Kix to show the Android and Cell saga of Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Re: Kix to show the Android and Cell saga of Kai

Post by The Monkey King » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:21 pm

The scene where Goku tapped Chi-Chi out of the window was removed :(

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 am

So Kix stopped at Cell absorbing 17. Hopefully they get the rest on soon. When the news eps first aired the Kix website strangely had some images of SS2 Gohan and Perfect Cell but they were quickly removed. Perhaps they've already licenced the rest of the Cell saga but are saving it for a later date.

On a side note I checked the Kix schedule for September and they're going to be airing Xmen Evolution as well as new episodes The Batman. This is great for me as I used to watch Xmen Evolution on Toonami back in the day. It's a show that the Ocean cast actually did a good job on. Kix really do seem to be becoming the new Toonami.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello

Good news UK DBZ Kai fans!

The Cell saga is due to start airing from October 1st.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:20 am

I've been checking the Kix! site and the Sky episode descriptions and they both still list old episodes. I really hope Kix don't screw up and show old eps again like last time when they showed episode 1 instead of 54. It's annoying because I've been checking it all week and can just see it happening from a mile away while Kix haven't bothered to update the episode descriptions which could result in old episodes getting shown by mistake again. On top of that there's been no further mention of new episodes on the Kix site and no promo other than the one about new stuff in October which just shows Goku, Tien and Yamcha about to fight the Cell Jrs. I'll be seriously annoyed if they screw up again but I guess we won't find out until 6:30 tonight.

Update: Well it's 6:30 and surprise surprise they're still showing old episodes :x. I wonder if this was another screw up or are they planning to complete the current run and progress into the new ones naturally. Either way I'm disappointed in them for handling this so badly and not making things clear. The way they screw about like this could hurt the ratings.
Last edited by 90sDBZ on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:33 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I've been checking the Kix! site and the Sky episode descriptions and they both still list old episodes. I really hope Kix don't screw up and show old eps again like last time when they showed episode 1 instead of 54. It's annoying because I've been checking it all week and can just see it happening from a mile away while Kix haven't bothered to update the episode descriptions which could result in old episodes getting shown by mistake again. On top of that there's been no further mention of new episodes on the Kix site and no promo other than the one about new stuff in October which just shows Goku, Tenshinhan and Yamcha about to fight the Cell Jrs. I'll be seriously annoyed if they screw up again but I guess we won't find out until 6:30 tonight.
Unfortunately it happened again. I did email them this afternoon after reading your post in an attempt to prevent this, but I guess my message fell on deaf ears.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:38 pm

TestDemo wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:I've been checking the Kix! site and the Sky episode descriptions and they both still list old episodes. I really hope Kix don't screw up and show old eps again like last time when they showed episode 1 instead of 54. It's annoying because I've been checking it all week and can just see it happening from a mile away while Kix haven't bothered to update the episode descriptions which could result in old episodes getting shown by mistake again. On top of that there's been no further mention of new episodes on the Kix site and no promo other than the one about new stuff in October which just shows Goku, Tenshinhan and Yamcha about to fight the Cell Jrs. I'll be seriously annoyed if they screw up again but I guess we won't find out until 6:30 tonight.
Unfortunately it happened again. I did email them this afternoon after reading your post in an attempt to prevent this, but I guess my message fell on deaf ears.
With any luck they'll realise their mistake soon. They really are bad at handling this sort of thing. There must be a serious lack of communication between the people in charge and the ones who put the episodes on the air. I'll try emailing them too.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:41 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
TestDemo wrote:
With any luck they'll realise their mistake soon. They really are bad at handling this sort of thing. There must be a serious lack of communication between the people in charge and the ones who put the episodes on the air. I'll try emailing them too.
I'll email them once again. I am thinking that the more emails they recieve then they will pay attention.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Would really like to know what's going on with the UK broadcast of DBZ Kai, just checked the listings and it seems there won't be any new episodes this month, despite being advertised as starting in October, the series is set to reume at 54 once they get to ep 75 again, although the listings could be wrong. If you want new DBZ Kai in the UK, maybe we need to email Kix en masse?

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:18 pm

I've emailed them about a dozen times but no response. The only good sign is that there hasn't been an individual promo for it yet and it hasn't been mentioned on the Kix site or their twitter page even though the other new shows were so I'm guessing it isn't a mistake. Hopefully they show it after the current run and they just need to update the listings.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:59 am

Good news. Kix replied to me and said the new series will start in half term.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:40 am

For the new series I'll just watch it as it airs. I tried to record the whole of Kix's season 3 broadcasts but Sky+ is a bitch and got all the episodes in a random order, plus Kix decided to remove the episode titles from the synopses which made working out the order much more difficult. Hopefully they'll correct such a mistake this time around.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:47 pm

I checked the schedule and they are going to show the "extra" episode with Trunks killing the Androids and Cell in his own time. Hopefully they'll get the Buu saga when it's released.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:24 am

90sDBZ wrote:I checked the schedule and they are going to show the "extra" episode with Trunks killing the Androids and Cell in his own time. Hopefully they'll get the Buu saga when it's released.
What do you think the chances are of them re-airing Kai from the Saiyan arc after they've aired the Cell Games arc a few times? I mean they'll have to do something to pass the time until Kai Buu is released, and I doubt they'll want to stop airing Dragon Ball media as it's been a success for them.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:26 am

Weejus wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:I checked the schedule and they are going to show the "extra" episode with Trunks killing the Androids and Cell in his own time. Hopefully they'll get the Buu saga when it's released.
What do you think the chances are of them re-airing Kai from the Saiyan arc after they've aired the Cell Games arc a few times? I mean they'll have to do something to pass the time until Kai Buu is released, and I doubt they'll want to stop airing Dragon Ball media as it's been a success for them.
They're actually starting again from the Saiyan saga as soon as the new eps finish.