Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm

So happy I've received the shipping confirmation just now, by the 12th July it should be here or so. :D
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Has anyone uploaded the Dragon Soul?
Who sings it?
(Hopes for Vic Mignogna singing with his normal voice)

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 pm

It's just the same one used in part seven.

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Its not the same singers though they used different singers, but they did do the same thing like part 7 with combining the voices.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

They could have also done like what I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FqV46ySPY0&feature=plcp
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 am

cloud1414 wrote:Its not the same singers though they used different singers, but they did do the same thing like part 7 with combining the voices.
I asked Trollvino and he told me it was same as Part 7, but maybe it has a slight difference, I haven't got my own DBZKP8BD to check myself.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 am

Ok, WTF, FUNi?
You started out so well, and then you just stopped...
Why?

Jordan Freeman

Post by Jordan Freeman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:15 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
cloud1414 wrote:Its not the same singers though they used different singers, but they did do the same thing like part 7 with combining the voices.
I asked Trollvino and he told me it was same as Part 7, but maybe it has a slight difference, I haven't got my own DBZKP8BD to check myself.
The opening on the episodes themselves IS different, I can confirm that. Same as part 7, but with Vic replacing Sean. I'm not sure if the others are different.

Weird thing is though, the textless opening on Part 8 is the Part 7 one, at least on the Bluray anyway. They slipped up. :P

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Just thought I'd shared this as a way to celebrate the release of Kai Part 8. Super Saiyan 2 Transformation scene with what I plan to use for Yamamoto/Kikuchi/Faulconer. Weird to think it's finally over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCqdbByC ... e=youtu.be

Yamamoto song is WIN TOUGH FIGHT, and the Faulconer one is Way of the Mystic by Scott Morgan.
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Couple days ago I did my own DBZ Kai Gohan SSJ2 Yamamoto version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLXXy5NdROI totally different from the usual. :P

Ah, yes, Blu-ray.com has new screenshots of Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight.

http://images2.static-bluray.com/review ... _large.jpg
http://images4.static-bluray.com/review ... _large.jpg
http://images2.static-bluray.com/review ... _large.jpg

The PQ of these screens is really good, I wonder if the PQ on Part 8 is better than it was on Part 7. I noticed on a Cell scene there was a lot of dirt on his leg/body part.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:12 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
DHM211 wrote:Ohhh finaly I've been waiting to do this!

http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u51 ... er=noflash
Ouch those slipcovers are in a disastrous condition.
It's kinda funny seeing the transition from beat up to mint condition, mine sort of have the same thing going for them.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 pm

I set my slip covers aside and just put the cases on the shelf. I have the Blu-Ray so its more manageable than doing so with the DVDs. Seriously though with the opening on part 8. That's super weak.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:25 am

Jordan Freeman wrote:Weird thing is though, the textless opening on Part 8 is the Part 7 one, at least on the Bluray anyway. They slipped up. :P
"The textless opening on Part 8 is the Part 7 one" hm.. What's the difference? Aren't they the same? :?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:29 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Jordan Freeman wrote:Weird thing is though, the textless opening on Part 8 is the Part 7 one, at least on the Bluray anyway. They slipped up. :P
"The textless opening on Part 8 is the Part 7 one" hm.. What's the difference? Aren't they the same? :?
Part 7 is a mix between Sean Schemmel, Justin Cook, and Greg Ayres.

Part 8 is a mix between Vic Mignona, Brina Palencia, and Sonny Strait.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:57 am

Ah, the music. OK. Thanks.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:39 am

Just checked Madman's site for future releases and saw Part 8 had been licensed.

August 01. Damn.

Oh well, at least this gives me time to buy Season's 8 and 9 of Z and Season 2 of GT. I'll also probably buy the 2 fatpacks for Dragon Ball at Armageddon Expo this year as well.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Gonstead wrote:Just checked Madman's site for future releases and saw Part 8 had been licensed.

August 01. Damn.
Look on the bright side, Gonstead, you'll be watching DBZ Kai Part Eight during the summer. :P

I should receive my DBZ Kai Part Eight Blu-ray tomorrow as it's the estimate of delivery arrival. Can't wait to get my own DBZKP8BD.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Gonstead wrote:Just checked Madman's site for future releases and saw Part 8 had been licensed.

August 01. Damn.
Look on the bright side, Gonstead, you'll be watching DBZ Kai Part Eight during the summer. :P
August is the end of winter here in New Zealand, and in the middle of a school term. :P

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:11 pm

I didn't get to catch the run of these last ten episodes on Nicktoons, so upon viewing the DVD I'm shocked to learn that the narrator's interjection about Cell knowing true fear in DBZ 187 has been replaced with an inner monologue by Cell.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 am

Received my DBZ Kai Part Eight BD today, yay, oh shit I forgot, the music ain't Yamamoto's, oh well, it's only 10 episodes so I think I'll survive the torture. :|
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray