Favorite/Least Favorite Voice Performances in DBZ Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Voice Performances in DBZ Kai

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:50 pm

As a voice actor myself, I don't feel comfortable publicly saying anything bad about a voice actor's performance. So, while there definitely were performances that I felt could have been better, and I do indeed have my own "least favorites," I'll be omitting all of them out of respect for my profession. Mind you, everybody else should feel free to say who they didn't like, I'm just explaining why I won't be doing the same.

Favorite Returning Voice Talent

1. Christopher Sabat – I put him at the top because, through improving his performances on multiple characters, his job was overall the most impressive. Sean Schemmel's Goku was a massive improvement, and he's listed as my second favorite of all the returning actors for that reason, but that was one character--Sabat had to improve several, and he did. Not to mention that almost all of the creative decisions that improved the Kai dub were his decisions.

2. Sean Schemmel – Firmly-cemented as my favorite of the English Gokus, when I was a kid I liked him because I thought he "sounded cool." Now I like him because his acting does a wonderful job at conveying Akira Toriyama's original intentions for the character--he's naive, goofy, a tad cocky, passionate about protecting his friends and family, and hungry for every opportunity to fight. I felt his performance evolving over the years through the redubs of the movies and the videogames, but it reached its peak at Kai. Finally, not only did he speak my favorite line in the series, but it was also his idea since the original script didn't have it this way...and I will never forget my mouth hanging open in (pleasant) shock when I heard, "I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!"

3. Sonny Strait– Every line he had felt very sincere, both as Bardock (brief though it was) and as Kur...well, Krillin. I was impressed very early on by his devotion to Krillin, as he went out and read the manga and did his research. Just another way of saying..."yeah, he was awesome."

Honorable Mentions: Chris Rager, Dartanian Nickleback

Favorite New Voice Talent

1. Christopher Ayres – A pure delight to listen to from start to finish. Absolutely wonderful. To this day, I laugh at how everyone freaked out in displeasure when they first heard him and then did a total 180 by the end of his role. J. Michael Tatum deserves a bit of credit here for giving Ayres wonderful scripts to work with (and Chris Sabat for making a brilliant casting decision), but that still doesn't change the fact that Ayres brought a character to life and hit all the right notes whenever they were needed. When he needed to sound like a gentleman whose words contrasted harshly with his actions, he did that. When he needed to sound enraged, he did that. Anime News Network called this one of the best performances in an English dub of the last decade, and I agree completely.

2. Doc Morgan– His deep, authoritative, but non-announcery voice is very well-suited for the job he was given. Kai would feel wrong to me if its episodes were introduced by anyone else. I know people have complained about the over-usage of the phrase, "Last time on Dragon Ball Z Kai," and "Next Time on Dragon Ball Z Kai," but as far as I'm concerned that's a writing problem, not Morgan's problem. And...call me crazy, but I didn't mind the over-usage, and it may very well be attributable to him.

3. The Bit-Part Actors – This is gonna sound really weird, but I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. I'm surprised at how competent even the smallest roles sound. Freeza soldiers who only last a few episodes, the Namekian elders and warriors, nameless Earth denizens...all of them have this authentic sound that wasn't there in the original dub. As Chris Sabat commented in one of his interviews, the cast used to be so limited that they would just ask whatever guy was in the next room to read for bit parts. Not here--they actually tried out several different actors for Farmer With Shotgun alone! This brought the dub up to a whole new level of professionalism.

Honorable Mentions: Colleen Clinkenbeard, Monica Rial.

EXTRA!

Favorite Dragon Soul Rendition: Sean Schemmel--followed VERY closely by Vic Mignogna
Favorite Ending Song: Wings of the Heart
Favorite Insert Song: Ginyu Force Rules...this marks the only time that I have laughed at the Ginyu Force's entrance, in any version or language of this scene. As soon as Freeza's face blushed and we heard that weak gust of wind in the akward silence following this loud, goofy, over-the-top song, I just freakin' lost it.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:28 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Doc Morgan – His deep, authoritative, but non-announcery voice is very well-suited for the job he was given. Kai would feel wrong to me if its episodes were introduced by anyone else. I know people have complained about the over-usage of the phrase, "Last time on Dragon Ball Z Kai," and "Next Time on Dragon Ball Z Kai," but as far as I'm concerned that's a writing problem, not Morgan's problem. And...call me crazy, but I didn't mind the over-usage, and it may very well be attributable to him.
I totally forgot about Doc. While I do wish he sounded a bit older, or perhaps more weathered, I really do love the sound of his voice. It's so out of place compared to everyone else's voice in the show, which I think is a good thing. Plus, anything is infinitely better than a monster truck announcer.

