DragonBall Z Kai - Arabic dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

DragonBall Z Kai - Arabic dub

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:18 pm

The TV channel Spacetoon, available in the Middle East, celebrates its 15th anniversary in 2015 by launching big TV series like Dragon Ball Z Kai episodes (1 to 54) that they recently acquired. http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1506
Image
Last edited by TheRed259 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Oh my. I hope it isn't as butchered as the original DBZ.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Kai is a lot bigger then I thought.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here
Posts: 3544
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:14 pm

sintzu wrote:Kai is a lot bigger then I thought.
It's interesting to see what countries are picking up Kai and which ones aren't...quite frankly, it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be. So many countries that dubbed DBZ haven't dubbed Kai yet (or, in the case of Portugal, aired a subtitled version, but no dub).

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting a German dub, if only because they did the best job with dubbing the songs in DBZ, and I'd love to hear a German dub of Dragon Soul.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

User avatar
kei17
I Live Here
Posts: 3926
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am
Location: DB's Birthplace
Contact:

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by kei17 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:50 am

Venus, the company that dubbed DBZ, is/was located in Damascus, Syria. Considering the situations there these several years, I doubt that the company is still present. They must have given up dubbing DBZ and Spacetoon decided to start Kai with a different company.

I feel sorry for Mideastern kids whose first exposure to the series is a badly scored version.
My Website: World DBZ
My blog: Red Ribbon Army Japan Base
penguintruth wrote:Gohan: "You differently skilled, but fully functional member of society whose IQ doesn't quite meet societal standards but is no less a beautiful creature for having lived in this universe... who happened to kill my mother and friends."

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:18 am

kei17 wrote:Venus, the company that dubbed DBZ, is/was located in Damascus, Syria. Considering the situations there these several years, I doubt that the company is still present. They must have given up dubbing DBZ and Spacetoon decided to start Kai with a different company.

I feel sorry for Mideastern kids whose first exposure to the series is a badly scored version.
So it had it's own score? even if it's bad, i'd like to hear it. anyone got a link for it? :P
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:35 am

kei17 wrote:I feel sorry for Mideastern kids whose first exposure to the series is a badly scored version.
I would have taken that over a 50% filler version any day.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
kei17
I Live Here
Posts: 3926
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am
Location: DB's Birthplace
Contact:

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by kei17 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:35 am

Black_Liger wrote:So it had it's own score? even if it's bad, i'd like to hear it. anyone got a link for it? :P
Ahh, by a "badly scored version," I mean Kai with the Kikuchi score. Sorry for the confusion.
sintzu wrote:
kei17 wrote:I feel sorry for Mideastern kids whose first exposure to the series is a badly scored version.
I would have taken that over a 50% filler version any day.
I'd choose Kai if it's at least okay-ishly scored, but it's even below the lowest level, which makes me take Z's pacing over it.
My Website: World DBZ
My blog: Red Ribbon Army Japan Base
penguintruth wrote:Gohan: "You differently skilled, but fully functional member of society whose IQ doesn't quite meet societal standards but is no less a beautiful creature for having lived in this universe... who happened to kill my mother and friends."

User avatar
Black_Liger
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:51 am

kei17 wrote:
Black_Liger wrote:So it had it's own score? even if it's bad, i'd like to hear it. anyone got a link for it? :P
Ahh, by a "badly scored version," I mean Kai with the Kikuchi score. Sorry for the confusion.
Oh I see, lol sorry. Indeed, I find myself not standing kai's music placement anymore.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by wjbraden » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:39 pm

kei17 wrote:Venus, the company that dubbed DBZ, is/was located in Damascus, Syria. Considering the situations there these several years, I doubt that the company is still present. They must have given up dubbing DBZ and Spacetoon decided to start Kai with a different company.
Actually, Venus is still around. They dubbed an anime version of Les Miserable just last year and there's been talks that they'll be dubbing more episodes of Hunter X Hunter soon. In fact, pretty much every show on Spacetoon is still dubbed by Venus, so there's a good chance DBZ Kai will be dubbed by them too.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

User avatar
kei17
I Live Here
Posts: 3926
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am
Location: DB's Birthplace
Contact:

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by kei17 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:44 pm

wjbraden wrote:
kei17 wrote:Venus, the company that dubbed DBZ, is/was located in Damascus, Syria. Considering the situations there these several years, I doubt that the company is still present. They must have given up dubbing DBZ and Spacetoon decided to start Kai with a different company.
Actually, Venus is still around. They dubbed an anime version of Les Miserable just last year and there's been talks that they'll be dubbing more episodes of Hunter X Hunter soon.
Wow, how are they still operating? Have they moved their office and studio to a different country? Now I have to wonder why they've decided to redo everything from the beginning considering their Z dub was still halfway.
My Website: World DBZ
My blog: Red Ribbon Army Japan Base
penguintruth wrote:Gohan: "You differently skilled, but fully functional member of society whose IQ doesn't quite meet societal standards but is no less a beautiful creature for having lived in this universe... who happened to kill my mother and friends."

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by wjbraden » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:24 pm

^ I'm not sure whether they've moved or not (I wouldn't be surprised if they did because of all the turmoil over there), but they are still operating it seems. Very few animes are dubbed over there anymore, so instead of dubbing the other 200+ episodes of DBZ, they probably thought it would be cheaper to dub 100+ episodes of Kai. I do have to wonder what the censorship will be like this time around though...
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:12 pm

wjbraden wrote:^ I'm not sure whether they've moved or not (I wouldn't be surprised if they did because of all the turmoil over there), but they are still operating it seems. Very few animes are dubbed over there anymore, so instead of dubbing the other 200+ episodes of DBZ, they probably thought it would be cheaper to dub 100+ episodes of Kai. I do have to wonder what the censorship will be like this time around though...
I'm really curious about it too. Censorship-wise, the DB and DBZ Arabic dub was really interesting. Even though there was quite a bit of information about it in Kanzenshuu, some of it (mostly videos) was offline, and I'd have liked to know more about it.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 pm

It would be really interesting to see if they are going to change the opening again & if they are gonna continue calling Goku ''Gogo''.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJeS-RT0Ji8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eukgNVR9drQ

What is also interesting is the fact that they didn't censor the scene with Krillin's torture like many other countries did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHQekj7lBhU

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:33 am

Well, IIRC, the dub of episodes 50ish onwards is more recent and a lot less censored.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Theophrastus
Regular
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: United States

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by Theophrastus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 pm

TheRed259 wrote:It would be really interesting to see if they are going to change the opening again & if they are gonna continue calling Goku ''Gogo''.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJeS-RT0Ji8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eukgNVR9drQ
Wow. That's the first time I've seen a dubbed opening that was actually significantly longer than the original Japanese one. I wonder what the reasoning was here. Did they not have an end credits sequence or something?

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:27 pm

I think it was because they cut out so much footage they had to make up for lenght.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I will not be satisfied until my pessimism crushes your spirit.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:


Theophrastus
Regular
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: United States

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by Theophrastus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:16 am

I can't pinpoint what it is but something about Goku in that image looks...off.

User avatar
ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: DBZ Kai - Arabic dub

Post by ChibiGoku » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:53 am

Huh, they're... using the preview music from Scan2Go at the very end... Which was produced by AniTunes, so...

Hm...

Post Reply