Will Toei Ever Place Sumitomo Score In Dragon Ball Kai 1.0?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JoshuaSaiyajin

Will Toei Ever Place Sumitomo Score In Dragon Ball Kai 1.0?

Post by JoshuaSaiyajin » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:56 pm

I know this may seem unlikely, but would it ever be possible for Toei to officially replace the Kikuchi score in Kai 1.0 with the Sumitomo tracks? Like through Kai reruns or through a possible home release that contains every Kai episode? (including Kai 2.0)?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Will Toei Ever Place Sumitomo Score In Dragon Ball Kai 1

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:45 am

Toei won't do that because honestly, at this stage, Toei doesn't give two shits about Kai to provide another music placement for it.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 am

If that happens, it would be through FUNimation and for the U.S. release. If the show had moved more product in Japan, Toei would've taken better care when replacing the score.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:59 am

Honestly, I don't think that'll happen. The Kikuchi tracks are there and there's nothing wrong with them as far as Toei is concerned. Also, it'd only complicate things even further.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:11 pm

I seriously doubt thei will bother to pay for remixing all the 98 episodes only for the sake of unity. They're just too cheap.

Anyway, if you'd like to see how the Sumitomo score works on earlier episodes, here's episode 56 with the Sumitomo score that I edited: http://yahoo.jp/box/gNwfCd

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Oh no God please no, oh no God please no. enough. Toei would only let us down again.

NOW if the composer was either Shiroh Sagisu o Yoshihisa Hirano, I wouldn't mind. but nope.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:54 pm

Bare in mind, every time somebody says, "Oh come on, it's not like it could get worse" with regard to Kai's production....well, look what happens.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

JoshuaSaiyajin

Post by JoshuaSaiyajin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 pm

kei17 wrote:I seriously doubt thei will bother to pay for remixing all the 98 episodes only for the sake of unity. They're just too cheap.

Anyway, if you'd like to see how the Sumitomo score works on earlier episodes, here's episode 56 with the Sumitomo score that I edited: http://yahoo.jp/box/gNwfCd
I've seen this video from InternationalDBZ's (not sure if that's you) YouTube channel and I'm impressed with the music placement!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:37 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Bare in mind, every time somebody says, "Oh come on, it's not like it could get worse" with regard to Kai's production....well, look what happens.
That's a good point. :lol:

Every time you think that Kai can't reach a new low, it reaches beneath that new low. Forget scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Kai, since the Majin Boo arc, has been the equivalent of eating the dirt in the earth of the ground that the barrel is placed on.

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 pm

NO, PLEASE, NO!!!