Dragonball Kai Season 1 - Yamamoto score?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dexterp

Dragonball Kai Season 1 - Yamamoto score?

Post by dexterp » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm lucky enough to have recieved a DBZ Kai season 1 boxset before the recall. my question is: Is there a way to identify these copies, is there a certain code or ISBN that gives this away?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Dragonball Kai Season 1 - Yamamoto score?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 pm

The DBZ Kai Season One copies out there all contain Kai Yamamoto's music, so it's nothing rare really, only once the *proper* DBZ Kai Season One sets come out (no ETA) then they may eventually be.

I'm interested in the DBZ Kai Season One set but with Kikuchi's music.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 am

You're lucky, Yamamoto sets may become a collector's item in some time, Really, if they had atleast half of the kikuchi score pieces, may be I would be more interested in kai. Truly, if Kikuchi could be brought back to compose music for kai it would be great, but the man must be frigging old, I myself could not bear to have the same music over and over forever lol, Hope Toei releases Takaki's Score, Best composer by far IMHO.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:21 pm

AoiKageNoChikara wrote:You're lucky, Yamamoto sets may become a collector's item in some time, Really, if they had atleast half of the kikuchi score pieces, may be I would be more interested in kai. Truly, if Kikuchi could be brought back to compose music for kai it would be great, but the man must be frigging old, I myself could not bear to have the same music over and over forever lol, Hope Toei releases Takaki's Score, Best composer by far IMHO.
Kikuchi has composed new tracks for Japanese shows according to IMDb and its listing, it's a trustworthy website, so I don't doubt them.

Takaki's music bores me the hell, Asura's Wrath demo gave a small sample of its awesome soundtrack, much much better than Takaki's!

The music selection on DBZ:EoB with Takaki wasn't bad but pretty much forgettable/bland and not the kind of BGMs that gets stuck in my head. Makes me wish Yamamoto's music would've been used instead. =)
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Kikuchi has composed new tracks for Japanese shows according to IMDb and its listing, it's a trustworthy website, so I don't doubt them.

Takaki's music bores me the hell, Asura's Wrath demo gave a small sample of its awesome soundtrack, much much better than Takaki's!

The music selection on DBZ:EoB with Takaki wasn't bad but pretty much forgettable/bland and not the kind of BGMs that gets stuck in my head. Makes me wish Yamamoto's music would've been used instead. =)[
Really? I thought Kikuchi was just about to kick the bucket lol. That's good to know,

Are you.... are you serius about takaki?....man I can't believe someone even has one thing against the bardock special. Well, db fans will never be satisfied LOL.

For me the Episode of Bardock was just amazing in terms of music. Especially Bardock's SSJ Transformation, My brother and I were watching and we were both like OMG, THE MUSIC.. DEWD IT'S DELICIOUS. xD.... No seriusly. Kikuchi might never compose anything dragon ball related, good thing we already got his score on z. But it's time to move on to bigger orchestras, there are many great composers out there like Takaki, As a music lover and aspiring composer I am willing to give them a chance. Many anime have music that's better than most hollywood movies, like code geass, Blue Dragon, death note, Yosuga No Sora (the anime is just stupid but the music is great). I was pleasantly Surprise from the first second Takaki's Music echoed in PTETSS. For me music is one of the most important things to look in story telling, and Sincerely. using Kikuchi's Music would be a huge drawback on future Dragon ball related works. just my opinion though.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Kikuchi has composed new tracks for Japanese shows according to IMDb and its listing, it's a trustworthy website, so I don't doubt them.
I doubt that he newly composed the score for the Akai reikyûsha series. It is a long-running series that has tons of tracks already composed, so I guess they just reused the old pieces and listed him as the composer. Speaking of Denjin Zabôgâ, it uses Kikuchi's old score in the TV series in the 1970s, which was rearranged by Yasuhiko Fukuda.

AoiKageNoChikara wrote:Really? I thought Kikuchi was just about to kick the bucket lol.
Although I know it's forbidden to blatantly swear here, but seriously, let me say this: Vete a la mierda. Can't you say that more indirectly?

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:06 am

Although I know it's forbidden to blatantly swear here, but seriously, let me say this: Vete a la mierda. Can't you say that more indirectly?
Now that I re-read my post it's sounds a bit harsh lol. Not that I intended it to be like that. I didn't loled about the thought of him kicking the bucket, I loled at the fact that I THOUGHT he was just too old for the job yet here they tell me he's freaking on the business. I think you didn't read my "that's good to know" since you didn't quote it. But yeah, it's a bit heavy anyways. I think I kinda deserved the insult lol. So thanks sir, may I have another? 8)
I doubt that he newly composed the score for the Akai reikyûsha series. It is a long-running series that has tons of tracks already composed, so I guess they just reused the old pieces and listed him as the composer. Speaking of Denjin Zabôgâ, it uses Kikuchi's old score in the TV series in the 1970s, which was rearranged by Yasuhiko Fukuda.
Mmmm no wonder Toei had no problem using the kikuchi score on kai It's been done by other companies. That's just a little... kind of cheap. (but I guess Toei is Toei). But well, I would hope they used tons and tons of tracks for kai :S. atleast it would be bearable.