Kix to show the Android and Cell saga of Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Kix to show the Android and Cell saga of Kai

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 am

Amazing news UK fans! I checked the Kix website today and saw this

http://www.kixtv.co.uk/news-and-reviews/

They're finally showing it just when I was ready to give up hope :D. Fingers crossed it's still the Funimation dub.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: Kix to show the Android and Cell saga of Kai

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:37 am

90sDBZ wrote:Fingers crossed it's still the Funimation dub.
I'd have to assume it is, but on the other hand, if it switched to the Ocean dub around the Android/Artificial Human saga......well, if memory serves, the UK has some experience with that already.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:50 pm

90sDBZ wrote:Amazing news UK fans! I checked the Kix website today and saw this

They're finally showing it just when I was ready to give up hope :D. Fingers crossed it's still the Funimation dub.
http://www.kixtv.co.uk/news-and-reviews ... oming-soon

Yeah, according to the link it's to start on the 22nd, along with the Ocean dubbed cartoon Scan2Go. Here's hoping it's still the US dub as well.

Oh, and BTW this week Kix switched its AR to 16:9 to bring it in line with Pop & Popgirl who have made the switch already. Altough I'd reckon DBZ Kai will still be in its 4:3 AR.

On DBZ Kai, I postulate that we will have an advert showing us which dub will air within the week. I feel like its unlikely to change, and hopefully so, but the UK has an ass-backwards situation in regards to Dragonball and TV broadcast licensors which makes things uncertain.
Last edited by TestDemo on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fennekin
Not Banned

Post by Fennekin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:25 pm

As much as I'd like it to be the Ocean Dub, I'd rather see it from the beginning than halfway through the series.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:13 pm

TestDemo wrote:

Yeah, according to the link it's to start on the 22nd, along with the Ocean dubbed cartoon Scan2Go. Here's hoping it's still the US dub as well.

Oh, and BTW this week Kix switched its AR to 16:9 to bring it in line with Pop & Popgirl who have made the switch already. Altough I'd reckon DBZ Kai will still be in its 4:3 AR.

On DBZ Kai, I postulate that we will have an advert showing us which dub will air within the week. I feel like its unlikely to change, and hopefully so, but the UK has an ass-backwards situation in regards to Dragonball and TV broadcast licensors which makes things uncertain.
I just checked out Kix twitter and they said to watch Kix tomorrow for something awesome. I'm guessing it's either going to be an advert for Kai or Scan2Go. I'm really hoping they stick with Funi. After enduring the Westwood, Blue Water and Big Green dubs I can only pray Kix don't run into the same licencing problems Toonami did.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:28 am

90sDBZ wrote:
TestDemo wrote:

I just checked out Kix twitter and they said to watch Kix tomorrow for something awesome. I'm guessing it's either going to be an advert for Kai or Scan2Go. I'm really hoping they stick with Funi. After enduring the Westwood, Blue Water and Big Green dubs I can only pray Kix don't run into the same licencing problems Toonami did.
It's good news. The advert shown this moring confirms it's the Funi dub, you can hear Colleen Clinkenbeard's Gohan in the advert.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:27 am

Yeah it looks awesome :D. Finally some consistency for Dragonball in the UK :)

Solidus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Solidus » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:56 am

Well this is good news, looks like Kix! are happy with the ratings. I suppose this rules out a TV release for Ocean Kai in the UK. I wonder if Kix! will pick up the Buu arc straight away after it airs in the US or if we'll have to wait an extra year for it.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:05 pm

90sDBZ wrote:Yeah it looks awesome :D. Finally some consistency for Dragonball in the UK :)
Here's a copy of the advert for people who want to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTJ2TSrf ... e=youtu.be

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:54 pm

I've just seen the trailer for Kix's new channel on channel 629 on 22/07/2013. Which means there's room for 'double episodes' of Dragon Ball Z Kai in the Android Saga when broadcasting.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Oh cool! I can't wait for it to start. :)

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am

Unfortunately there's no new episode on so far today.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 am

TestDemo wrote:Unfortunately there's no new episode on so far today.
I know. They said it would start today at 12 but it's just the first episode again. They even had the advert for the new episodes right before it came on and updated their site with new pics of Cell. And from looking at their schedule it looks like they're continuing with the saiyan saga over the coming days. They've really dropped the ball on this one :(

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:21 am

90sDBZ wrote:
I know. They said it would start today at 12 but it's just the first episode again. They even had the advert for the new episodes right before it came on and updated their site with new pics of Cell. And from looking at their schedule it looks like they're continuing with the saiyan saga over the coming days. They've really dropped the ball on this one :(
Let's contact Kix and tell them to air the new episodes.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:39 am

TestDemo wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:
Let's contact Kix and tell them to air the new episodes.
I just emailed them asking when they'll air. Hopefully I get a reply soon.

