Kai parts cancelled/discontinued is rather confusing, hopefully FUNi meant cancelled just the 4 Parts not the rest.
That's what I'm thinking/hoping for! Parts 7 and 8 need to be released!

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I know how discontinuing works... That's why I posted that amazon had only a couple left. I was pointing out that although they have a couple left in stock, they are indeed still discontinued.

Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not, ALL SINGLE VOLUMES of Kai are done. 1-6 have been discontinued and 7-8 are canceled. This has been confirmed from multiple sources. A press release will be issued shortly to calm the constant influx of emails regarding this issue.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 pm

What the HELL are you doing funimation?

Fri1991

Post by Fri1991 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Well, I better kiss my plan to pre-order Part Seven good-bye. :(
Fri1991 - The One and Only

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:10 am

Gotham22 wrote:What the HELL are you doing funimation?
This is my question.

I personally think they are using the DBZ Blu-ray failure to insolate the reason behind the Kai single volume discontinuations. Just another reason for FUNi to milk it's Dragon Ball fan base. It's bread winner. (So to speak.) While I don't blame them based on our response to just keep on buying everything. There is still no reason to cancel these at this point. Other than to force fans to double dip.

From a business perspective, how many fans will wait years to buy the episodes their missing? I bet most fans will try to sell the single volumes and re-buy the season sets.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 am

Craddle wrote:Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not, ALL SINGLE VOLUMES of Kai are done. 1-6 have been discontinued and 7-8 are canceled. This has been confirmed from multiple sources. A press release will be issued shortly to calm the constant influx of emails regarding this issue.
No they're not. RightStuf, FUNimation's official store, has removed Kai 1-4 (and Level 2.1 and so on), but they still have orders up for 5, 6 and pre-orders for 7. FUNi's whole thing is that 1-4 are cancelled because season one is out and season two is around the bend. They're not gonna cancel something that a replacement won't be on tap for until a year from now. That'd be an incredibly idiotic business move.

Now, once the additional seasons come out, of course they'll cancel the singles. But until then, you're clear to buy them and they will produce them.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Fri1991

Post by Fri1991 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:43 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Craddle wrote:Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not, ALL SINGLE VOLUMES of Kai are done. 1-6 have been discontinued and 7-8 are canceled. This has been confirmed from multiple sources. A press release will be issued shortly to calm the constant influx of emails regarding this issue.
No they're not. RightStuf, FUNimation's official store, has removed Kai 1-4 (and Level 2.1 and so on), but they still have orders up for 5, 6 and pre-orders for 7. FUNi's whole thing is that 1-4 are cancelled because season one is out and season two is around the bend. They're not gonna cancel something that a replacement won't be on tap for until a year from now. That'd be an incredibly idiotic business move.

Now, once the additional seasons come out, of course they'll cancel the singles. But until then, you're clear to buy them and they will produce them.
You just reminded me of something I saw on Funimation's news section from their website. Funimation was advertising some of their March releases that were currently for pre-order on Amazon, and one of the products was Kai Part Seven.

This is becoming more confusing by the hour. Funimation really needs to straighten up their act before they end up confusing more of their customers. What's next? Do we find out that nobody at Funimation knows what's going on, and they start saying more confusing stuff about how the Kai releases got lost in some sort of time warp in the basement or something like that? I mean, it's not that hard to tell the customers what is actually going on without confusing the crap out of them.
Fri1991 - The One and Only

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am

Craddle wrote:I know how discontinuing works... That's why I posted that amazon had only a couple left. I was pointing out that although they have a couple left in stock, they are indeed still discontinued.

Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not, ALL SINGLE VOLUMES of Kai are done. 1-6 have been discontinued and 7-8 are canceled. This has been confirmed from multiple sources. A press release will be issued shortly to calm the constant influx of emails regarding this issue.
I want to believe what you're saying is the truth, but the messages from FUNimation employees' that people have posted here are doubtful on what they really meant.

March 2012 is coming up next, so all this commotion about the DBZ Kai Part 7 and 8 being cancelled may be proven to be true or false, if, hopefully it's released. :)
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Dandroid17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dandroid17 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:02 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Craddle wrote:I know how discontinuing works... That's why I posted that amazon had only a couple left. I was pointing out that although they have a couple left in stock, they are indeed still discontinued.

I want to believe what you're saying is the truth, but the messages from FUNimation employees' that people have posted here are doubtful on what they really meant.

March 2012 is coming up next, so all this commotion about the DBZ Kai Part 7 and 8 being cancelled may be proven to be true or false, if, hopefully it's released. :)
Yeah it would be a real shame if it was indeed cancelled this close to release date :/ I mean, it's more than likely not going to be released but of course it is possible that it isn't! However small a chance that may be..