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:45 am

Gonstead wrote:
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:
Favourite New Talent
Chris Ayres. IS way better then shitty Linda Young or Pauline Newstone and is actually Freeza instead of a homo who wants guys turning him on or pops weasels or a guy who caresses balls and wants big guys to lighten up.
Let's not start with the homophobic insults, alright? You didn't need to go that far.
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Least Favourite Talent
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Gohan and 18. I HATE HER GOHAN. It's better then Nadonly but that's like saying a pig who's rolled in the mud for 30 seconds is cleaner then a pig who's rolled for 30.1 seconds. Her voice is too high pitched. Masoko's Gohan is high pitched when he's 4-9 that is! Her voice deepens noticeably. Even Jillian Micheals' Gohan is better(Her Gohan is quite good actually and not overly high pitched and sounds like a 10 year old). 18 also sucks because she doesn't sound aggressive in the least.
If you actually watched all the way through Kai and not just clips here and there, you would notice his voice changes over time and is a very fitting fit. I'm still a fan of Nadolny and even I admit that Colleen did better as Young Gohan and places here and there as Kid Gohan.
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Chris Sabat as Piccolo. Simply just his Piccolo voice from Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z Remastered/The First 3 Dragon Ball Z Movies. It just him talking in a natural voice. It has not improved 1 bit.
Hardly! Have you even listened or even compared to two side by side?

Season Set - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy3atj6GI9g

Z Kai - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djBhC3YRBKk

Oh sorry there I did go a wee bit to far. I should have said something along the lines of he doesn't make Freeza sounds ladylike or make Freeza sound as if he smokes. Also I don't like Colleen because she isn't quite as good as Ocean pre-teen Gohan. Piccolo barely sounds different. Like I said that voice he's being using has been his de facto since Dragon Ball 2003.
Has anyone seen my arm? You can't miss it, it's GREEEEENNNN!! HAHAHHAHAHA!! Funi dub Raditz
'Let's hold off on the trophy Majin Boo!' Brad Swaile as Teen Gohan
http://www.youtube.com/ My channel RenewedTenjin.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:53 pm

batistabus wrote:I totally forgot about Doc. While I do wish he sounded a bit older, or perhaps more weathered, I really do love the sound of his voice. It's so out of place compared to everyone else's voice in the show, which I think is a good thing. Plus, anything is infinitely better than a monster truck announcer.
If only he played Kaiou as well...
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Oh sorry there I did go a wee bit to far.
A wee bit?
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Also I don't like Colleen because she isn't quite as good as Ocean pre-teen Gohan.
Yeah...Clinkenbeard's even better. I'm sorry, but her delivery and acting alone are enough to make her better than the rest.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:10 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
batistabus wrote:I totally forgot about Doc. While I do wish he sounded a bit older, or perhaps more weathered, I really do love the sound of his voice. It's so out of place compared to everyone else's voice in the show, which I think is a good thing. Plus, anything is infinitely better than a monster truck announcer.
If only he played Kaiou as well...
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Oh sorry there I did go a wee bit to far.
A wee bit?
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Also I don't like Colleen because she isn't quite as good as Ocean pre-teen Gohan.
Yeah...Clinkenbeard's even better. I'm sorry, but her delivery and acting alone are enough to make her better than the rest.
GET HIM DAD! Is not proof you can hang with Canadian Gohans(I.E Jillian Micheals or Saffron Henderson). Also if Henderson or Jillian Micheals comes back for Kai then they'll blow away Clinkenbeard any day. Henderson has worked with an accurate script, no wait 3 accurate scripts before and she was good, so if she comes back for Kai she'll be even better. Jillian Micheals has been in a semi-accurate script, so if she was in a mostly accurate script she'd be good or at least on par with Henderson. Colleen's good for Zangya or Princess Snake, not Gohan(bless him) :( .
Has anyone seen my arm? You can't miss it, it's GREEEEENNNN!! HAHAHHAHAHA!! Funi dub Raditz

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:00 pm

UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:GET HIM DAD! Is not proof you can hang with Canadian Gohans(I.E Jillian Micheals or Saffron Henderson). Also if Henderson or Jillian Micheals comes back for Kai then they'll blow away Clinkenbeard any day. Henderson has worked with an accurate script, no wait 3 accurate scripts before and she was good, so if she comes back for Kai she'll be even better. Jillian Micheals has been in a semi-accurate script, so if she was in a mostly accurate script she'd be good or at least on par with Henderson. Colleen's good for Zangya or Princess Snake, not Gohan(bless him) :( .
You're still not providing a decent reason why she's terrible other than "I prefer these other voices". Maybe "Get him Dad" was a line you hated and therefore wins the argument, but I don't know, I had a hard time deciphering that little gem. Also, I like the fact that you mention scripts, but don't elaborate why they were good with said scripts.

