DBZKai comes to the UK

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Re: DBZKai comes to the UK

Post by TestDemo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello

Did anynone notice that when episode 24 aired yesterday night, that at the end of the episode the audio goes out of sync with the video, can anyone out there please tell me if this happed during the 6PM airing or was it only on the 9:30PM one? Also if it was on the 6PM airing is this a error already noted about the edited US dub or something that has happened exclusively to Kix and not NickToons US?

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Are you talking about when Vegeta crawled out of the water after being beaten by Zarbon but it played the line where he was thinking of hiding the Dragon Balls in the Lake? Because yes, that bothered me very much. I was only watching it out of boredom so I was completely caught off by the terrible lack of double checking going on.
EDIT: I was watching the 9:30 PM broadcast though, so I'm not sure if I really answered your question in a helpful manner.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Ryuman wrote:Are you talking about when Vegeta crawled out of the water after being beaten by Zarbon but it played the line where he was thinking of hiding the Dragon Balls in the Lake? Because yes, that bothered me very much. I was only watching it out of boredom so I was completely caught off by the terrible lack of double checking going on.
EDIT: I was watching the 9:30 PM broadcast though, so I'm not sure if I really answered your question in a helpful manner.
Yes, that was the problem. I just read the NickToons edit thread as well as the one on this site and there is no mention of it happening with the US airing, so I guess this must be something exclusive to the UK airing. Maybe someone should contact Kix and inform them of this problem?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:09 pm

That error occurred when they retrospectively replaced the score for Nicktoon's broadcast because of Yamamoto's scandal, so it's not UK-exclusive. It confirms that they're using the Nicktoons version, by the way.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm

That makes me even more annoyed. Something like this should have been long fixed, but I'm not entirely surprised to be honest.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 am

Update!: Great news guys! DBZ Kai is now showing up in the ratings! It's now in the top 10 multiple times and has reached the highest position of Number 2!

Check it out

http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-top-10

Also Kix always rank their most popular shows on their site in descending order and look what's number 2

http://www.kixtv.co.uk/whats-on/

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 am

Yay! I'm super glad DBZKai has caught on with the little Chaps!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 am

That's great! Love how the younger generation are getting into DB :D Hopefully DB becomes quite popular in the UK again and we start getting a bit of merchandise. That's probably just wishful thinking though :|

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Didn't actually find Kix! on Freeview TV even though I went through all channels, so it may be of the antenna's fault or something but anyway, it's FUNimation's NickToons Cut Kai version so I know what it's like pretty much.

I honestly can't be bothered to watch television channels because they're filled with annoying advertisement (loans) and free channels usually ain't worth shit which is why Netflix, LOVEFiLM, NOWTV, Sky, Blinkbox, Crackle, VEVO, Crunchyroll, YouTube, etc.

People who want this for free either go for this route or you know.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Xell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xell » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 pm

It's really great we finally got Dragonball Z Kai. Not only that, but it's doing well in the ratings!

I was shocked when my girlfriend and I happened to be scrolling through the kids channels (let's face it, UK TV is pretty bad, so we resort to watching kids TV at times) and seeing Dragonball Z Kai on Kix!

I must have seemed somewhat aggressive when I told her to go on Kix! quickly. It felt great to be hearing Shunsuke Kikuchi's score on a TV broadcast of Dragonball Z, even if it is Kai. Not only that, but the colours looked surprisingly good on her CRT TV.

Overall, Kix! seems like a pretty cool channel. I could definitely imagine myself watching a TV channel like that when I was younger.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 am

I agree. I wish I had Kix.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 pm

Xell wrote:It's really great we finally got Dragonball Z Kai. Not only that, but it's doing well in the ratings!

I was shocked when my girlfriend and I happened to be scrolling through the kids channels (let's face it, UK TV is pretty bad, so we resort to watching kids TV at times) and seeing Dragonball Z Kai on Kix!

