"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Re: Funimation Buu release guess?

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:35 pm

sintzu wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... con/.92575

Hopefully they'll announce it here alongside Super's English dub.
They have to do it. I'm sure that Funimation already knows that they dropped the ball with this, and since they now also have Super to deal with, they probably want to get Kai out as quickly as possible.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Cancelling it would be silly, it's apparently already partially dubbed. If they didn't want to oversaturate the market they could just release it digitally, or finally start streaming Kai. Either way the thing's bound to make some sort of money, I just think it's a timing thing or it's not done yet.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:

They have to do it. I'm sure that Funimation already knows that they dropped the ball with this, and since they now also have Super to deal with, they probably want to get Kai out as quickly as possible.
I don't think they will be announcing their dub of Super here. It's simply the same as their "15 years of DBZ" events they hosted this Summer.
Though it's only a couple of weeks before "F" gets it's home video release, so Kai may be announced, but I doubt it.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm honestly surprised they haven't announced anything official regarding Kai's Buu arc yet. Then again, it's only September. We might still hear something by the end of December. They must be waiting for a TV deal before formally announcing... most likely once the Cell arc of Kai wraps on Toonami.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:30 pm

December releases have dropped and no Kai barring a late solicit it looks like it's going to be 2016. God knows when we're going to get Super.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:December releases have dropped and no Kai barring a late solicit it looks like it's going to be 2016. God knows when we're going to get Super.
I knew Kai would be pushed to 2016. FUNi must be holding off on that in favor of Super.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Well that was to be expected. But I don't think they're holding Kai off for Super. I do think it's more of a ''voice actors not available at all times'' kinda thing. But on the other hand, it's almost 2016, yet they haven't even released a single part of TFC. And we know that Funimation was already dubbing it in 2013, so who knows what's really going on over there.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:46 pm

I honestly believe we will get it next year. They are more than likely going to record all 69 episodes, so they can jump straight into releasing the Seasons. This way, they get Buu Kai done asap so they can start releasing Super late 2016.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:10 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:I honestly believe we will get it next year. They are more than likely going to record all 69 episodes, so they can jump straight into releasing the Seasons. This way, they get Buu Kai done asap so they can start releasing Super late 2016.
I think they'll announce them at comic con in October then release the 1st season of Kai in January,the 2nd season in April,the 3rd season in July then start releasing Super in parts starting in October.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Theophrastus
Regular

Post by Theophrastus » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:02 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:I honestly believe we will get it next year. They are more than likely going to record all 69 episodes, so they can jump straight into releasing the Seasons. This way, they get Buu Kai done asap so they can start releasing Super late 2016.
I really wouldn't count on this happening. Jumping straight to Season sets, I mean. They've never done that before with newly-dubbed material, and I really can't see them not trying to get as much money out of the series as possible when they finally do release it.

I could see The Final Chapters having an accelerated release schedule, though. Maybe one set per month. I think that would be more in-character for Funimation, assuming they do want to just get it all out there as fast as possible.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Theophrastus wrote:
I really wouldn't count on this happening. Jumping straight to Season sets, I mean. They've never done that before with newly-dubbed material, and I really can't see them not trying to get as much money out of the series as possible when they finally do release it.

I could see The Final Chapters having an accelerated release schedule, though. Maybe one set per month. I think that would be more in-character for Funimation, assuming they do want to just get it all out there as fast as possible.
As long as they don't drag it out over 18 months or longer, I have no issue whatsoever with them going the parts route. If they have indeed dubbed the entirety before they start releasing it, then I see no point in them dragging it out 3 monthly per part. If it's done, then get it out on the shelf bi-monthly at the most.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:

How did they drop the ball? We don't know if it's their fault the Buu dub has been delayed or not. There might be other factors at play here that are preventing them from releasing it.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:41 pm

I think Super will be out first before Buu saga Kai. I don't see why Funimation can't release both shows? People will buy the Buu saga Kai to complete their collection and it will give Toonami more episodes to air. They could have Kai at 12:00 AM and Super at 12:30 AM. Double the Dragon Ball means the double ratings for them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 am

Let's just hope 2016 will be that year...

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Truth be told, because of how long it's taking them to release this, I'm not as bothered about it as I was. I've given up hope of them releasing it any time soon.
The initial buzz has been completely killed by FUNi's lack of interest.

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:39 am

At this point I just hope it comes out at all.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:13 am

Muffin Man wrote:At this point I just hope it comes out at all.
FUNi will definitely release it some time in 2016. If worse case scenario, that doesn't happen, I'll always have Dragon Ball Super to back me up. :)

TheWhiz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheWhiz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Muffin Man wrote:At this point I just hope it comes out at all.
FUNi will definitely release it some time in 2016. If worse case scenario, that doesn't happen, I'll always have Dragon Ball Super to back me up. :)
Yeah, I'm reckon it will be a 2016 release.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 am

So assuming that Super takes the usual 6-8 months to be released, means it'll arrive August/Sept, so potentially this gives FUNi over half a year to release Buu Kai which will contain 69 episodes believe it was so six parts. So assuming that FUNi release Super in September leaves them about eight months to release Buu Kai which is about 32 weeks and so assuming they release Buu Kai parts every six weeks (like they're Z BD's) it means it'll take 36 weeks, hmm cutting it fine, guess they could move Super to Oct/Nov to stop any overlapping. Or they may not have a steady release schedule for Buu Kai, they've done that in the past with other releases of long running shows, so it is possible. Hell they could even release two parts on the same day, they did that with Fairy Tail once.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:34 am

I think super is going to push tis aside.
Best scenario-we get both and it doesn't effect the quality of either

worst-we get one pushed aside in the "never dub" category with plan to eradicate the saiyans and so much more ;/
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)