Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ajay

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by Ajay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Aw that's cute, their background looks like it came from the Season Sets.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:52 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Aw that's cute, their background looks like it came from the Season Sets.
:lol: Nice, very nice xD
So, there will be 69 episodes...
"Dragon Ball Z Kai : The Final Chapters"...meh..it sounds like a (11 year-old boy Youtuber) fanmade stuff...

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Interesting...
his remastered and reedited series is being broadcast in the UK on Kix
I wonder if that's just stating the obvious - that in the UK, the first part of Kai has been broadcast on KIX and is current repeating, or whether it means that the Buu arc has been licensed, and is imminent here?
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm

Finally, an official art of the Gokhan fusion!

:roll:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 pm

LOL! "The Final Chapters"? :lol:

I wonder if that's what they'll make FUNi and others call the Buu arc.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:37 pm

69 episodes for Buu?

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:43 pm

69 episodes, seriously? They'll be cutting out the Great Saiyaman stuff (the best part) and not much else, then. It was the REST of the arc that I wanted streamlining :(

FUNi are going to get three seasons out of this - that's too many.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Yay Majin Vegeta vs Goku filler! But everything else needs to vanish. Btw how many eps was in Z for Boo

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Yay Majin Vegeta vs Goku filler! But everything else needs to vanish. Btw how many eps was in Z for Boo
#195 - #291 covered it.

Personally I'm okay with the length. I never liked the Saiyaman stuff much so I'm pretty pleased with how this should turn out. You know, excluding the shitty remaster and horrendous music.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Prylum

Post by Prylum » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Not sure if I'm just being blatantly stupid here.. But if this is to be shown on UK TV, what dub would it be using? We've had no official word from Funimation themselves (apart from the 'we haven't recorded a dub' thing they said) and it would seem odd for the UK to get the Texan dub first. Would this be the Ocean dub?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Prylum wrote:Not sure if I'm just being blatantly stupid here.. But if this is to be shown on UK TV, what dub would it be using? We've had no official word from Funimation themselves (apart from the 'we have no plans to dub it' thing) and it would seem odd for the UK to get the Texan dub first. Would this be the Ocean dub?
Kix aired FUNimation's dub prior. Chris Sabat and co. denying it being dubbed sounds like NDA talk. As Schemmel and Hebert have stated in the past they were working on it and then had to delete it probably after someone at FUNimation was like 'Dude, you can't talk about that yet'.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Sabat even mentioned it being 'around 69 episodes' at a con earlier, which we assumed to be wrong at the time. Apparently not.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Puto wrote:Sabat even mentioned it being 'around 69 episodes' at a con earlier, which we assumed to be wrong at the time. Apparently not.
Yeah, especially since someone at Toei I think said that they cut the episode count in half.

Apparently they suck at math.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

The end of July seems an odd place to finish; the summer anime season tends to start around late June. I wonder if Toei will start up Toriko again or if they'll license another shounen property for the slot. I really wouldn't want a Heroes series; outside of the character designs it's so uninteresting to me.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Assuming this episode count is truly reflective of the series' length July probably wouldn't be entirely out of the question, but I could see there being enough breaks to push the last episode to 27 September 2015. Then again, maybe Dragon Ball Kai will do some double episodes? It'd be a great chance to give One Piece a week off.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 am

69 ? Didn't masako nozawa say it was cut in half meaning from 97 to 48 ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:24 am

sintzu wrote:69 ? Didn't masako nozawa say it was cut in half meaning from 97 to 48 ?
She said the episode count was halved, but didn't give a figure.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:46 am

Oh, Nozawa said that. That's okay since she was likely taking a rough guess.