Update: I just checked their Twitter page and they've apologised saying it was a technical error and the new episode will air at 8pm tonight. Better late than never!

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 pm

What with Kix building up a decent relationship with Toei (Kix are airing DBZ Kai, Digimon Data Squad, and Ultimate Muscle), this could mean Kix will air more anime, I hope Kix will shift its angle to a more anime-based channel, although if that happens I imagine it will still be aimed towards children, much like some of the other channels owned by CSC Media. Ultimately, I'd like them to air One Piece, but I doubt that would happen given the show's...turbulent history in the past with dubs and edits, although I'm sure most people would settle for a heavily edited Funimation dub. I'm also sure Kix would have the sense not to air the 4Kids dub given its negative reception.

Solidus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Solidus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Weejus wrote:What with Kix building up a decent relationship with Toei (Kix are airing DBZ Kai, Digimon Data Squad, and Ultimate Muscle), this could mean Kix will air more anime, I hope Kix will shift its angle to a more anime-based channel, although if that happens I imagine it will still be aimed towards children, much like some of the other channels owned by CSC Media. Ultimately, I'd like them to air One Piece, but I doubt that would happen given the show's...turbulent history in the past with dubs and edits, although I'm sure most people would settle for a heavily edited Funimation dub. I'm also sure Kix would have the sense not to air the 4Kids dub given its negative reception.
CSC Media do have an interest in Anime as they did once have their own dedicated anime channel, Anime Central. It showed Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop and others. I have to agree with you about them getting more anime and building a relationship with Toei. I doubt that they'd give Kix! the 4Kids dub of One Piece though, MangaUK got the Funi dub so I don't see why they'd give CSC Media anything different.

Also for anyone that's interested DBZ Kai has won two rounds (out of two) in Kix!'s Clash of the Champions against Yu-Gi-Oh GX and The Batman in that order.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:23 pm

I was actually thinking it'd be cool if Kix aired One Piece. It seems like the sort of anime they'd show. Hopefully they'd get the Funi dub although I'm not even sure an edited version of the early Funi eps exists. Maybe they could show 4kids and then switch to the edited Funi dub later.

On a side note DBZ Kai has won the Kix vote on Clash of the champions both times it's been available for voting so far beating both Yu-gi-oh GX and The Batman. And I'm also glad to see that Kix is handling the airing of the new eps much better than the old ones by showing 5 new eps a week and re-runs at weekends. It's how Toonami used to do it and makes it easier for new fans to get into the story.

Solidus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Solidus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I was actually thinking it'd be cool if Kix aired One Piece. It seems like the sort of anime they'd show. Hopefully they'd get the Funi dub although I'm not even sure an edited version of the early Funi eps exists. Maybe they could show 4kids and then switch to the edited Funi dub later.

On a side note DBZ Kai has won the Kix vote on Clash of the champions both times it's been available for voting so far beating both Yu-gi-oh GX and The Batman. And I'm also glad to see that Kix is handling the airing of the new eps much better than the old ones by showing 5 new eps a week and re-runs at weekends. It's how Toonami used to do it and makes it easier for new fans to get into the story.
Nice to see someone else noticing DBZ Kai winning those. I definitely agree with you that Kix! have a much better format for showing Kai now. The time slots throughout the day seem to be better too. I don't know if you noticed this but I saw one of the earlier episodes today during the Clash of the Champions and it seemed that the picture quality was improved on what it was at the start of the year. Do you think it got better or am I just seeing things?

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 am

Solidus wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:I was actually thinking it'd be cool if Kix aired One Piece. It seems like the sort of anime they'd show. Hopefully they'd get the Funi dub although I'm not even sure an edited version of the early Funi eps exists. Maybe they could show 4kids and then switch to the edited Funi dub later.

Nice to see someone else noticing DBZ Kai winning those. I definitely agree with you that Kix! have a much better format for showing Kai now. The time slots throughout the day seem to be better too. I don't know if you noticed this but I saw one of the earlier episodes today during the Clash of the Champions and it seemed that the picture quality was improved on what it was at the start of the year. Do you think it got better or am I just seeing things?
I think it has looked a bit better since Kix switched their AR to 16:9. I'm not sure though as I only updated to a HD TV a few weeks back so only got to watch the late Frieza re-runs on it before the change to 16:9.