"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Re: Funimation Buu release guess?

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Well now we can finally end this tiresome speculation. Been waiting for this confirmation since it was first announced. As for Super, I am hyped for it to air on toonami along with Kai and I even kind of predicted this with my last speculation thread.

Still it kind of sucks that Super will not be airing on a kids network but I'm sure purists will say its not for kids outside Japan. Also it's now even more possible DBS could one day find its way to Disney XD now that we have the basic cable channel (toonami) confirmation out of the way.

Besides as a DB fan, 2017 WILL BE LEGENDARY and its nice to see everyone happy that Toonami is bringing everyone's childhoods back!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:15 pm

sintzu wrote:I don't mind Buu airing once a week cause it's over but Super ? it's going to take forever to catch up to where it is in Japan.
Still hoping it's 2 episodes that air for Super.

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:I don't mind Buu airing once a week cause it's over but Super ? it's going to take forever to catch up to where it is in Japan.
Still hoping it's 2 episodes that air for Super.
I thought I saw DeMarco clarify that the 11:30 was a rerun of the 8:00, not an extra episode on his twitter

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Still hoping it's 2 episodes that air for Super.
Even so, that's 13 weeks until we get to #27 followed by #28, which is when the new content will roll in. It's better than 28 weeks, but we'd be potentially looking at April for a new content release. But it'd help us catch up quicker; that way they could start airing it weekly when we get about 3-4, 5 episodes behind. Well, ideally, anyway. In reality, we'll most likely remain in a similar gap to what I heard of One Piece.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Re: Funimation Buu Release Discussion.

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:23 pm

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Re: Funimation Buu Release Discussion.

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Speaking of the 8:00 slot, how did Kai perform when it had reruns there?
I don remember ever hearing if the ratings for that spot were good, bad, or meh

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by DHM211 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 pm

So whats the chance of the green tint getting removed?

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:Bet Kid Trunks will be Alexis Tipton here too, but I saw Eric Vale in the cast list. Hate that it's Colleen as 18 again though. I guess it's for consistency even though Brad Jackson will be Oolong.

You'd be wrong. Kai Buu was finished ages ago.
But Alexis Tipton is voicing Erasa and she was voiced by Laura Bailey in Z

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 pm

By the way, could someone keep an eye out for when/if either of the Kai websites get updated, or if a Final Chapters-specific site pops up?

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:58 pm

:thumbup: Well guys, we made it! All this waiting finally paid off. Now we just need to wait for the Blu-rays....
DHM211 wrote:So whats the chance of the green tint getting removed?
Unfortunately, pretty low, but chances we'll get it in 4:3 are pretty much nonexistent. Watching all of Kai straight would be a pretty inconsistent experience.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

thaman91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thaman91 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:00 pm

It seems like the Funimation blog post has been updated to include Laura Bailey as the voice of Young Trunks. It's cool that she gets to have one last hurrah in the series.

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote::thumbup: Well guys, we made it! All this waiting finally paid off. Now we just need to wait for the Blu-rays....
DHM211 wrote:So whats the chance of the green tint getting removed?
Unfortunately, pretty low, but chances we'll get it in 4:3 are pretty much nonexistent. Watching all of Kai straight would be a pretty inconsistent experience.
Especially for the people who got the first four Parts

That's a different soundtrack for every major arc

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:03 pm

thaman91 wrote:It seems like the Funimation blog post has been updated to include Laura Bailey as the voice of Young Trunks. It's cool that she gets to have one last hurrah in the series.
Okay good!
That Eric vale thing confused the hell out of me

I cannot wait to hear Gotenks then; they sounded absolutely fantastic together in BoG

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:08 pm

AzuraRacon wrote:That's a different soundtrack for every major arc
You know, when you put it that way it actually doesn't sound that bad. It becomes consistently inconsistent.

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:
AzuraRacon wrote:That's a different soundtrack for every major arc
You know, when you put it that way it actually doesn't sound that bad. It becomes consistently inconsistent.
Actually, Almost
Now that I think about it, It even manages to be inconsistently consistently inconsistent, because the very last episode of the frieza arc, the "You fool" blast, is on Part 5

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 pm

AzuraRacon wrote:Now that I think about it, It even manages to be inconsistently consistently inconsistent, because the very last episode of the frieza arc, the "You fool" blast, is on Part 5
Well, shit. Kai really has been a wild ride. At least that ride will be coming to an end soon. (soon being 2018, if they're going to hold the Blu-rays like they did with the old Kai)

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:
AzuraRacon wrote:Now that I think about it, It even manages to be inconsistently consistently inconsistent, because the very last episode of the frieza arc, the "You fool" blast, is on Part 5
Well, shit. Kai really has been a wild ride. At least that ride will be coming to an end soon. (soon being 2018, if they're going to hold the Blu-rays like they did with the old Kai)
With kai, I can see them releasing sets halfway through the episodes, instead of waiting for all 13 that would make up a part, so that they can stagger Super releases with Buu in between, provided Toei lets them

I don't think Toei will mind since it's already airing, and kai performed well enough on toonami despite sets already being released

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:47 pm

That's assuming they're going to bother with Parts for Buu, since it's already finished and there's no guessing on how many episodes there'll be.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:57 pm

AzuraRacon wrote:That's assuming they're going to bother with Parts for Buu, since it's already finished and there's no guessing on how many episodes there'll be.
3 parts will have 12 episodes while the other 3 will have 11.

After that they'll release them in seasons.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:03 pm

As much as I'd prefer them to release them in Seasons right off the bat, knowing Funi it's not going to happen. I've always waited for the "Season" or "Collection" sets when it comes to long-running series like Dragon Ball, but I think I'll just buy the parts this time around.