Shit, I honestly prefer Laura Torres in the role (in a language I can speak), but I still think Clinkenbeard did a damn fine job.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Favorite:
Schemell: The man has come a long way from sounding Superman-like to actually sounding like Goku.
Strait: Has come to be right there with Tanaka's Krillin.
Sabat: As much as the previous 2, he improved a lot.
Rager: HE IS THE CHAMP, nuff said.
Ayres: WAY BETTER than Young's Frieza, nailed the character completely.
Clarke: The Perfect Troll.
Rial: Better than I expected in the role of Bulma.
Huber: Always liked his #17 voice, yes even back in the Old dub.

Least Favorite:
That guy who voiced Jeice: Sounded like a complete faggot, he shouldve voiced Mr 2 in One Piece or being part of the Big Green Dub.
Clinkenbeard: Doesnt have the voice to make badass moments mean something, you know you cant do it when fcking Maile Flanagan in Naruto can. Her #18 voice sounded too girly that reminded me of like those female ninja jabronies from Naruto and most of the female voices in 4kids dub plus she had that problem that Sabat had in the past(sounding too much like a certain character).

Remember in the Remastered dub when Sabat's Burter sounded too much like Vegeta?, Well it happened with Clinkebeard everytime #18 raised her voice or screamed, which made it unintentionally funny.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:30 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Sounded like a complete faggot
Really?

... really...?

I seem to remember that English isn't your first language. Regardless, that's not how civil people speak.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:37 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Least Favorite:
That guy who voiced Jeice: Sounded like a complete faggot, he shouldve voiced Mr 2 in One Piece or being part of the Big Green Dub.
Clinkenbeard: Doesnt have the voice to make badass moments mean something, you know you cant do it when fcking Maile Flanagan in Naruto can. Her #18 voice sounded too girly that reminded me of like those female ninja jabronies from Naruto and most of the female voices in 4kids dub plus she had that problem that Sabat had in the past(sounding too much like a certain character).
Jesus...more homophobia.

Anyways, I'd like to ask, what badass moments? Only one I can think of is the SSJ2 transformation, even that I wouldn't count. And really what is that can't be "badass"? I mean what are you expecting, it's a child for crying out loud. Besides, don't actions speak louder than words?

4Kids dub? What...

As for Naruto, I can't think of anything badass. Not to mention, the two voices are completely different.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Really?

... really...?

I seem to remember that English isn't your first language. Regardless, that's not how civil people speak.
Well in this forum I guess wanker is the proper word. :mrgreen:

AgitoZ wrote:
Jesus...more homophobia.

Anyways, I'd like to ask, what badass moments? Only one I can think of is the SSJ2 transformation, even that I wouldn't count. And really what is that can't be "badass"? I mean what are you expecting, it's a child for crying out loud. Besides, don't actions speak louder than words?

4Kids dub? What...
So we can say the same for Yugi, Ash,Yoh,Sonic,etc :roll:

Hell, Veronica Taylor as Ash >>> Clinkenbeard as Gohan.

AgitoZ wrote:
As for Naruto, I can't think of anything badass. Not to mention, the two voices are completely different.
Rock Lee.
Gai.
Kakashi.
Sasuke before killing Itachi.
Gaara.
The list goes on.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:21 pm

perucho1990 wrote:So we can say the same for Yugi, Ash,Yoh,Sonic,etc :roll:

Hell, Veronica Taylor as Ash >>> Clinkenbeard as Gohan.
I'm still having trouble understanding you, I know English isn't your first language. But, mind explaining a bit better?

And speaking of better explanation...

You prefer to have an unnaturally sounding and raspy voice with immensely worse acting? I know it's most likely from direction at 4kids, but c'mon on now. I'm seriously starting to question your tastes with statements like that, especially with no explanation.
perucho1990 wrote:Rock Lee.
Gai.
Kakashi.
Sasuke before killing Itachi.
Gaara.
The list goes on.
I meant the character itself...

