The International Version of the Buu-Kai Arc

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Re: The International (/Korean) Version of the Buu-Kai Arc

Post by DongHyun » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:28 am

Korean Version

OP "Fight it out"
ED "Never give up"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:31 am

So Korea doesn't have the same opening or that's the name in English? BTW guys thank my cousin for news of no green tint and 16:9 for Korean version
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:33 am

TheGmGoken wrote:So Korea doesn't have the same opening or that's the name in English? BTW guys thank my cousin for news of no green tint and 16:3 for Korean version
korea doesn't have the same opening

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:36 am

DongHyun wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:So Korea doesn't have the same opening or that's the name in English? BTW guys thank my cousin for news of no green tint and 16:3 for Korean version
korea doesn't have the same opening
Son of a bitch.
No dub of the opening
No fucking 4:3 international going by Korea
Least the tint is Gone

BTW are you Korean too :)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am

What a strange turn of events. Japan gets a new Opening from Tanimoto and the international release gets an Opening from a completely different vocalist? I can hear Mike typing away furiously on a new Feature right now.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:40 am

DongHyun wrote:*snip*

Korean Version

OP "Fight it out"
ED "Never give up"
I've just found the same info during searching around Korean websites and was about to post it. :eh:

Anyway, here's the sources:
http://blog.naver.com/bardock12/220016228541
http://blog.naver.com/bardock12/220016249169
Last edited by kei17 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:44 am

This is weird. Is it just cause Korea got it early? Will others who got it later got the right opening? Is there even a fucking 4:3 of Dbz Kai Boo arc!?

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:51 am

Ok, this is unexpected. I was expecting them to recycle Dragon Soul and Yeah! Break! Care! Break! or something, but this leaves us even more questions. Different songs, by a different Japanese artist? This makes even less sense.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:14 pm

So, just as I thought, these shots from trailers must be from the opening to the international version.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Aw, man.....but I really like the Japanese Kai themes. At least they're not recycled, but I thought we were beyond replacing theme songs for foreign versions in 2014 (well, Pokemon aside).

"This sucks. Make more."

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:I thought we were beyond replacing theme songs for foreign versions in 2014 (well, Pokemon aside).
The actual "replacement theme song" is the Japanese one in this case, though. Toei first created Fight it out, and they replaced it with Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go specifically for the Japanese broadcast. Fight it out is the original theme song no matter what the Japanese version gets.

The very reason why we got Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go is that Columbia Japan want to sell their own CDs. From what I know, in the TV anime industry, songs and scores are always provided by record companies for free and anime studios never pay for them. Record companies advertise their music by letting anime shows use it, then they sell CDs. This is how anime music usually works. This time Toei, however, must have produced the Buu arc without Columbia's involvement and produced the score and songs themselves. Columbia still wanted to milk DB, so they newly produced the opening song and arranged tie-ins. They didn't go far enough to alternate the score probably because it was too late or maybe due to the Yamamoto incident.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:59 pm

So I guess the question now is... was absolutely anything close to a reasonable budget spent on producing these new songs? Have Hiroshi Yamada, Yo Yamazaki, or Masatoshi Ono been involved with DB before? Is every other country getting the same song(s)?

Does "clusterfuck" even come close to describing Kai anymore? What's bigger than a cluster? A "macrocosmfuck"?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Columbia's decision makes sense. The turn of events is still really surreal, though. I wonder if the key animators for the Opening and Ending are credited for Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapters?
She/Her
bisexual milf

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:02 pm

B wrote:So I guess the question now is... was absolutely anything close to a reasonable budget spent on producing these new songs? Have Hiroshi Yamada, Yo Yamazaki, or Masatoshi Ono been involved with DB before? Is every other country getting the same song(s)?

Does "clusterfuck" even come close to describing Kai anymore? What's bigger than a cluster? A "macrocosmfuck"?
I'm pretty sure Yo Yamazaki did Ginyu Tokuesantai.

So, does anyone have any footage from this Korean version? Are these theme songs dubbed or left in Japanese or what?

"This sucks. Make more."

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:07 pm

DongHyun gave me a video clip of the Korean dub, and here's bad news for kenisu3000; The music placement is vastly different than that in the Japanese version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_cIzMfKM0Y

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:09 pm

kei17 wrote:DongHyun gave me a video clip of the Korean dub, and here's bad news for kenisu3000; The music placement is vastly different than that in the Japanese version.

I'm betting Nagasaki did The Final Chapters himself. His Tweet to you sort of implied there was an issue previously that prevented him from working on the music placement, I'm betting the creation of the Fuji TV cut is it.
She/Her
bisexual milf

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm

kei17 wrote:DongHyun gave me a video clip of the Korean dub, and here's bad news for kenisu3000; The music placement is vastly different than that in the Japanese version.

That's not the bad news. We need Champ Dub Z Gohan back. This Gohan sucks. So my cousin was Right. Its 16:9. Bummer oh well. Damn its dark.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Wow. So the score placement is different. At first I thought that "Fight It Out" was just an alternative English title for "Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go." So am I understanding it correctly now that it is, in fact, a different song entirely? If so, is it possible that someone could provide a clip?

Oh, Good Lord.............I can't even......I mean, I don't even know what to say. How disorganized was the production of this show!?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:22 pm

B wrote:Does "clusterfuck" even come close to describing Kai anymore? What's bigger than a cluster? A "macrocosmfuck"?
I describe it as "the most confusing anime Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go" (kuuzenzetsugo means "of all time").
TheBlackPaladin wrote:At first I thought that "Fight It Out" was just an alternative English title for "Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go." So am I understanding it correctly now that it is, in fact, a different song entirely?
It's a completely different song with the different songwriter, composer, and singer.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:24 pm

kei17 wrote:
B wrote:Does "clusterfuck" even come close to describing Kai anymore? What's bigger than a cluster? A "macrocosmfuck"?
I describe it as "the most confusing anime Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go" (kuuzenzetsugo means "of all time").
How am I gonna explain to this to anyone else? This whole thing's a big mess. Biggest mess of all messes. Now, I understand why Funimation didn't want to confirm anything else. They don't know what the Hell is going on, either. :lol:

"This sucks. Make more."