DBZ Kai gets "simulcasted"!

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

DBZ Kai gets "simulcasted"!

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Okay, this was posted in the international thread, but I think it also deserves an own thread as information could get lost there. Speculate for all it's worth: will the Japanese version be 100% the same as the "international" version from now on? Credits goes to TheRed259 for spotting it.

Source:
http://www.toei-animation.com/fr/conten ... mulcast_vf

http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1446
Après la diffusion en simultané de One Piece, J-ONE a acquis les droits TV pour Dragon Ball Z Kai.

Diffusé au Japon tous les dimanches matin sur Fuji TV, l'épisode sera sur J-ONE le lendemain, tous les lundis à 18h30 à partir du 13 Octobre, en version française.

Le 5 octobre aura lieu une soirée spéciale pour fêter à la fois le lancement de ce simulcast et le premier anniversaire de la châine avec la diffusion des épisodes 30 à 33. Le 33 étant l'épisode diffusé le jour même au Japon !
TUESDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 2014

Following the simulcast of One Piece, the French TV cable channel J-ONE acquired the TV rights for Dragon Ball Z Kai simulcast.

Broadcast in Japan every Sunday morning on Fuji TV , the episode will be on J-ONE the day after, every Monday at 6.30pm starting on October 13th.

October 5 will be a special evening to celebrate both the launch of the simulcast and the first anniversary of the TV channel with the broadcast of episodes 30 to 33; 33 being the episode aired the same day in Japan!
Last edited by sangofe on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: DBZ Kai gets "simulcasted"!

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Well, as posted by TheRed952, the news from the same site is also available directly in English! :wink:

http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1446

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:50 pm

A spin-off thread of a spin-off thread. Awesome! :D

So, I think I'll direct my question here instead. Even with the 7 episode difference, I don't think it could be the same from this point on. There's presumably around 20 episodes' difference total. That should leave about 13 episodes worth left.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 pm

^ Already answered that on the other thread, so I'm not going to repeat it here not to waste space.

(I feel like something has to be decided: the discussion about the French simulcast and its meaning/consequences on both Kai versions from now on should either belong here in its own thread, or belong to the general thread about the international version as a whole.
Because right now, it's confusing when questions/answers about it appear randomly on either of those threads, with the continued discussion seemingly bouncing from one topic to the other.)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:12 am

Lol, I must've been awfully tired (which I was) to miss that already english published news... And I posted an own thread because I didn't want this news to slip under the radar of Mister Ex. Knowing his love for Kai (sarcasm) this rather significant news could've slipped off his radar, I think. This is why I chose to make an own thread.
Cold Skin wrote:^ Already answered that on the other thread, so I'm not going to repeat it here not to waste space.

(I feel like something has to be decided: the discussion about the French simulcast and its meaning/consequences on both Kai versions from now on should either belong here in its own thread, or belong to the general thread about the international version as a whole.
Because right now, it's confusing when questions/answers about it appear randomly on either of those threads, with the continued discussion seemingly bouncing from one topic to the other.)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:51 am

^ Hmm, I think Mike is pretty much aware of every post, since he's pretty much condemned to read any post to check if the content is okay.

Anyway, that simulcast is still something I would have never expected, or if it was to happen someday with any production, I would have thought that it would be a partnership with the US (sort of like what happened with the color chapters).
Not complaining about it though, but it's just weird that the US wouldn't jump on the bandwagon. That being said, we don't know if the US dub is actually far enough in the plot to catch up with the Japanese broadcast right now.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Cold Skin wrote:^ Hmm, I think Mike is pretty much aware of every post, since he's pretty much condemned to read any post to check if the content is okay.

Anyway, that simulcast is still something I would have never expected, or if it was to happen someday with any production, I would have thought that it would be a partnership with the US (sort of like what happened with the color chapters).
Not complaining about it though, but it's just weird that the US wouldn't jump on the bandwagon. That being said, we don't know if the US dub is actually far enough in the plot to catch up with the Japanese broadcast right now.
I agree! Given Toei's relationship with FUNimation, and the fact that we were the first country to get a dub of Kai, I thought for sure that if any simulcast deal was secured that it would be with the U.S. I'm not complaining, of course, as I'm sure there are any number of understandable reasons why the FUNimation dub hasn't aired yet, but we're usually the first country to start deals like this. It's very odd that we're suddenly falling behind.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm aware. Just haven't gotten to it yet, and you know how much surrounding context we like to give with our news posts. But thanks :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::