Do you think FUNi will release Z Kai Part 9 or Season 5?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PhoenixEX
Regular

Do you think FUNi will release Z Kai Part 9 or Season 5?

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:06 am

Will they release a Part 9 or just jump straight into the Season 5 set?
What do you guys think?
One World. 🌐 πŸ•Š

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Do you think FUNi will release Z Kai Part 9 or Season 5?

Post by Gonstead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 am

Most likely Parts releases. Then later on do Season sets like last time.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:17 am

They probably won't call it Part 9 anyway, since The Final Chapters is being marketed as a separate series.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:03 am

I figure they'll do Parts first as well. They'll probably make more money that way, and it's rare for full seasons to be the first thing released for an anime rather than some sort of smaller release coming first.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:19 am

It's pretty much guaranteed that they will do Parts first followed by Seasons later. The real question is whether or not it will start over at Part 1, Episode 1, or if they will continue with Part 9, Episode 99.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 am

Well I'm going to start collecting the Kai series on Bluray but I'm debating whether to collect the Parts or the Season Sets. Any advice? I know that the first 4 "Parts" have a different score than the last 4 (Kikuchi), and that the Season Sets have Kikuchi for all. I love consistency, but considering the fact that Part 9- will have a third score, I wouldn't mind if I collected Parts 1-8 with the first 4 having a different score than the last 4 especially since I love Yamamoto's score. However, collecting the Season Sets will probably end up costing less than finding all 8 Parts. But still, Yamamoto......
One World. 🌐 πŸ•Š

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:34 am

PhoenixEX wrote:Well I'm going to start collecting the Kai series on Bluray but I'm debating whether to collect the Parts or the Season Sets. Any advice? I know that the first 4 "Parts" have a different score than the last 4 (Kikuchi), and that the Season Sets have Kikuchi for all. I love consistency, but considering the fact that Part 9- will have a third score, I wouldn't mind if I collected Parts 1-8 with the first 4 having a different score than the last 4 especially since I love Yamamoto's score. However, collecting the Season Sets will probably end up costing less than finding all 8 Parts. But still, Yamamoto......
Well, like I said, The Final Chapters is a different series that is actually resetting from Episode 1 from what I heard. Parts 1-4 are a bit pricey. Personally, I'm going for the Season Sets since they're the definitive release. Besides, it's the Yamamoto episodes that are circulating online. You can't even find clips of the Kikuchi score for Episodes 1-52 anywhere.

"This sucks. Make more."

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:
PhoenixEX wrote:Well I'm going to start collecting the Kai series on Bluray but I'm debating whether to collect the Parts or the Season Sets. Any advice? I know that the first 4 "Parts" have a different score than the last 4 (Kikuchi), and that the Season Sets have Kikuchi for all. I love consistency, but considering the fact that Part 9- will have a third score, I wouldn't mind if I collected Parts 1-8 with the first 4 having a different score than the last 4 especially since I love Yamamoto's score. However, collecting the Season Sets will probably end up costing less than finding all 8 Parts. But still, Yamamoto......
Well, like I said, The Final Chapters is a different series that is actually resetting from Episode 1 from what I heard. Parts 1-4 are a bit pricey. Personally, I'm going for the Season Sets since they're the definitive release. Besides, it's the Yamamoto episodes that are circulating online. You can't even find clips of the Kikuchi score for Episodes 1-52 anywhere.
Has that been confirmed though? I know that the Japanese Bluray Boxes are starting from Box Set #1, but if I remember correctly, the Android Arc also started from Box Set #1.
I'm almost certain that "The Final Chapters" (Note: this is UK only so far I believe) will get a "Part 9", later followed by a "Season 5" in North America.

