Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:49 am

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMCMcYjmTN0
Pre-Order: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Kai-S ... 346&sr=1-6

32 days left till DBZ Kai Part Seven is released and then a couple of months after (hopefully 2-3 max) Part Eight will be out.

So, say, which extras would you like to see included on DBZ Kai Part Eight?

I'd like...

- English cast interview and Japanese cast interview.
- Recording sessions with Colleen Clinkenbeard, Sean Schemmel, Chris Sabat, etc.
- Original Dragon Ball Kai logo creditless on OP/ED.
- Karaoke of Insert Songs.
- An exclusive theme for PS3 Blu-ray users (you probably remember other Blu-rays that have this)
- Trailer of Dragon Box Dragon Ball __ (if FUNi really does end up releasing, which I hope).
- Random FUNimation trailers of Dragon Ball products.
Last edited by dbboxkaifan on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai - Part Eight (8) Extras You'd Like To

Post by dragondyle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm

That would be really awesome to see. But on Z Kai Part 1, the textless OP with original Kai logo was included (maybe an error but still on there). I would love some more behind-the-"screams" stuff.
You must have faith in who you are.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Can we just have Chris Ayers talk about Freeza for an hour? That'd be great. Thanks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 pm

I'd like to see an extra going into detail about some of the TV edits and why they were made. Though that might put Tanooki out of a job. :lol:

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:19 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Can we just have Chris Ayers talk about Freeza for an hour? That'd be great. Thanks.
Lets have him talk in the Frieza voice for that period of time and we're good to go! XD
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Remember that topic of old dialog with new Kai voices? That would be awesome. Chris Ayres saying some of the season three Freeza dialog would be a riot.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:Remember that topic of old dialog with new Kai voices? That would be awesome. Chris Ayres saying some of the season three Freeza dialog would be a riot.
Oh yes, I remember that. I'd love it if they did that.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:14 am

Out-takes and scene spoofs. They're a pretty funny group and I'd like to see what they'd come up with. That, and anything with Ayres.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:12 am

Bloopers would be so awesome to include! To me those kind of things are timeless.

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arique » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:02 pm

An audio commentary track on one of the episodes on the set. If Funimation did it with their release of DBZ Movie 1, then they can do it with Kai too.
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Dubbed insert songs? Please?

At least give us a Dragon Soul harmony, even if it's not in the actual episode.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Would it be a cop out answer if I wanted them to have a pre-order special for a disc that has EVERY single bit of extras they have in their possession? And they have the order online for a month or so, and the amount that was ordered is the amount that is made. That way they don't have to worry about losing money, AND I'm sure more people would be scrambling at the rarity of it and the ability to see all the extras they have been holding back on us.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 pm

I'd love to see interviews, or perhaps a special with the English dub actors where they explain what it felt like to come back and their overall thoughts of Kai, how they feel about their work on Dragon Ball as a whole, etc. Also, I'd like explanations behind some of the actor changes, and attack name changes... especially the Solar Flare -> Taiyoken -> Solar Flare thing on the home release. I'd also like a final farewell from the dub cast, or perhaps a "until we meet again!" goodbye from them.

A long long time ago, I bought a Tenchi Muyo DVD boxset which had an extra disc that had a character encyclopedia on it as well as various tools, attacks, and ships seen on the show. I think a disc like that would be cool for Kai's grand finale.

Other than that, I'd like to the usual; clean intros and outros.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Samwize78
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Samwize78 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 pm

I'd like to see a nice version of "Dragon Soul". Or some bloopers like FUNimation included with the final Part of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 pm

.......... The trailer for FUNimation's new dub of the final story arc! :D

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 pm

ohaimynameiserik wrote:.......... The trailer for FUNimation's new dub of the final story arc! :D
I'm definitely sure Part Eight's trailer will have Gohan SSJ2's scene, it's no wonder, it's one of the best moments from the entire Z/Kai series. :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:05 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
ohaimynameiserik wrote:.......... The trailer for FUNimation's new dub of the final story arc! :D
I'm definitely sure Part Eight's trailer will have Gohan SSJ2's scene, it's no wonder, it's one of the best moments from the entire Z/Kai series. :P
Oh sorry, you misinterpreted me. :P

I was joking that FUNimation would do a new dub of the Buu/Boo arc with the current Kai cast.

Sure would be nice...

Samwize78
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Samwize78 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 am

I'm sure they'll do something. It's Dragon Ball Z, so I don't think they'd just throw it out there without giving it something special to it's name. I mean they don't have any other Z releases going right now anyways.

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Samwize78 wrote:I'm sure they'll do something. It's Dragon Ball Z, so I don't think they'd just throw it out there without giving it something special to it's name. I mean they don't have any other Z releases going right now anyways.
I dunno, I think it's kind of unrealistic to expect it. If Japan ends up doing it, we will probably see it dubbed. If not, I wouldn't hold my breath. FUNimation isn't going to go out of their way to spend money just for a show's consistency's sake. If that were the case we would have had a lot less cancelled releases.

Bee

Post by Bee » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Commentary. I would freaking love that.