Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Buu Saga Kai

Post by Travis Touchdown » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:09 pm

So, to my limited knowledge, there hasn't been much said about the Buu Saga aside from Toei saying they're making it for international fans, Chris Sabat confirming they have every episode, and Sean Schemmel is finished doing his voice work.

What else do we know? Is it going to release in X parts as usual? Are parts being abandoned in favor of seasons? When is it coming? What's the score; more Kikuchi or new composer? Who's returning for the dub?

Do we know any of that yet?
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Last we heard Toei is not very far along with the process of making episodes. A new score is being composed.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:03 am

JulieYBM wrote:Last we heard Toei is not very far along with the process of making episodes. A new score is being composed.
A new score!? Yes!
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 am

Well, I know Kyle Hebert tweeted about it, and then soon after deleted the tweet. It was something along the lines of "I'll be recording my lines as Gohan soon".

I asked about it at A-kon, and Kyle said he couldn't say anything about it. The day after A-kon, he posted an Instagram photo of himself in the booth at Funimation. I can only assume what this means, but I'm assuming that means he did some recording then.

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Post by WesMan23 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 pm

We know it's being done, and the information given is that it will have a new score, Schemmel was basically finishing up his portion, Kyle Hebert was recording, and I believe Kara Edwards said she would be returning as well. I also remember something being posted that it would be 66 episodes long, though I would take it with a grain of salt. FUNi has all but officially confirmed that Buu Arc Kai is being done, but based on all the information that we have, it will be done for sure. When will it come out? No way to say for sure, but I would guess by the end of this year, or early 2014. It's getting to the point now where the bulk of it should be finished. But, our guess is as good as anybody's as far as a true release date goes.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 pm

When is Buu Saga Kai gonna be done and released in Japan anyway?
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:When is Buu Saga Kai gonna be done and released in Japan anyway?
There is no indication is will be.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:31 am

Info about the new composer is in this thread =/. Comment section 1 at the end and all of comment section 2.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 12&t=23942

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:33 pm

The lack of info on the process of making the Boo saga is confusing to me, but I guess it's mostly due to it not being released in Japan, which kills any possibility to have it promoted there through Jump and other things...
When they do promotion, they do it for the Japanese market, not with the thought that the whole world is watching and relaying the new info/pictures. So for a product they don't plan on releasing there, they just won't see the need to show or tell anything.
And then, even when Kai arrived, I believe we had previews of what it looked like and what the new opening looked like only a few days before the actual airing of the first episode...

Tss, I wish we had some glimpses of the new opening/ending animations, information about the songs they'll used (pre-existing like Orange Hero and Hero (Song of Hope) or new?), how many episodes officially, etc...

But for the first time, we might actually have not the slightest information or picture about the content until the actual release of the product in the US in 2014.
This is hard. Perhaps if Funimation is kind, they'll post a trailer at the end of the year to promote the upcoming 2014 DVD/Blu-rays.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 am

JulieYBM wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:When is Buu Saga Kai gonna be done and released in Japan anyway?
Hold up, is that implying there will be no Japanese dub or just that it won't be released there?
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:37 am

The Japanese cast said they were recording their lines.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 am

ringworm128 wrote:The Japanese cast said they were recording their lines.
Phew. I'd read that before, thought maybe there'd been a change I'd missed.

Deadtuber.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:32 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Hold up, is that implying there will be no Japanese dub or just that it won't be released there?
From what I understand there will be a Japanese dub but the actual episodes of Buu arc itself won't be released in Japan.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:12 pm

I thought it was just that it wasn't going to air on Japanese TV, but it would still be available on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 pm

penguintruth wrote:I thought it was just that it wasn't going to air on Japanese TV, but it would still be available on DVD and Blu-Ray.
That's what I assumed. I can't see why on earth they would include the Japanese cast purely for western audiences' sake.

Deadtuber.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:23 pm

I dunno, Sonic X's last batch of episodes, while having a Japanese track, were never put out on DVDs in Japan. You either saw it from fansubs of the Chinese release or 4Kids official subs on their site/Hulu/other streaming networks.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Dizrythmia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dizrythmia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 am

WesMan23 wrote:I also remember something being posted that it would be 66 episodes long, though I would take it with a grain of salt.
That was me & now I've had a chance to get the DVD I have to admit I was wrong. The Oz Comic Con DVD is now available that contains that panel with Chris Sabat & Paul Eiding. I asked Chris about Kai & on disc 2, 5 hours & 42 mins in Chris says, & I quote:

"We just signed... they just signed a contract for 69 more episodes of Kai that will continue throughout the rest of the Buu saga... so... that's a good thing for a lot of people... for me at least"

The DVD can be found on this site: http://shop.thehubproductions.com/produ ... 339-0.html

So there we go.

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Post by WesMan23 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Dizrythmia wrote:
WesMan23 wrote:I also remember something being posted that it would be 66 episodes long, though I would take it with a grain of salt.
That was me & now I've had a chance to get the DVD I have to admit I was wrong. The Oz Comic Con DVD is now available that contains that panel with Chris Sabat & Paul Eiding. I asked Chris about Kai & on disc 2, 5 hours & 42 mins in Chris says, & I quote:

"We just signed... they just signed a contract for 69 more episodes of Kai that will continue throughout the rest of the Buu saga... so... that's a good thing for a lot of people... for me at least"

The DVD can be found on this site: http://shop.thehubproductions.com/produ ... 339-0.html

So there we go.
Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification. So we have a total now of what seems to be 166 episodes, 167 if we count 98, the bonus episode. The original was something like 91 episodes, right? I think it ran from 200-291 if memory serves me correct. So, that eliminates 22 episodes, not quite a third of it. Doesn't seem like a whole lot, but that's just on paper. I guess we will see once we can get the final product.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChibiGoku » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Dizrythmia wrote:

So there we go.
Forgive me... for having to be the one to ask this, but could you please put up (at the very least) an audio clip of that part online? While I don't want to say you're lying, but the fact you're only quoting without even an audio reference and just linking to the DVD, has me suspicious. Forgive me if that seems rude, but I just want audible proof of this, that's all.

Dizrythmia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dizrythmia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:54 am

ChibiGoku wrote:
Dizrythmia wrote:

So there we go.
Forgive me... for having to be the one to ask this, but could you please put up (at the very least) an audio clip of that part online? While I don't want to say you're lying, but the fact you're only quoting without even an audio reference and just linking to the DVD, has me suspicious. Forgive me if that seems rude, but I just want audible proof of this, that's all.
Not exactly sure that would be within the rules of the forum, hence is why I tried to provide as much information as possible without breaking any copyright laws. If the mods tell me otherwise, sure I'll get a clip. I'll email it to Mike.