Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight (8) Extras You'd Like To

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:Wow! Is there a higher quality version of this image floating around anywhere? I would like to see it.
I'll try to get it tomorrow, the link I uploaded with the pic in high res is broken so I've gotta be patient too.
Gonstead wrote:I don't really mind the artwork. Stuff like that comes second compared to the content inside.
That's what the casual buyer normally say and doesn't care about how the design is, but I do because I'm planning on putting all the Kai Parts the same way I have as the Dragon Boxes Z.

I honestly hope this cover is a WIP/fan-art.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:59 am

CaBrPi wrote:
kei17 wrote:Have you ever read the original manga? Goku isn't SSJ in it.
Yes, he is. It's quite clearly the Super Saiyan hair, it's just colored darkly, perhaps to make it look "spectral" or something.
No, he is NOT. Look at his eyes, which are drawn in the open way. The hair is darkly-colored (not to make it look spectral or something) and it's just blowing back like his clothes because of the impact wave of the Kamehameha.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:01 am

Best cover from these Kai sets.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Goku looks better with his black hair than yellow (Super Saiyan) hopefully FUNimation will make the change before the pre-order/shipping commences.

By the way, I know it's a crappy edit. :P
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Innagadadavida, here you go.

Its resolution is 6496x4043 (Father-Son Kamehame-Ha + All Dragon Ball Kai Members), and for the size, well, it's 19.2 Megabytes. This is a scan from the original Japanese Dragon Ball Kai which I've found.

The teaser for Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight looks really good, can't wait to own it! :D
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:26 am

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight for Pre-Order on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Kai-S ... 346&sr=1-6
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight

Post by Hades » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 am

I'd like to see "What if TFS wrote the script for Kai?" as being part of the extras. Given the gold that TFS came out with, it would be interesting to see Funi's take on it.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Hades wrote:I'd like to see "What if TFS wrote the script for Kai?" as being part of the extras. Given the gold that TFS came out with, it would be interesting to see Funi's take on it.
Well, isn't DBZ Abridged basically what would happen if Team Four Star wrote the script for DBZ\DBZK?

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Hades wrote:I'd like to see "What if TFS wrote the script for Kai?" as being part of the extras. Given the gold that TFS came out with, it would be interesting to see Funi's take on it.
Well, isn't DBZ Abridged basically what would happen if Team Four Star wrote the script for DBZ\DBZK?
Nnnot really. If we wrote the script for either of those, we'd do our best to follow the original/manga. XD

But, no, I get what you mean. ;3
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:09 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Nnnot really. If we wrote the script for either of those, we'd do our best to follow the original/manga. XD

But, no, I get what you mean. ;3
Oh, if Team Four Star was faithfull to the original material? Then yea, of course it would be awesome. I figured... well, you know what I figured. :D

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:20 pm

If you live in US (or other specific zones) then you're in luck becayse Wal-Mart's selling DBZKP8 pre-orders for $19.86

I assume third party sellers at Amazon UK will sell DBZKP8BD for £14 + shipping like they did with DBZKP7BD.

What the hell Amazon, you used to beat your rivals with lower prices than theirs. :?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:25 am

The forums are finally back! I've been waiting to let you all know that Amazon has Part 8 on Blu-ray for only $17.99. To qualify for free shipping, I also placed an order for the upcoming FMA Brotherhood OVA Collection, which is a Blu-ray+DVD and going for a low price of $12.99. Great deals.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:31 pm

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=109732

It seems we'll also be getting a four-part interview with this release. I wonder if it's a new one with Ayres in it, or the one we haven't gotten yet from before...
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:10 am

Sounds to me like it's just the same one that's already up on youtube that Sabat and Schemmel did when Kai first started. Nice to have, but it would've been nice it they could have done some kind of big round table discussion with them and a few more va's about their experiences dubbing the series after finishing it. Oh well, it's still nice to have on disc.
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am

CashmanX wrote:http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=109732

It seems we'll also be getting a four-part interview with this release. I wonder if it's a new one with Ayres in it, or the one we haven't gotten yet from before...
That's decent content, but it's nothing new really, I would've preferred a new interview with Dameon, Colleen, Morgan and Vic (+ Chris too).

Btw, DBZK's P7's Episode 78 ending was intense!
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:53 pm

I have a feeling that Funimation is simply going to do what they did with Part 7's opening for Part 8.

Dammit Sabat, if you can sing the ending to School Rumble why can't you sing Dragon Soul?! (/humor)
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 am

Part 7 took +/ six months but even though we're not far from the 5th June it sure feels a long wait even more than Part 7's.

If FUNimation then decides to release Dragon Ball Z Kai (again) with the original Japanese cards, meh, I won't be bothered to purchase as owning Parts 1-8 is enough for me (as for DBZ I surely prefer it with the Japanese cards - Thanks FUNi for the Dragon Boxes).
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:53 pm

...Why on Earth would they do that?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:...Why on Earth would they do that?
From Dragon Box Z Vol. 1 trailer with Z Kai-ish feeling:

"This is the definitive Dragon Ball Z Kai experience"
"A must have for Z Kai fans"
"Each Dragon Ball Z Kai box has over 40 uncut episodes"

Additional:
"Featuring the original Japanese cards"
"With all the original Dragon Ball Z Kai music" (in other words, replacement music)

I guess they couldn't say "restored frame by frame" because this has already been remastered (Remaster the remastered? lol). :lol:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Darn, just a interview with Sabat and Schemmel? Well I guess it's better than nothing.