Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Well if they do cancel part 7&8 the only way I will not be pissed at Funi is if they announce season 4 is coming out in June-July and Season 3 can come out in May that better be what happens, it's obvious that all of Kai has been dubbed uncut by now and I'm really getting ticked that i have to wait for so long!!!!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:11 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:Well if they do cancel part 7&8 the only way I will not be pissed at Funi is if they announce season 4 is coming out in June-July and Season 3 can come out in May that better be what happens, it's obvious that all of Kai has been dubbed uncut by now and I'm really getting ticked that i have to wait for so long!!!!
The US had to wait roughly 14 years for uncut DBZ on DVD. I think you can wait a bit for Kai.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:18 pm

AgitoZ wrote:The US had to wait roughly 14 years for uncut DBZ on DVD. I think you can wait a bit for Kai.
For a product that used to be released quite rapidly within months and now to 6 months, it really is a pain to wait so long in comparison. :?

There's no logic to cancel the Kai Parts, it's almost done, only 7 and 8 are the remaining two to be produced.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:24 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:Well if they do cancel part 7&8 the only way I will not be pissed at Funi is if they announce season 4 is coming out in June-July and Season 3 can come out in May that better be what happens,

Even if they do announce that Season 4 will be comming in June-July I'll still be pissed that my part sets will always be incomplete.
rs_chaosmaster wrote:it's obvious that all of Kai has been dubbed uncut by now and I'm really getting ticked that i have to wait for so long!!!!
We're all pretty pissed at having to wait so long for the next DVD set and all this confusion isn't helping matters either, all it's doing is only making things worse for the fans.
dbboxkaifan wrote:For a product that used to be released quite rapidly within months and now to 6 months, it really is a pain to wait so long in comparison.
And that's the exact reason people are getting tired of waiting for the rest of the series changing the release pattern only makes things look bad in the eyes of the fans.
dbboxkaifan wrote:There's no logic to cancel the Kai Parts, it's almost done, only 7 and 8 are the remaining two to be produced.
There was no logic for Funimation to cancel the UUE's but they did it anyway who's to say that the same thing might not happen here?
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:53 pm

superrayman3 wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:There's no logic to cancel the Kai Parts, it's almost done, only 7 and 8 are the remaining two to be produced.

There was no logic for Funimation to cancel the UUE's but they did it anyway who's to say that the same thing might not happen here?
No, the UUE was canceled because FUNi believed that the Season Sets were better.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:56 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Craddle wrote:Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not, ALL SINGLE VOLUMES of Kai are done. 1-6 have been discontinued and 7-8 are canceled. This has been confirmed from multiple sources. A press release will be issued shortly to calm the constant influx of emails regarding this issue.
No they're not. RightStuf, FUNimation's official store, has removed Kai 1-4 (and Level 2.1 and so on), but they still have orders up for 5, 6 and pre-orders for 7. FUNi's whole thing is that 1-4 are canceled because season one is out and season two is around the bend. They're not gonna cancel something that a replacement won't be on tap for until a year from now. That'd be an incredibly idiotic business move.

Now, once the additional seasons come out, of course they'll cancel the singles. But until then, you're clear to buy them and they will produce them.
Yes, they are. Read the email responses from FUNimation.

And of course you can still order 5 and 6, they're not just going to throw away their stock.
FUNimation wrote:All future Releases will actually be in Season Sets, so there will not be just a part seven. It will be released in the season set.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:

No, the UUE was canceled because FUNi believed that the Season Sets were better.
Yeah and do you remember how much backlash Funimation got for doing that?
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Dandroid17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dandroid17 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:12 pm

I feel bad for the ones who have been collecting the Part sets so they can have another version. The ones who want to complete not only the seasons sets of Kai but the Part sets also, since they already invested in the previous DVD/Blu-rays. Me, I only have Part One on Blu-ray and Parts 3 & 4 (Walmart excl.) on standard DVD. So once the Seasons start coming out I will just sell those or whatnot. But it still doesn't justify Funimation doing this to the people who want to complete their collections. They should have learned from the past instead of doing this again. Not complaining as much as just being bummed for those who have been let down. I will be fine personally with the seasons though, and look forward to them.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Craddle wrote:Yes, they are. Read the email responses from FUNimation.

