DBZKai comes to the UK

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

DBZKai comes to the UK

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:22 am

Credit goes to wjbraden and Jacob YBM!!!

http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1198
Last edited by Cure Dragon 255 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: DBZKai comes to the UK

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 am

She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 am

Eh, that topic was old anyway, I think this should be the new topic for the Ocean Dub of Kai.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:35 am

But we are not sure if the UK will get the Ocean dub...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 am

"Dragon Ball Z Kai now broadcast in the UK

MONDAY 19TH NOVEMBER 2012

The English media group CSC Media just acquired the TV rights for 53 episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai. The English dubbed version should start airing this month in the UK.

The Dragon Ball Z series is currently published on DVD by Manga Entertainment in the UK where the 4th box is released this month. "

This Month?! There's not much time left for that. We'll finally see if they stick with the available Funi Dub, or if the Ocean Dub makes its first appearance.

It could go either way, but I wouldn't complain about either. Funi Dub? They get a good dub to watch. Ocean Dub? We finally get to see it and see how it is.

...Takin' all bets! lol
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 am

I wonder how many people will get to see DBZKai in the UK. The BARB site only shows Britain I think.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 am

Maybe it starts December 1st? That's when Power Rangers Mystic Force is due to start on Kix.

Sunlight & City Night
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sunlight & City Night » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 am

Interesting news.
Which channel is airing it?
Could this maybe tie into that mysterious recording session the Japanese voice actors did recently?
"HEAD CHA LA!"
------------------------
DBO - Pauten - Server 1
------------------------
http://sonpauten.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539041065
http://twitter.com/#!/sonPauten

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 am

I'd be surprised if it weren't the Ocean Dub, considering that little podcast snippet we heard ages ago. Do we have any idea about what channel it'll be on?
Last edited by Rory on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 am

Rory wrote:I'd be surprised if it weren't the Ocean Dub, considering that little podcast snipped we heard ages ago. Do we have any idea about what channel it'll be on?
Cartoon Network, Disney XD or Nickelodeon?

Toon channels don't really have that high impact it had back 10-20 years ago so it won't make too much of a difference from the usual cartoons aired. Plus, it's not likely that teens/adults still watch cartoon channels any more compared to 10-20 years back then.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Rory wrote:I'd be surprised if it weren't the Ocean Dub, considering that little podcast snipped we heard ages ago. Do we have any idea about what channel it'll be on?
Cartoon Network, Disney XD or Nickelodeon?

Toon channels don't really have that high impact it had back 10-20 years ago so it won't make too much of a difference from the usual cartoons aired. Plus, it's not likely that teens/adults still watch cartoon channels any more compared to 10-20 years back then.
Considering that the link in the initial post states that CSC Media aquired the rights, the potential channels for airing are all listed here:

http://www.cscmediagroup.com/showreels/

Considering that Pop, Tiny Pop & PopGirl have different target demographics and the fact that Kix has aired Digimon & Ultimate Muscle it is most likely Kix where the TV series will air.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm betting on this being the Ocean dub, but I suppose it's possible that this could be the FUNi dub.

So, erm...................if...y'know..........this DOES.....turn out to be the Ocean dub................couldsomebodypostittoYouTubenotthatI'mactivelyreccomendingpiracyoranythinglikethat?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:55 pm

If it airs on KiX, you can rest assured that it will be recorded :)
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Really happy with this news. It has been too long since Dragonball was broadcast in the UK so I'm delighted we're finally getting Kai.

Looks like it is going to be broadcast on the channel called KIX, I didn't even know of the channels existence until today and was surprised they've got a couple of decent programs already airing like Ultimate Muscle, Digimon and Batman Beyond. Also the company who have the rights also owned the Anime Central UK channel back in 2010 but unfortunately that closed down.

I would love DBZ to regain some popularity in the UK and this is a step in the right direction anyway.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

So, there's a possibility this can broadcast on Kix!? That's pretty cool.

I've never bothered to pay for Sky subscription or have a Freeview box (although, there's a couple hanging around) but if Ocean Dub Kai is the dub to air in UK, I'll start watching Kix!. :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Sunlight & City Night wrote:Interesting news.
Which channel is airing it?
Could this maybe tie into that mysterious recording session the Japanese voice actors did recently?
The "mysterious recording session" was the Boo-arc of Kai. I don't see how that would have anything to do directly with a new broadcast, unless they go directly into the Boo-arc after Cell is over.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Well, this is exciting! There's a huge possibility that it will be the Ocean dub, as the UK does usually get "alternative" dubs of DB stuff, but also the possibility of Dragon Ball becoming popular with the new generation is fantastic. Kids have never heard of the series these days, which is sad in its own right, and as a result we hardly ever get things released. I want to see kids with Son Goku action figures again :D

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:35 pm

It will just be the Funimation cast, except they're all doing horrible, fake English accents.

Goku has a Cockney accent, of course.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 pm

penguintruth wrote:It will just be the Funimation cast, except they're all doing horrible, fake English accents.

I like to think Goku would have a Yorkshire accent :P

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Fizzer wrote:
penguintruth wrote:It will just be the Funimation cast, except they're all doing horrible, fake English accents.

I like to think Goku would have a Yorkshire accent :P
I just picture Goku sounding like a male Eliza Dolittle, whereas Gohan sounds like Higgens.

Piccolo is Colonel Pickering.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?