Yamamoto Score Question

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Morgil

Re: Yamamoto Score Question

Post by Morgil » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:47 pm

I always here everyone talk about his work on Kai, the video games, and the movies, but did Yamamoto ever do anything besides DragonBall projects? And were they obviously plagiarized, too?
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:09 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 (Kikuchi score):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MuUAbizGgo

And what the hell is going on with ''Yamato Animation'' in almost every DragonBall video on YouTube?
They used this BGM so many times during the series it broke the point of what this specific moment is trying to gather; tension, suspense and emotions.

Even the previous BGM used on the temporary Japanese Kai TV placement was somewhat better (the track was called "Gohan" something).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 am

After viewing Kai with the Yamamoto score up to episode 87 I have to say that I can't go back to the old score anymore. I had said earlier that the Kikuchi score wasn't actually that bad but...I just prefer the Yamamoto score so much more at this point that the Kikuchi score does indeed hamper the Kai experience.

It's a shame that things had to play out the way they did with Yamamoto, and that he had to have made the moves he did in regards to the music he ripped off. I'm really excited for the new composer to step on board for the Buu arc though. Hopefully it will let me forget about Yamamoto and all those nasty issues.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.