And of course you can still order 5 and 6, they're not just going to throw away their stock.
FUNimation wrote:All future Releases will actually be in Season Sets, so there will not be just a part seven. It will be released in the season set.
Again, why would FUNimation's official store still list Part 7, which hasn't been released yet, but pull the listings for 1-4 (and the Z Levels as well)? Because Parts 5-8 haven't been cancelled. I read FUNi's replies as documented in this thread, and their marketing department seems very confused. Let's not forget the "SEASON SETS WILL HAVE KIKUCHI LAWL" screw up among countless others in the past couple of years alone.

Seriously people, like every other property they've done, FUNi will phase out the singles as the respective seasons are slated for release. They're not going to fuck themselves out of sales by cancelling releases that have no replacement on the horizon. If FUNi verifies that this is the case, I'll take this all back, but this is honestly the only way things make sense for now. And all the facts support it, so...

Also, there's this:
FUNimation Discontinues Multiple Releases
Posted on: Friday, January 27, 2012

FUNimation Entertainment announced a number of titles have been discontinued, including Dragon Ball Z Kai Parts 1 through 4 on both DVD and Blu-ray, Ghost Train, Kodocha Seasons 1 and 2, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Robotech Shadow Chronicles on both DVD and Blu-ray, and Synesthesia. Once these items are no longer in stock, that's it, so don't miss out. Place your orders today!
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Craddle wrote:Yes, they are. Read the email responses from FUNimation.
FUNimation has been giving away different responses, so nothing is certain about Kai Parts 7 and 8, but concerning Parts 1 to 4, those are done for good.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Again, why would FUNimation's official store still list Part 7, which hasn't been released yet, but pull the listings for 1-4 (and the Z Levels as well)? Because Parts 5-8 haven't been canceled. I read FUNi's replies as documented in this thread, and their marketing department seems very confused. Let's not forget the "SEASON SETS WILL HAVE KIKUCHI LAWL" screw up among countless others in the past couple of years alone.

Seriously people, like every other property they've done, FUNi will phase out the singles as the respective seasons are slated for release. They're not going to fuck themselves out of sales by canceling releases that have no replacement on the horizon. If FUNi verifies that this is the case, I'll take this all back, but this is honestly the only way things make sense for now. And all the facts support it, so...
Again, why would FUNimation keep sending out emails that tell us that Part 7 is canceled if it wasn't?

It's been verified numerous times, you just refuse to believe it.

All the facts support it? What facts? I see one email response where a confused employee said they were going to be released as scheduled. Every other email response has said they are canceled. Justin Rojas even told me on facebook regarding the one email that said they were being released as scheduled that:
Justin Rojas wrote:Sorry. We just hired a new PR coordinator. I'll get it straightened out.
Also, there are these:
Crunchyroll wrote:Funimation emailed me to let me know that while Dragon Ball Kai is being discontinued in single volumes, the series will be instead be released in Season sets, with the Season 2 set covering Parts 3 and 4 being released this Summer.
FUNimation wrote:Kai part 7 will be released in a season set. So you should look for its corresponding season when it comes out. The sites you visited were correct.
Thank you,
Tim
Regardless of all those facts that prove it's been canceled, Mike will most likely be getting a response to his email shortly and Rojas will be having the PR Coordinator release a statement regarding the matter. We should hopefully be able to put this to rest sometime this week.

Fri1991

Post by Fri1991 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 am

Craddle wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:Again, why would FUNimation's official store still list Part 7, which hasn't been released yet, but pull the listings for 1-4 (and the Z Levels as well)? Because Parts 5-8 haven't been canceled. I read FUNi's replies as documented in this thread, and their marketing department seems very confused. Let's not forget the "SEASON SETS WILL HAVE KIKUCHI LAWL" screw up among countless others in the past couple of years alone.

Seriously people, like every other property they've done, FUNi will phase out the singles as the respective seasons are slated for release. They're not going to fuck themselves out of sales by canceling releases that have no replacement on the horizon. If FUNi verifies that this is the case, I'll take this all back, but this is honestly the only way things make sense for now. And all the facts support it, so...
Again, why would FUNimation keep sending out emails that tell us that Part 7 is canceled if it wasn't?

