What do you look foward to the most from the Buu Arc of Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: What do you look foward to the most from the Buu Arc of

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:35 am

Blade wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how exactly they deal with the 'Mystic' Gohan fight and Buu's absorptions, given that if they're going to stick closely to the manga - it'll all be over in one episode! I think that the anime for this portion of the story was just about right in terms of pacing, but the source material itself was just chaoatic. Perhaps they will handle it very similar to how they handled Z, and keep in a lot of the filler.
I actually hope it does end in one episode. The whole Mystic Gohan and Super Vegetto stuff was boring as it ended up being mostly pointless and one-sided.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:47 am

Kid Buu wrote:
Blade wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how exactly they deal with the 'Mystic' Gohan fight and Buu's absorptions, given that if they're going to stick closely to the manga - it'll all be over in one episode! I think that the anime for this portion of the story was just about right in terms of pacing, but the source material itself was just chaoatic. Perhaps they will handle it very similar to how they handled Z, and keep in a lot of the filler.
I actually hope it does end in one episode. The whole Mystic Gohan and Super Vegetto stuff was boring as it ended up being mostly pointless and one-sided.
Really? That'd be one near-incomprehensible episode.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:04 am

I really dislike Mystic Gohan and Super Vegetto's role in that arc so the faster it goes by, the better.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:13 am

2 to 3 episodes sounds perfectly fine.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:18 am

TheAldella wrote:2 to 3 episodes sounds perfectly fine.
It'd make more sense than one, at least. Personal preferences about the story content aside, I just can't see how those chapters could work as an animation unless padded out a little for intelligibility.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:29 am

I look forward to being able to pretend Z awful filler never existed.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:39 am

If Dabra is indeed getting a new voice actor, id love to see Jamieson Price land the role. He did Lord Genome/Spiral King from Gurren Lagann, Lubu from Dynasty Warriors, and Algol from Soul Calibur.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Price is based in California. FUNimation has rarely gone out of their Texas talent pool, and when they do it's for higher-profile stuff(as "high profile" as literally any anime could be called) and branding. I don't think a relatively minor character in DBZ would qualify.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

xXInfinite026Xx
Beyond Newbie

Post by xXInfinite026Xx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:59 pm

This was just a random thought that occurred to me, but it would be nice to have a new FUNimation voice for Killah that we can actually understand this time around, as opposed to Dameon Clarke's (somewhat offensive) garble.
My YouTube Channel!
Payne222 wrote:The most overrated character in Dragon Ball is Sasuke. I mean, he can't even go Bankai. How's he gonna be King of the Pirates if he sucks that bad?

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystic Buu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Well,i look forward to fusions,especially with Vegito.And new music perhaps.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:01 am

I don't know if I look forward to it or not, but I expect it: I won't be surprised if when saying "10 years later" for the epilogue, they throw in a few shots of Battle of Gods to state that they were battles in between (and perhaps the 2008 special, but it's less likely).

Much like they inserted Beerus and Whis in the One Piece crossover, they'll take a chance to subtly remind people "don't forget that there is an extra adventure that officially truly happens in the story you're watching, you're missing a chapter if you don't own DVD / Blu-ray".

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:02 am

I don't know if we'll get it, but I look forward to recasting Trunks, Fat Buu, and Super Buu.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:46 am

ABED wrote:I don't know if we'll get it, but I look forward to recasting Trunks ... Super Buu.
Ha! I wish!

... Wait, you are probably talking about Laura Bailey's Trunks. That I don't wish. And I doubt they'll recast her. She lives in California now, but she managed to perform roles in Soul Eater and possibly One Piece there...
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:05 pm

I don't like her Trunks, it's too raspy, too forced, and doesn't sound cute or funny. Laura Bailey is talented, but Trunks isn't one of her shinning performances.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Oh damn, I just thought of something to look out for: Tenakichi Budokai! Any chance of them using that? Or did they shy away from it the scant amount of times it's brought up before the Buu arc?

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:55 pm

I'm looking forward to a final battle that doesn't take a whole season.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Hm...If it ends up being 4 parts in the end, then each composer will have 4 DVDs. Kinda neat.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the Great Saiyaman stuff, seeing as how it was quite different from the manga. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the dub handles the fat Majin Buu. I'm hoping the recent video games aren't any indication because his character hasn't changed at all. I haven't seen/heard anything on how he's treated in Battle of Z, though. I'm hoping most of the VA's from the original dub that haven't already been replaced return. This arc is where I first got into the series back in middle school and I'm pretty fond of most of the voices. If Duncan Brannan is replaced as Babidi I'll be very :evil: . I just heard another VA's take on him in Raging Blast last night...yikes :thumbdown: .

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm also looking forward to it finally being officially announced.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:56 pm

I wonder how they'll re-cut the fight against little Buu at the end. The anime really took that whole thing to the operating room.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Come to think of it; NickToons promos!
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -