Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7

Post by ricecake » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Craddle wrote:
Justin Rojas VIA facebook @ 10:40am EST Feb 6th wrote:The future Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-ray releases remain unaffected
This is indeed good news for me. It would have bugged the hell out of me having Parts 1-6 next to Season 4 on my shelf.

Dandroid17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dandroid17 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:08 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Dandroid17 wrote:We'll see. I'm still curious to see what the box art will be for Part 8. Like I said before, probably Cell and Gohan?
I'm hoping it'll either be like this:

Option A

Option B

To wrap it up, it'd be really nice and familiar to use something like Option B, because it's the DBZ Kai members saying bye and they're content Earth's finally at peace.
Both great ideas. Hopefully, as usual, we'll get a photo of the box art well before it is released.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

*facepalm* I give up.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Justin Rojas VIA facebook @ 10:40am EST Feb 6th wrote: The future Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-ray releases remain unaffected, however, we will not be re-releasing parts 1-4 as individual releases, they will be included in the season set to be released summer 2012.
Wait, what? I assume they are saying they are going to make a second season set for Parts 3 and 4, but they use the word "set" not "sets", and 1-4, somewhat implying that this new season set will contain parts 1-4. That's pretty confusing wording, Justin! :lol:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:*facepalm* I give up.
Um, give up on what, exactly?

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 pm

funrush wrote:
Justin Rojas VIA facebook @ 10:40am EST Feb 6th wrote: The future Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-ray releases remain unaffected, however, we will not be re-releasing parts 1-4 as individual releases, they will be included in the season set to be released summer 2012.
Wait, what? I assume they are saying they are going to make a second season set for Parts 3 and 4, but they use the word "set" not "sets", and 1-4, somewhat implying that this new season set will contain parts 1-4. That's pretty confusing wording, Justin! :lol:
I thought that wording was perfectly clear. It says that parts 1-4 are discontinued because of the sets, and that the set coming out includes the ones that haven't been reissued yet (well, that's the very easy to pick up implication).
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Well, my main confusion was that they used "set" with 1-4 instead of "sets". Or they could've used "set" with 3-4.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 pm

funrush wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:*facepalm* I give up.
Um, give up on what, exactly?
I was just amused (or annoyed, I forget which) by my pointing out that FUNimation's official outlets said 1-4 were the only volumes cancelled and being treated like I had trisomy of the 21st chromosome in response.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Fri1991

Post by Fri1991 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am

If anybody wanted to know, here's the trailer for Part Seven that FUNimation recently released.

http://www.funimation.com/dragon-ball-z ... ay/2203381
Fri1991 - The One and Only

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:49 am

Fri1991 wrote:If anybody wanted to know, here's the trailer for Part Seven that FUNimation recently released.

Shoot!

FUNimation really sucks when it comes down to allow international fans to watch their videos. :?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:21 pm

By far KAI has the best DVD trailers.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:42 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote:By far KAI has the best DVD trailers.
Could you elaborate more?

Blu-ray and DVD. :P
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Fri1991 wrote:If anybody wanted to know, here's the trailer for Part Seven that FUNimation recently released.

Shoot!

FUNimation really sucks when it comes down to allow international fans to watch their videos. :?
They don't have the rights to the characters in some countries, so Youtube blocks the videos in places they can't show it. It's more a legal issue than a choice. Gotta maintain good relationships with the right people and places to keep doing business.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:

Shoot!

They don't have the rights to the characters in some countries, so Youtube blocks the videos in places they can't show it. It's more a legal issue than a choice. Gotta maintain good relationships with the right people and places to keep doing business.

Toei does the same thing to their Youtube channel. I tried to watch one of the Super Sentai VS movies on their channel, and it wouldn't let me.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm

That's a damn good trailer.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:09 pm

The trailer of Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 7 is over 8000! :D

So awesome, does anyone know who or what's the music used in the FUNi Kai trailers?

Edit: I wonder if Trunks' Theme Song will be in English on the Blu-rays and DVD of Kai 7.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:14 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Edit: I wonder if Trunks' Theme Song will be in English on the Blu-rays and DVD of Kai 7.
I doubt it, especially when you look back at what happened with Part 4.

Eight-Star Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eight-Star Dragon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:00 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Edit: I wonder if Trunks' Theme Song will be in English on the Blu-rays and DVD of Kai 7.
The Lone Warrior was left in Japanese for the Nicktoons TV version, so there's not really a reason it would be in English on the DVD and Blu-Ray.

I'm happy about Part 7 too... I can't wait for the DVD! To get the old score back! :D

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Eight-Star Dragon wrote:To get the old score back! :D
This was never confirmed.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Eight-Star Dragon wrote:
The Lone Warrior was left in Japanese for the Nicktoons TV version, so there's not really a reason it would be in English on the DVD and Blu-Ray.

I'm happy about Part 7 too... I can't wait for the DVD! To get the old score back! :D
The character theme songs were kept with the replacement soundtrack.

Original or replacement, it doesn't matter any more both have been ruined by Nagasaki's awkward placements.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Eight-Star Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eight-Star Dragon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:15 pm

SRB2Unleashed wrote:
Eight-Star Dragon wrote:To get the old score back! :D
This was never confirmed.
I'm talking about the people who go and physically add the original score back in themselves on the DVDs. You did that once. (You are ImmaKrillin on YouTube, right?)

@dbboxkaifan

With the post you made a little over 3 hours ago, I thought you were talking about whether or not The Lone Warrior would be in English or Japanese, but based on your last post it seems like you were talking about whether it would be kept in on the DVD with the replacement score.

Keep in mind, not all the insert songs were kept with the replacement soundtrack. News of the Cell Games was removed and I heard Saiyan Blood was removed too, but I don't know that for myself.
Last edited by Eight-Star Dragon on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.