It's been verified numerous times, you just refuse to believe it.
Maybe because of this is still up: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 3955/4/0/0

Like MajinVejitaXV said, why is this listing (along with Parts 5 and 6) still up, if Crunchyroll reported that all Kai singles are discontinued.

What I think is that FUNimation doesn't know what they are exactly doing at this point, since there is confusion around the fate of Part Seven. Plus, if Justin Rojas said he'll straighten this confusion out, that should've happened already and had a press release already out by now.

The other thing is that Crunchyroll is the only news resource that has this reported news of the so-called "all Kai single releases cancellation." Even if they got a email from FUNimation themselves, why are they the only ones to report it, and not other reliable news sites, like RightStuf and Anime News Network, who only say that Parts 1-4 are discontinued?

FUNimation has yet to fully prove to us that this is happening, and the random responses that we are getting, from "it's cancelled" or "it's being released on schedule," isn't really saying anything except for "We're confused ourselves." Until they fully let us know what is actually happening with these releases, then we'll actually know for sure what is going to happen.
Fri1991 - The One and Only

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:18 pm

http://www.facebook.com/FUNimationChann ... ed_comment

It's official, the staff at FUNimation has indeed confused the hell out of themselves.
Justin Rojas VIA facebook @ 10:40am EST Feb 6th wrote:
FUNimation Entertainment has made the difficult decision to suspended production of all future planned Blu-ray releases of Dragon Ball Z including Level 2.1 scheduled to be released on March 27, 2012.

Blu-ray editions of Dragon Ball Z went into production based on fan demand however, due to technical challenges of restoring from the original film frame by frame, we are unable to continue these releases by way of this process.

The future Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-ray releases remain unaffected, however, we will not be re-releasing parts 1-4 as individual releases, they will be included in the season set to be released summer 2012.
That should settle that. Even though the first 2 parts of that statement are a copy and paste, the portion regarding Kai appears to be new. The few emails responses we were getting saying that all the individual releases were canceled seem to be false.

Great news for you single volume Kai collectors.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Slight misunderstanding, due to FUNi employees' different mixed up responses.

Thanks for the final clarification, Crad.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 pm

I was just about to post that exact message. As a little experiment, I emailed every department that FUNimation's website offers an email to asking what the final word was and I received that exact email, word for word, this morning.

Well that's good. Hopefully Part 8 won't be another 6 month wait. I know part of the 6 month wait was Sean Schemmel getting sick and being unable to record his dialogue. Since Kai has ended its run on Nicktoons, I hope it's only a maximum 2-3 month wait for Part 8.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Dandroid17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dandroid17 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:I was just about to post that exact message. As a little experiment, I emailed every department that FUNimation's website offers an email to asking what the final word was and I received that exact email, word for word, this morning.

Well that's good. Hopefully Part 8 won't be another 6 month wait. I know part of the 6 month wait was Sean Schemmel getting sick and being unable to record his dialogue. Since Kai has ended its run on Nicktoons, I hope it's only a maximum 2-3 month wait for Part 8.
I would only hope that Funimation would rush 7 and 8 out since they have put us through so much crap the last few weeks with the confusion lmao. We'll see. I'm still curious to see what the box art will be for Part 8. Like I said before, probably Cell and Gohan?

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm guessing it to be Super Saiyan 2 Gohan in a cool pose. MAYBE SSJ2 Gohan fighting Cell, or Gohan charging his one-arm-Kamehameha.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:07 pm

I find it interesting that companies like Shout! Entertainment refuse to release season sets claiming that big retailers won't buy them and that FUNimation is, at the same time, pulling their "part" releases and going for full seasons. Granted, the audience for '90s cartoons and Kai is probably different, but I would think season sets for kid's shows - anime or not - wouldn't sell.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Dandroid17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dandroid17 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:I'm guessing it to be Super Saiyan 2 Gohan in a cool pose. MAYBE SSJ2 Gohan fighting Cell, or Gohan charging his one-arm-Kamehameha.
I'd say that last idea would be the best one, the Kamehameha. Would look sweet! :mrgreen:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Dandroid17 wrote:We'll see. I'm still curious to see what the box art will be for Part 8. Like I said before, probably Cell and Gohan?
I'm hoping it'll either be like this:

Option A

Option B

To wrap it up, it'd be really nice and familiar to use something like Option B, because it's the DBZ Kai members saying bye and they're content Earth's finally at peace.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray