Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chaospunishment
Beyond Newbie

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by chaospunishment » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:54 pm

Battle of Z is the first game to use Evil Buu in English.

Excited for this. I wonder how much of Saiyaman is getting cut.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:29 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Didn't a recent English video game (or more) also use "Evil Buu" instead of "Super Buu"?
And suprisingly they used goku's full name in the mission titles son goku
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:22 am

It would be a lot cooler if it did premiere on April the 5th (Toriyama's birthday) instead of the 6th. Damn, it was so close! :lol: Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that the 6th is a Sunday. Does anyone know if when Kai originally premiered in 2009, it was a Sunday too?

Also, is Toriko still airing or not? What is on Kai's supposed timeslot as of now?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:29 am

Bagginses wrote:is Toriko still airing or not? What is on Kai's supposed timeslot as of now?
Toriko is holding it's time wich will end on march 30
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 am

Bagginses wrote:Does anyone know if when Kai originally premiered in 2009, it was a Sunday too?
Yes, it's always aired on Shonen Sunday.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Bagginses wrote:It would be a lot cooler if it did premiere on April the 5th (Toriyama's birthday) instead of the 6th. Damn, it was so close! :lol: Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that the 6th is a Sunday. Does anyone know if when Kai originally premiered in 2009, it was a Sunday too?
Well, when the series first premiered in 2009 it was on April 5th, so they did already hit Toriyama's birthday. And yes, it does have a lot to do with the 6th being a Sunday. When the franchise first began, all of Fuji TV's major anime programs were aired during prime time. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT all aired at 7PM on Wednesday nights. The 90s Doctor Slump remake and One Piece followed suit with that same Wednesday time slot as well, but in April 2001 Fuji TV moved the majority of their anime to Sundays. They still kept them all in prime time at that point, but in October 2006 One Piece was moved to Sunday mornings at 9:30AM, where it's been ever since.

You can read all about the series' premiere here on the main site.
Bagginses wrote:Also, is Toriko still airing or not? What is on Kai's supposed timeslot as of now?
This Sunday (30 March 2014) the last episode of Toriko with air, and then Kai will take over that time slot.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:21 pm

I guess we don't know yet if the first episode is being called episode #99? Kanzenshuu uses the number, but that might just be a guess at this point, right?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:25 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I guess we don't know yet if the first episode is being called episode #99? Kanzenshuu uses the number, but that might just be a guess at this point, right?
I really hope they continue off the episode count from the Cell arc and call the first part, part 9 instead of 1. Its a new arc but its still the same series.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:46 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I guess we don't know yet if the first episode is being called episode #99? Kanzenshuu uses the number, but that might just be a guess at this point, right?
It's a complete guess at this point. I've been waiting for any sort of update that may let us know, but so far there hasn't been anything. And technically, as far as the broadcast is concerned, they could start at 98 instead. At this point, I have no idea what they're gonna do. They could start the count all over at 1 for all we know.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:28 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
I really hope they continue off the episode count from the Cell arc and call the first part, part 9 instead of 1. Its a new arc but its still the same series.
If you are talking about funimation then they probably will regardless of what toie calls it cause with the last episode of the cell arc in japan it's called an extra while here it's called episodes 98

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Hujio wrote:
They could start the count all over at 1 for all we know.
They didn't rename the show so there's no reason to why they would do that

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:53 pm

They could actually start from 1 all over again if they add a "Boo saga" indication on the Blu-ray / DVD releases (which is what they do almost ten times in the Anime Comics, naming the saga and restarting the volume number from 1 as if it was a different series).

However, I think they will keep it in line with what Z was back then, therefore making the Boo saga a direct continuation of the previous numbers for episodes.

Since Episode 98 was conceived and released as such, I guess they will acknowledge its existence even as a Blu-ray/DVD exclusive (for now, because they would likely air it with the rest if there were re-runs) and consider the first episode from the Boo saga as Episode 99. I don't know how we can check it out though, I don't really know where Toei officially states the number of each episode. (TV guide? DVD menu?)

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Storm wrote:
Bagginses wrote:Does anyone know if when Kai originally premiered in 2009, it was a Sunday too?
Is this an actual title for Fuji TV's anime block? Because there's definitely a shonen magazine called Weekly Shonen Sunday(popular titles are Detective Conan, InuYasha), published by Shogakukan, and sort of a rival to Weekly Shonen Jump.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:50 pm

B wrote:
Storm wrote:
Is this an actual title for Fuji TV's anime block? Because there's definitely a shonen magazine called Weekly Shonen Sunday(popular titles are Detective Conan, InuYasha), published by Shogakukan, and sort of a rival to Weekly Shonen Jump.
No, the 9AM slot is called Dream 9.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:59 pm

B wrote:
Storm wrote:
I think I actually have one of those lying around somewhere.

Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Cameos. Cameos everywhere.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I really hope Sabat is willing to change from Vegito to Vegetto in the dub. Do you think that will happen?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I really hope Sabat is willing to change from Vegito to Vegetto in the dub. Do you think that will happen?
Could always ask him on Twitter. It's not an actual 'Hey are you dubbing Kai question'. Probably similar to me asking him if he had any involvement in picking 'Beerus' as the English name.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I really hope Sabat is willing to change from Vegito to Vegetto in the dub. Do you think that will happen?
Has it changed from the video games? If not, most likely it will still be Vegito.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Wouldn't the pronunciation be the same?