Also, I think I'll just go with the Part Sets since my love for Yamamoto's score outweighs the consistency of the Season Sets. I may have to fork over more cash in the end but, heh, it'll be worth it. I never truly enjoyed Kikuchi's score (albeit a few tracks).
Last edited by PhoenixEX on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One World. 🌐 πŸ•Š

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:38 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Has that been confirmed though? I know that the Japanese Bluray Boxes are starting from Box Set #1, but if I remember correctly, the Android Arc also started from Box Set #1.
I'm almost certain that "The Final Chapters" (Note: this is UK only so far I believe) will get a "Part 9: later followed by a "Season 5" in North America.
Not confirmed, exactly, but it would seem to be leaning towards this direction. What the Japanese version does doesn't matter, however. They're doing their own thing.

"This sucks. Make more."

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:
PhoenixEX wrote: Has that been confirmed though? I know that the Japanese Bluray Boxes are starting from Box Set #1, but if I remember correctly, the Android Arc also started from Box Set #1.
I'm almost certain that "The Final Chapters" (Note: this is UK only so far I believe) will get a "Part 9: later followed by a "Season 5" in North America.
Not confirmed, exactly, but it would seem to be leaning towards this direction. What the Japanese version does doesn't matter, however. They're doing their own thing.
Well, out of curiosity, how exactly is it "leaning towards this direction"?
One World. 🌐 πŸ•Š

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 pm

I'm going by what I've heard in the International Kai thread. Can't remember who said it.

"This sucks. Make more."

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Ah. Well I decided to just go with the Season Sets because knowing FUNimation, there's at least going to be 6 more parts equaling 14 Sets to collect...versus the potential +3 Season Sets equaling 7.
I guess the cheaper road wins in the end.
One World. 🌐 πŸ•Š

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Yeah, definitely going with the Season Sets all the way, regardless of how they number them. First, I have to figure out how to do tell the difference between Yamamoto and Kikuchi Season 1. And, I hope they do something with the original series, too.

"This sucks. Make more."

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:17 pm

The original series? Hmm I doubt it. If I remember correctly, Japan wanted to cancel Kai because it wasn't bringing in the numbers they wanted near the end of its original run. But, because of it's success in the international market, they decided to bite the bullet and produce Kai Buu Saga for us. Originally I believe they weren't even going to air the Kai Buu Saga on TV, but then they changed their minds and decided to just air it (edited for some reason) for reasons that I do not know. I believe it has to do with keeping DBZ exposure alive constantly through the TV in order to better market the new DBZ films that have been releasing (BoG + 2015)...and Toriko was probably doing not so hot :P
One World. 🌐 πŸ•Š

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Yes, what you said is true. It's edited to fit a year's time slot. Therefore, it's really just wishful thinking taken to the extreme. I'll eat my hat with mustard if it happens. The only smidget of hope is the Pilaf trio's recent return perhaps raising interest in it.

EDIT: Oh, joy. 666 posts. :twisted:
Last edited by Valerius Dover on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"This sucks. Make more."

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:24 pm

"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - Part One".

Calling it right now...
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:11 am

Well if you haven't noticed, it's become FUNimation's standard practice to release little pieces of a series, then a collection or a "season set" later. They did it with One Piece, Toriko, and a few other anime's.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:51 am

By now, Funimation has probably reprinted the Kai Parts without the Yamamoto score. They most likely can't legally sell anything with Yamamoto on it once the Japanese rights-holders found out about his plagiarism. You'll have to track down secondhand copies of the Parts if you want Kai with its the original music.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:35 am

ParkerAL wrote:By now, Funimation has probably reprinted the Kai Parts without the Yamamoto score. They most likely can't legally sell anything with Yamamoto on it once the Japanese rights-holders found out about his plagiarism. You'll have to track down secondhand copies of the Parts if you want Kai with its the original music.
The parts were replaced by the seasons, which means they're now out of print. All copies of the parts 1-4 have Yamamoto.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 am

SaiyamanMS wrote:
ParkerAL wrote:By now, Funimation has probably reprinted the Kai Parts without the Yamamoto score. They most likely can't legally sell anything with Yamamoto on it once the Japanese rights-holders found out about his plagiarism. You'll have to track down secondhand copies of the Parts if you want Kai with its the original music.
The parts were replaced by the seasons, which means they're now out of print. All copies of the parts 1-4 have Yamamoto.
Unless it happens to be the Madman version for part 4.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)