How much filler you think Boo Arc Kai will remove

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

How much filler you think Boo Arc Kai will remove

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 am

With the news of Kai Boo Arc being around 60 episodes. How much filler has disappeared? I for one think it could have been cut out but I don't mind 60. I think the Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight was not edited at all. The first portion of the Boo Arc Anime will not be edited because it's so different than the manga. THe Majin Vegeta vs Boo fight will be edited to some degree. The base Vegetto vs Boo fight will be shorten. Lastly I think Gohan vs Gotenks Boo will be filler-less.

sintzu
Banned

Re: How much filler you think Boo Arc Kai will remove

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:15 am

i hope they don't cut anything from the manga fights cause in the manga they were very very very short
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 am

Well the original Buu saga had 91 episodes excluding the Otherworld Tournament which had 5 episodes. They're making roughly 60 episodes so they are cutting around 31-36 episodes worth of content depending on whether they keep the Tournament.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:14 am

Some of the material post Vegeta's death will be cut like Chichi, Videl, and them searching for the Dragonballs, I can image material inside Boo's body, maybe the final battle, some Saiyaman material...off the top of my head.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

xXInfinite026Xx
Beyond Newbie

Post by xXInfinite026Xx » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:46 pm

DBZ Mick wrote:Some of the material post Vegeta's death will be cut like Chichi, Videl, and them searching for the Dragonballs, I can image material inside Boo's body, maybe the final battle, some Saiyaman material...off the top of my head.
Seems like a valid guess. Aside from most of the Saiyaman arc, I do recall many other filler moments like Buu and Babidi raiding a cake shop, cutaways to Kuririn and Yamcha hanging with Kaio in the afterlife, etc. I'm sure all of that will either be cut out or reduced greatly. I can see longer fights such as the Majin Vegeta vs Goku, or the Gotenks vs Buu fight being cut in half; consisting of about 3 episodes or so.
My YouTube Channel!
Payne222 wrote:The most overrated character in Dragon Ball is Sasuke. I mean, he can't even go Bankai. How's he gonna be King of the Pirates if he sucks that bad?

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm thinking they'll cut most, if not all, of Pure Boo's rampage searching for Goku and Vegeta.

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:17 am

xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
DBZ Mick wrote:Some of the material post Vegeta's death will be cut like Chichi, Videl, and them searching for the Dragonballs, I can image material inside Boo's body, maybe the final battle, some Saiyaman material...off the top of my head.
Seems like a valid guess. Aside from most of the Saiyaman arc, I do recall many other filler moments like Buu and Babidi raiding a cake shop, cutaways to Kuririn and Yamcha hanging with Kaio in the afterlife, etc. I'm sure all of that will either be cut out or reduced greatly. I can see longer fights such as the Majin Vegeta vs Goku, or the Gotenks vs Buu fight being cut in half; consisting of about 3 episodes or so.
Some good calls there I forgot about. I agree- I think the afterlife material with Kuririn and Yamucha with Kaio or ChiChi, Videl and Bulma with Dabura will be gone 100%. Same with the material in Hell with them watching the battle with Goku and Boo. They might have a little bit of all the good dead people watching the battle though- which I thought gave a sense of how important and universal it was.
I'm thinking they'll cut most, if not all, of Pure Boo's rampage searching for Goku and Vegeta.
Yeah, that'll likely be gone. I think that will be good though. I remember almost jumping when Boo just teleported straight off the bat to the Kaioshin world. It was just so sudden.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Is Buu Kai still a go for sure? I feel like it's been about a year since it was announced. There have been a few rumblings since then but nothing concrete... the consensus was that it would start to surface once Battle of Gods is released. That's been a few months now and no word. Are they now waiting for a worldwide release of BoG, since Buu Kai is targeted specifically to an international market?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 pm

CaBrPi wrote:I'm thinking they'll cut most, if not all, of Pure Boo's rampage searching for Goku and Vegeta.
Hope not, they should atleast do a some quick editing there, The final villain ravaging the universe in search for it's match? I'd say that's awesome.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Well, if they're gonna cut out the Other World Tournament, that's like 5 episodes right there. Then there's that small Great Saiya-Man arc where Gohan does stuff like go on a date and rescue a baby dinosaur. That's another 5 episodes, but they'll probably take some small scenes from those episodes...

