Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by Big Momma » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:56 am

Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:05 am

Big Momma wrote:Larger scan (Courtesy of ANN)

http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/image ... zkai10.jpg
Kinda off topic, but does the bottom-left corner say anything about more print volumes of the 'Full Colour Comics'?
Kaboom wrote:
MagicBox wrote:I guess... we got the last laugh?
Please, allow me.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA~
Toriko may have been for now, but...

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:13 am

...Oh the things that get announced while I'm asleep. Thankfully (kinda?) this time though, I was awoken by the sounds of ice falling off the roof. HELLZ. YEAH.

I didn't think I'd be this excited, but I am, kinda. I can't wait to see how they handle this, though I really hope the years in-between production don't make it feel too different when compared to the first parts of Kai. You know, other than the new score. I'm really hoping they got the Battle of Gods guy to do it too. I liked his movie score enough to be interested in hearing what else he might be able to come up with.

Please, PLEASE have an entirely new opening song/ending, and please, when you get along to the end yet again, animate the Kanzenban ending even if it's juts in the end credits or something. Those are my main hopes for this as a product in-of-itself. For the dub, I just can't wait to see who new comes to the table, and how good old returning voice actors are now with so many more years under their collective belts.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:27 am

Since it's going to actually air in tv, it's most reasonable to think the ost will be released :)
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:31 am

So here's a fun fact: Boo saga starts the same month that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders starts. Looks like April's gonna be a very awesome month. :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:58 am

penguintruth wrote:I am surely looking forward to the greatest voice actor of all time, Sean Schemmel, returning to his peerless powerhouse performance as Goku. For he is the best and let it be forever known this is how I feel or may I be denied opportunities and not know for four f***ing years. I'm still not keen on Josh Martin's Buu or Justin Cook's older Dende, though.
Schemen!

Even though its pretty much confirmed with Battle of Z that Josh Martin is good Buu again :thumbdown: , lets pray the Justin Cook is not Dende again, I rather hear Maxey Whitehead continue the role.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 am

Heh. They could get Aaron Dismuke to voice older Dende.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:57 am

It seem to have been already revealed on V-Jump's official website before the leak... http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/nextinfo/

I wonder why no one noticed this. :lol:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:13 am

kei17 wrote:I wonder why no one noticed this. :lol:
That entire page was blank, with only a white image of the V-Dragon mentioning the magazine's release date, earlier while I was checking in hopes of finding information or designs on the new avatar Class-up in Heroes. So it couldn't have been up for too long before the leak.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:27 am

Finally!

Now hopefully the people involved in production can actually talk about this. It has felt like Fight Club for the past couple of months...

The first rule of the Buu saga of Kai is...
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:20 am

If they have a new opening, I'm interested. It'd be awesome. Dragon Soul would be Kai's Cha La, while the new one would be Kai's We Gotta Power.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 am

TheRed259 wrote:Awesome news although it will be a little boring now in the beginning with the Great Saiyaman.
But I liked the Great Saiyaman portion :(
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:59 am

Ah, at last the news drought is at an end. :D
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 am

Finally, love the Buu Saga, can't wait for Funimations dub. Speaking of, would a Blu-Ray release for June go amiss?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:31 am

I just hope it's not Dragon Box Z upscaled because that'd suck but then again it's Toei Animation and they just care to make money off of it (much like FUNimation).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:33 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:I just hope it's not Dragon Box Z upscaled because that'd suck but then again it's Toei Animation and they just care to make money off of it (much like FUNimation).
I quote MarcFBR's post here.
MarcFBR wrote:Please stop commenting on technical and release aspects that you don't know about.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 am

'kay but could those mini-screens be that the show will be 16x9 AR?

I'll definitely check out the Buu arc of Kai and if the picture quality satisfies me then I'll pre-order when it becomes available on BD from FUNimation.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 am

At last it's announced, I can't wait!
dbboxkaifan wrote:I just hope it's not Dragon Box Z upscaled because that'd suck but then again it's Toei Animation and they just care to make money off of it (much like FUNimation).
Because Toriyama made the manga to please the poor children, and to follow his dreams and become a great mangaka, and never cared about money...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:43 am

How many episodes is it going to have and somebody has to tell vagettoEX the news about this.