Either way, the only people I can see on that list are Rock Lee and maybe Kakashi.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 am

perucho1990 wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Really?
... really...?
Well in this forum I guess wanker is the proper word. :mrgreen:
No, the proper way to say it would've been "he sounds too feminine" or "his voice is too high pitched". You might as well have said something like "Sabat sounds like a total [n-word] when he voices Piccolo". It's immensely offensive and especially inappropriate on a forum with such a mixed bag of users.

As for your comparisons...I have no idea as to what you're getting at. And I think your comments about Clinkenbeard's #18 are just untrue.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:41 am

Chris Ayres is phenomenal and we need more VAs like him. He might be one of the best voice actors I've ever heard.

I'm saying this as a person who has very little else in the way of nice things to say in this thread! :lol:

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:42 am

AgitoZ wrote:
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:GET HIM DAD! Is not proof you can hang with Canadian Gohans(I.E Jillian Micheals or Saffron Henderson). Also if Henderson or Jillian Micheals comes back for Kai then they'll blow away Clinkenbeard any day. Henderson has worked with an accurate script, no wait 3 accurate scripts before and she was good, so if she comes back for Kai she'll be even better. Jillian Micheals has been in a semi-accurate script, so if she was in a mostly accurate script she'd be good or at least on par with Henderson. Colleen's good for Zangya or Princess Snake, not Gohan(bless him) :( .
You're still not providing a decent reason why she's terrible other than "I prefer these other voices". Maybe "Get him Dad" was a line you hated and therefore wins the argument, but I don't know, I had a hard time deciphering that little gem. Also, I like the fact that you mention scripts, but don't elaborate why they were good with said scripts.

Shit, I honestly prefer Laura Torres in the role (in a language I can speak), but I still think Clinkenbeard did a damn fine job.
Fine her voice is very, very, very annoying and very high pitched(even more then Masako's but at least her voice is a high pitched BOY.)
The Ocean voices have hints of feminism but are also deeper and sound more like their age. Saffron Henderson has a deeper voice but still fits more then Clinkenbeard. Jillian Michaels is more high pitched then Henderson but is muchmore masculine then Clinkenbeard. Also she sounds like an 10 year old and not a 4 year old girl. Another thing to note is that Clinkenbeard's SSJ2 voice is not very good at all. In Japanese Gohan's voice is considerably deeper as a SSJ2 but Clinkenbeards is not. Even Nadonly did it right and she's worse for the most part. I don't remember Jillian's SSJ2 but I am 99% sure that it's better then Clinkenbeard's. So there I've given you my 2 cents. Is that good enough for ya?!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 pm

UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Fine her voice is very, very, very annoying and very high pitched(even more then Masako's but at least her voice is a high pitched BOY.)
The Ocean voices have hints of feminism but are also deeper and sound more like their age. Saffron Henderson has a deeper voice but still fits more then Clinkenbeard. Jillian Michaels is more high pitched then Henderson but is muchmore masculine then Clinkenbeard. Also she sounds like an 10 year old and not a 4 year old girl. Another thing to note is that Clinkenbeard's SSJ2 voice is not very good at all. In Japanese Gohan's voice is considerably deeper as a SSJ2 but Clinkenbeards is not. Even Nadonly did it right and she's worse for the most part. I don't remember Jillian's SSJ2 but I am 99% sure that it's better then Clinkenbeard's. So there I've given you my 2 cents. Is that good enough for ya?!
Okay, before I respond, please try to get your points across better. It's getting harder and harder to understand what you're trying to say.

With that said, I'm starting to wonder if you've really heard the Kai dub, or any young boy for that matter. Especially if you think Naldony did a good job sounding like one, or find other voices to be more "masculine". Clinkenbeard deepened the voice as she went along, during SSJ2 she's sound more serious. She not only did that, she gave the role a humanity to it that it hadn't had before. She had both the acting chops and range to make the character sound believable and endearing.

Please give better arguments as to why they sound better, what did they do to sound more masculine? How did Clinkenbeard not accomplish this? Your two cents aren't very thought out.

Also, I don't know how you can get across feminism in a voice, perhaps you meant femininity?

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:10 pm

I think I forgot to say this but Clinkenbeard started up being my least favorite when I started watching but by the end of Kai, she was one of my favorites. I still can't get over her making Gohan's voice older. I really want to hear more of that "voice". She was pretty good as #18 as well, though sometimes she would sound a little like Gohan.

