"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Re: Funimation Buu release guess?

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Anime Expo is next weekend, I won't hold my breath, but they are holding a "Resurrection F" Red Carpet premiere event for the dub.
Sean Schemmel and Christopher Sabat are there, and there's also a "Resurrection F" panel, too. Please, FUNi, announce Kai. That weekend would be perfect, as it's the same weekend as Super debuts.
They have to do it. It's the perfect opportunity. Resurrection F premiere, Super airs in Japan, and a announcement of the final arc of Kai. If Funimation doesn't annouce it, then The Final Chapters will be pushed back to 2016, which is a damn shame.
Forget about the Kai broadcast. If they do it before Super starts,- which they shouldn't as the hype will be watered down by Super- they should broadcast like 2 episodes a day, and finish in two months.

But if they would like to keep their releases as close to trends as possible, they should simply release the entire thing in one - or two- sets.

Late summer, within the weeks after RoF releases: Kai 2.0 Blu ray, episodes 99-134. Possibly broadcast on Nicktoons, to maintain continuity for the kids.

Super, if not having a simulcast, English-language Broadcast on Toonami. late August-early October.

Fall, late October-early December - Kai 2.0 Blu-ray until FINISH.

October 2016 - Kai finishes on Nicktoons. Edited Super begins, runs slightly faster than the Toonami run.

Late 2017 - Super ends, assuming a close English language release schedule. Kai begins running uncut on Toonami - is this a stretch?

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:12 pm

^We already know Funimation's release schedule for September, and that certainly doesn't include Kai, so this isn't the case at all.

I also really don't think they'd have a dub of Super prepared as early as August. There's no way they could keep up with a schedule like that.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Surely, FUNi have to announce it shortly. Here's something that is interesting. Now, the French Blu-Ray release of "The Final Chapters" contained this character art of Goku - which was produced by Toei specifically for this series - seen below:

Now, below is an image taken from FUNi's "Dragon Ball Z" Accelerator event held at SXSW - where they announced "F"

That Goku, is without a doubt the exact same one that Toei have produced for the publisher to use for Kai: "The Final Chapters", so I do believe they are preparing for it, and have probably planned to hold off announcing it until their "F" dub had premiered - which it will next weekend.

These kinds of images are issued in a "Style book" which Toei provide to the publisher - member Tanooki Kuribo created a topic about it here:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... romotional

It will be coming this year - I'm sure of it, and everything points to Anime Expo.
Last edited by DBZ_Lee on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Let's just hope they announce it next weekend. Fingers crossed.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:31 pm

You're right, Lee! I gotta have more faith in Funi! :)

I agree with you that the signs seem to point in that direction, and that it would be perfect to announce it then! That is going to be one AMAZING weekend for everybody! :D

"This sucks. Make more."

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:56 pm

I sure hope FUNi announces it by Anime Expo. Perhaps fans were correct and they've been "encouraged" by Toei to wait until the Japanese broadcast ends before saying anything.

It needs to be soon, though. Like, "now" soon. In two weeks, all eyes will be on Super. Kai will have reached the point of complete irrelevancy. The chance will be gone (if it isn't already).
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 pm

MagicBox wrote:I sure hope FUNi announces it by Anime Expo. Perhaps fans were correct and they've been "encouraged" by Toei to wait until the Japanese broadcast ends before saying anything.

It needs to be soon, though. Like, "now" soon. In two weeks, all eyes will be on Super. Kai will have reached the point of complete irrelevancy. The chance will be gone (if it isn't already).
Well, why would Toei make them wait this long while the companies in France and Korea were able to do this ages ago?

"This sucks. Make more."

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:29 am

I have no clue. Like I said in my post, we have no idea if that's even true or not. It's one of many things fans have pondered to try and justify the long wait.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:17 am

Valerius Dover wrote:
MagicBox wrote:I sure hope FUNi announces it by Anime Expo. Perhaps fans were correct and they've been "encouraged" by Toei to wait until the Japanese broadcast ends before saying anything.

Well, why would Toei make them wait this long while the companies in France and Korea were able to do this ages ago?
For France it is becuase they're region B so they won't have to worry about people importing in Japan. Not sure what the region code for Korea is. But it is probably easier to import stuff from America I suspect.

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:52 pm

So anime expo obviously started. If we are going to hear news, when exactly are we expecting?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:59 pm

ShaneisMC wrote:So anime expo obviously started. If we are going to hear news, when exactly are we expecting?
According to the convention's schedule, FUNimation's main industry panel is Friday, July 3 at 3:15 p.m. western time.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:42 pm

If they don't announce it then it's more then likely delayed to 2016 but hopefully that won't be the case and they'll announce the 1st for September or October of this year.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:50 pm

sintzu wrote:If they don't announce it then it's more then likely delayed to 2016 but hopefully that won't be the case and they'll announce the 1st for September or October of this year.
They just have to announce it this weekend. I really hope Funimation isn't waiting for some kind of a TV-deal. Like why should they even care at this point. DBZ Kai is just DBZ recut. It's not new content. It's not even new animation, so why the hold up? We've seen DBZ a thousand times already, played it a million times, read it a billion times. Just release it. And season sets would be the way to go. I don't want to wait 3+ months for every 12/13 episodes. Just release it in 3 seasons and be done with it and move on with Super.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Surely, they have to start getting this out before the end of the year. I have no idea why they are being so slow with it, get it out.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:Just release it in 3 seasons and be done with it and move on with Super.
They'll probably have to wait for Super to reach a certain point before they release it so chances are they'll release Kai in parts then start with Super.

Viz did their part by giving us more volumes now hopefully Funi does their by announcing more Kai.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:I really hope Funimation isn't waiting for some kind of a TV-deal. Like why should they even care at this point. DBZ Kai is just DBZ recut. It's not new content. It's not even new animation, so why the hold up?
Toei, potentially.

I've heard of anime getting licensed with contractual stipulations from the original studio saying that the series needs to get on TV. Of course, I don't know that that's necessarily the case here, but it is a possibility. It would be unfortunate if that's the case, because there aren't a ton of TV networks interested in anime nowadays. Heck, rumors are going around that this could very well be the exact reason that we haven't seen the Ocean dub of Kai either...a TV network is needed, but none are interested.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:07 am

They were probably waiting to finalize their distribution deal with Universal.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ent/.89621
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Please, FUNi, announce Kai today. Their industry panel begins shortly, and is two hours long.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:51 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:Please, FUNi, announce Kai today. Their industry panel begins shortly, and is two hours long.
I'm with you, man. If there is a time to announce Kai, it is now. With all the hype of Super and Resurrection F, the announcement of The Final Chapters would be just absolutely perfect.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:06 pm

If they don't announce it today, then I have no idea what they are waiting for. The timing from a marketing point of view is perfect.
Not to mention the fact it is the biggest anime event in NA.