I must have seemed somewhat aggressive when I told her to go on Kix! quickly. It felt great to be hearing Shunsuke Kikuchi's score on a TV broadcast of Dragonball Z, even if it is Kai. Not only that, but the colours looked surprisingly good on her CRT TV.

Overall, Kix! seems like a pretty cool channel. I could definitely imagine myself watching a TV channel like that when I was younger.
Who still uses CRT anyway?
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

Xell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xell » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 pm

Hades wrote:
Xell wrote:It's really great we finally got Dragonball Z Kai. Not only that, but it's doing well in the ratings!

Who still uses CRT anyway?
I think the question is: who cares? No need to be a snob.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 am

I'm glad Dragon Ball Z Kai is doing well in the UK in the TV ratings. I just wish Kix! aired Digimon Tamers as well as Savers aka Data Squad.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:42 am

It is doing well but I'd still feel better if it was the number 1 show.

Speaking of Digimon I'd love it if Kix showed Digimon series 1. That was my favourite show before DBZ came along and I haven't seen it in years.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Its got to build an audience first. When kids get into the plot (And I bet they will soon) DBZKai's ratings will skyrocket!

Also, Marvista will sell the rights to Digimon around the world, its only a matter of time till Digimon comes to the UK!

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:18 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Its got to build an audience first. When kids get into the plot (And I bet they will soon) DBZKai's ratings will skyrocket!

Also, Marvista will sell the rights to Digimon around the world, its only a matter of time till Digimon comes to the UK!
If Kix! eventually gets the chance to air all Digimon seasons besides Data Squad/Savers, Kix! will become my favorite channel to watch Dragon Ball Z Kai and Digimon series. Maybe in the future Kix! will air DBZ movies, Dragon Ball GT and so much more, if the TV ratings goes strong with Dragon Ball Z Kai on Kix!

SongOfStorms125

Post by SongOfStorms125 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:33 am

90sDBZ wrote:It is doing well but I'd still feel better if it was the number 1 show.
Yeah so would I, but considering the show has been off television for around a decade and there is no real promotion for it anywhere I’m glad the show has done as well as it has.
Edit: apart from a few social network posts from MangaUK and the small UK anime community, but they’re not really the audience Kix should be targeting.

But re-watching Kai this time I thought to myself how difficult it must be getting into the show as there is so much prior establishing of characters and histories, which as a kid you had to figure out which I would find hard to approach now and I feel that the nicktoons-edit of Funimation Kai dub doesn’t aid the first-time viewer as much as it could do.

The main reason it’s not doing amazing is the timeslot, none of the airings suit their target audience.
as a kid I couldn’t have watched the 8am airing due to school and in the evenings at 6 and 9-10 pm my parents would watch TV or I would normally be out with friends, and i i dont think the introduction of Services like Sky+ changes that .
power rangers is their highest rated show due to its airing at 4-5pm in the after school slot and unless they bring a double airing of Kai forward to 5-6pm or give it the shot Power Rangers ocupies I doubt that will change .

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Manga Entertainment has announced One Piece UK Collection packs, they look good, basically the same amount of episodes, but overpriced (you can get them for £15 imported).

If the UK DBZ Orange Bricks are selling okay at £30, then I guess One Piece will also do fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piece-Uncut-Col ... 626&sr=1-3

So.. if they were to release DB Kai the prices would probably be very similar.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Manga Entertainment has announced One Piece UK Collection packs, they look good, basically the same amount of episodes, but overpriced (you can get them for £15 imported).

If the UK DBZ Orange Bricks are selling okay at £30, then I guess One Piece will also do fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piece-Uncut-Col ... 626&sr=1-3

So.. if they were to release DB Kai the prices would probably be very similar.
This is great it's the only other Anime I'm into apart from Dragon Ball and Pokemon, I haven't bought the DBZ ones from Manga yet because of the price difference and I'm only Season 3 and 4 away from having a full US release which I want for the full Dragon image. I'd get One Piece but £15 to import them is too cheap compared to the UK collections.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)