DBZKai comes to the UK

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: DBZKai comes to the UK

Post by Sin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Peeked at the Kix website and saw some 'fact files' for the characters, so this is what UK DBZ:K fans will believe:

Strongest fighter on Vegeta? Wow.

Home planet is Vegeta? Okay then.

And Goku's real source of energy is his food... right.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:25 pm

^Well, to be fair, whenever he complains about being hungry, he's usually weakened quite a bit. Remember when he lost to Yamcha because he was hungry?

Also, why are they spoiling Gohan going Super Saiyan 2? :eh: Those are pretty odd.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm

It's true apart from Krillin on Vegeta, as if Goku didn't eat he would die, I can only imagine the amount of calories it would take even for one minute of fighting at that tempo.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Wow... I didn't know Gokuh took Chichi back to the blown-to-smithereens Planet Vegeta he didn't know existed... >_>
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Differnt? Engery? Someone needs to proofread these.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:Wow... I didn't know Gokuh took Chichi back to the blown-to-smithereens Planet Vegeta he didn't know existed... >_>
Where does it say that? Vegeta is his home planet, not the place where he currently resides.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 pm

I wonder why planet Vegeta is listed as Gohans home planet. Have they been getting their info off of DB wikia or something? :P

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:45 pm

I wonder how much longer Kix will make us wait for new episodes. Hopefully not long seeing as the whole Cell saga was dubbed years ago.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 pm

I'd like Dragon Ball Kai on DVD in UK, but shame it wouldn't include the original Kai Broadcast Music that'd automatically drop any interested I had. Shame really that Toei Animation was so damn cheap that they didn't bother getting Takaki's cinematic soundtrack as Kai's replacement score. </3
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm pretty sure it will end up getting a DVD release at some point. Manga mentioned wanting to release it a few times before Kix even started airing it. I'll personally be happy to get it just for the small things like the swearing and minor changes in the dialogue as well as the uncut fight scenes.

I'm pretty happy with Kikuchi's score in Kai despite it being somewhat limited. I'd take a score that sounds good with limited music over a whole bunch of bad music any day. Although I am curious to hear Kai with Yamamoto's score as I'm a fan of his work in the games despite it being ripped off.

Also I have a theory as to why Kix are making us wait for the Cell saga. I think that they must be aware of the Buu saga being made so they want to pace the series properly so that we don't get a massive wait between Cell and Buu. Hopefully FUNi will have the Buu saga dubbed before too long so we can get the entire series on Kix. It'll be great finally having the whole series in one consistent good dub on UK tv. When DBZ was on it was like watching 3 entirely different shows due to the switch from Saban dub to FUNi dub to Westwood dub. All 3 felt so different with the completely different soundtracks and all not to mention having 4 voices for Goku for Z alone.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 pm

oXdanXo wrote:Where does it say that? Vegeta is his home planet, not the place where he currently resides.
It says Gohan was born on Vegeta.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:17 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I wonder how much longer Kix will make us wait for new episodes. Hopefully not long seeing as the whole Cell saga was dubbed years ago.
Maybe they're waiting for the cheaper license from Ocean group? :P

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Sin wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:I wonder how much longer Kix will make us wait for new episodes. Hopefully not long seeing as the whole Cell saga was dubbed years ago.
Maybe they're waiting for the cheaper license from Ocean group? :P
God I hope not. I am somewhat curious to see that dub but I don't want it to be the dub we get stuck with on tv. For me the Westwood Ocean dub ruined DBZ when it was on Toonami because it was so damn cheaply made and I'd really hate to see the same thing happen to Kai. I doubt Kix would do that anyway. If they were going to they would have used it already seeing as how that dub would have passed episode 53 before Kai aired on kix.