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:57 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:Fine her voice is very, very, very annoying and very high pitched(even more then Masako's but at least her voice is a high pitched BOY.)
Okay, before I respond, please try to get your points across better. It's getting harder and harder to understand what you're trying to say.

With that said, I'm starting to wonder if you've really heard the Kai dub, or any young boy for that matter. Especially if you think Naldony did a good job sounding like one, or find other voices to be more "masculine". Clinkenbeard deepened the voice as she went along, during SSJ2 she's sound more serious. She not only did that, she gave the role a humanity to it that it hadn't had before. She had both the acting chops and range to make the character sound believable and endearing.

Please give better arguments as to why they sound better, what did they do to sound more masculine? How did Clinkenbeard not accomplish this? Your two cents aren't very thought out.

Also, I don't know how you can get across feminism in a voice, perhaps you meant femininity?

You also have many points that are easy to cut down. 1. I have heard many young boys. They do not sound like Clinkenbeard. They sound more like the Ocean Gohans. 4 year old boys do not sound like 4 year old girls! They sound like high pitched BOYS, not high pitched girls! 2. I've heard the Kai dub's Gohan and his voice pisses me off so bad! Also the SSJ2 voice is very bad. Masako's SSJ2 sounds cocky and closer to Goku's adult voice. I will say this one more time Colleen, stick to Zangya and Princess Snake not Gohan and certainly not Goku! Overall even Nadonly's better because her Goku is good but Colleen has a shit Gohan and a really, really shitty Goku! Jheeze I hate repeating myself 10 times!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:36 pm

UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:You also have many points that are easy to cut down. 1. I have heard many young boys. They do not sound like Clinkenbeard. They sound more like the Ocean Gohans. 4 year old boys do not sound like 4 year old girls! They sound like high pitched BOYS, not high pitched girls! 2. I've heard the Kai dub's Gohan and his voice pisses me off so bad! Also the SSJ2 voice is very bad. Masako's SSJ2 sounds cocky and closer to Goku's adult voice. I will say this one more time Colleen, stick to Zangya and Princess Snake not Gohan and certainly not Goku! Overall even Nadonly's better because her Goku is good but Colleen has a shit Gohan and a really, really shitty Goku! Jheeze I hate repeating myself 10 times!
Okay so by many points, you mean one off hand comment okay. And you're still not making a good case, what 4 year old girl sounds like Clinkenbeard? Or for that matter what kid sound like Naldony? And what does Naldony's Goku voice have to do with Gohan?

You wouldn't have to repeat yourself if you did a better job explaining yourself.

UnbiasedDBZfan
Banned

Post by UnbiasedDBZfan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:46 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:You also have many points that are easy to cut down. 1. I have heard many young boys. They do not sound like Clinkenbeard. They sound more like the Ocean Gohans. 4 year old boys do not sound like 4 year old girls! They sound like high pitched BOYS, not high pitched girls! 2. I've heard the Kai dub's Gohan and his voice pisses me off so bad! Also the SSJ2 voice is very bad. Masako's SSJ2 sounds cocky and closer to Goku's adult voice. I will say this one more time Colleen, stick to Zangya and Princess Snake not Gohan and certainly not Goku! Overall even Nadonly's better because her Goku is good but Colleen has a shit Gohan and a really, really shitty Goku! Jheeze I hate repeating myself 10 times!
Okay so by many points, you mean one off hand comment okay. And you're still not making a good case, what 4 year old girl sounds like Clinkenbeard? Or for that matter what kid sound like Naldony? And what does Naldony's Goku voice have to do with Gohan?

You wouldn't have to repeat yourself if you did a better job explaining yourself.
I have been but you haven't said why Clinkenbeard is better then Ocean Gohans either. Jheeze I'm just a kid, give me a break!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:27 pm

UnbiasedDBZfan wrote:I have been but you haven't said why Clinkenbeard is better then Ocean Gohans either. Jheeze I'm just a kid, give me a break!
No you haven't. Your argument so far has consisted of "She's better because she's better" and "She's better because she sounds more like a young boy". On both fronts you've failed to explain why.

Also, I have explained why I believe Clinkenbeard is better:
AgitoZ wrote:She not only did that, she gave the role a humanity to it that it hadn't had before. She had both the acting chops and range to make the character sound believable and endearing.