Then the Tenka’ichi Budōkai starts and there's a bunch of filler there, like Gohan trying to hide from the cameras and Goten and Trunks just being kids. Then during the Boo arc, there's a ton of Mr.Satan filler stuff. And it's been mentioned but, that episode where Chi-Chi, Bulma and the others are looking for the DragonBalls. I can't really think of any more filler until Goku and Vegeta are fighting those "evil" versions of their friends inside Boo. Then there's that party at Bulma's place after the Boo arc. I'm sure there's small stuff here and there they'll cut but, it's been a while since I really watched it.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Well, if they're gonna cut out the Other World Tournament, that's like 5 episodes right there. Then there's that small Great Saiya-Man arc where Gohan does stuff like go on a date and rescue a baby dinosaur. That's another 5 episodes, but they'll probably take some small scenes from those episodes...

Then the Tenka’ichi Budōkai starts and there's a bunch of filler there, like Gohan trying to hide from the cameras and Goten and Trunks just being kids. Then during the Boo arc, there's a ton of Mr.Satan filler stuff. And it's been mentioned but, that episode where Chi-Chi, Bulma and the others are looking for the DragonBalls. I can't really think of any more filler until Goku and Vegeta are fighting those "evil" versions of their friends inside Boo. Then there's that party at Bulma's place after the Boo arc. I'm sure there's small stuff here and there they'll cut but, it's been a while since I really watched it.
I can see a episode similar to DBGT english dub episode 0. With explaining everything while Gohan is flying to school for the baseball ep.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:35 pm

As long as they leave the full Goku/Majin Vegeta fight in, I'm fine with them taking any of the rest of the filler out. That fight is awesome.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanos wrote:Is Buu Kai still a go for sure? I feel like it's been about a year since it was announced. There have been a few rumblings since then but nothing concrete... the consensus was that it would start to surface once Battle of Gods is released. That's been a few months now and no word. Are they now waiting for a worldwide release of BoG, since Buu Kai is targeted specifically to an international market?
It was never officially announced, actually. It's still happening, though. Actors' vague comments make that much clear.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:17 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:As long as they leave the full Goku/Majin Vegeta fight in, I'm fine with them taking any of the rest of the filler out. That fight is awesome.
I disagree. Most of the fight sequences on DBZ episode 230 are so underwhelming and unneeded. Kneeing each other's knees is one of the worst scenes in the series.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:18 am

kei17 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:As long as they leave the full Goku/Majin Vegeta fight in, I'm fine with them taking any of the rest of the filler out. That fight is awesome.
I disagree. Most of the fight sequences on DBZ episode 230 are so underwhelming and unneeded. Kneeing each other's knees is one of the worst scenes in the series.
REALLY! :o ! Majin Vegeta vs Goku was one if not the best fight in the series.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:20 am

kei17 wrote:
To each his own. I grant you that the kneeing sequence went on for a little too long. Still, for the most part, I really enjoyed that fight in the anime, much more so than in the manga.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
kei17 wrote:
REALLY! :o ! Majin Vegeta vs Goku was one if not the best fight in the series.
While I agree that the anime fight is better than the manga, IMO, it's nowhere near the best in the series. Goku and Vegeta's first fight alone is better in every aspect.

-DemonRin

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:that episode where Chi-Chi, Bulma and the others are looking for the DragonBalls.
I hope they don't cut all of this episode I'd actually like to see a kai dub of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osr8mfRoA1Y
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 pm

DBZ Mick wrote:
While I agree that the anime fight is better than the manga, IMO, it's nowhere near the best in the series. Goku and Vegeta's first fight alone is better in every aspect.
Hmm Interesting, care to elaborate? I'm sure you are correct, but I like you explain specifics on how the original fight is better than the majin buu saga fight.
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:34 pm

It just had so much more to it.

It had more stakes to it, it was a real fight to the death with the fate of the Earth at hand - Goku is completely broken by the end of it, Vegeta is a mangled mess, I think it was better structured- first the one on one fight between Goku and Vegeta, then everyone trying desperately to find a way to stop Oozaru Vegeta, then basically trying to make the best out of a hopeless situation.

-DemonRin