Home release of Buu Saga - Will you be getting it?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Home release of Buu Saga - Will you be getting it?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:24 pm

It's ugly, the music sucks, and I like the Buu Arc filler.

The only plus is the voice acting, and that's not enough. I never had much issue with the acting in the Buu Arc anyway.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:55 am

Yes, to support more of this show in my Region. Not the Japanese release, regardless of perhaps a bonus in that release. Because screw you, Toei.

divad86

Post by divad86 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:26 am

I will probably get Buu Kai but I am hesitant because of the episode that showed the ogres and villains in Hell. It bugs me that they kept that in there mainly because if I remember correctly in the first Kai series they never showed Goku going to Hell and meeting Goz and Mez. Yet they are talking about meeting him back in the Saiyan Arc. It's a small complaint but it just doesn't feel right to me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:38 am

divad86 wrote:I will probably get Buu Kai but I am hesitant because of the episode that showed the ogres and villains in Hell. It bugs me that they kept that in there mainly because if I remember correctly in the first Kai series they never showed Goku going to Hell and meeting Goz and Mez. Yet they are talking about meeting him back in the Saiyan Arc. It's a small complaint but it just doesn't feel right to me.
Not seeing it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

divad86

Post by divad86 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:37 am

sintzu wrote:
divad86 wrote:I will probably get Buu Kai but I am hesitant because of the episode that showed the ogres and villains in Hell. It bugs me that they kept that in there mainly because if I remember correctly in the first Kai series they never showed Goku going to Hell and meeting Goz and Mez. Yet they are talking about meeting him back in the Saiyan Arc. It's a small complaint but it just doesn't feel right to me.
Like I said I will probably get it when Funi releases it. If it's in there it will be a small price to pay for watching a more faster paced version of my favorite manga series. :D Hopefully it's one of the things that got cut out of the international version.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:28 am

divad86 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Like I said I will probably get it when Funi releases it. If it's in there it will be a small price to pay for watching a more faster paced version of my favorite manga series. :D Hopefully it's one of the things that got cut out of the international version.
I would say it wasn't up until the episodes from 107-157 they line up then separate because of the filler episode and then realign with 158-159
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:33 am

I visited this thread for the first time now and have to read that the buu arc will be in 16:9? Is this true?
I mean its not a big deal but why ?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 am

Alex9196 wrote:I visited this thread for the first time now and have to read that the buu arc will be in 16:9? Is this true?
Yes, it's true. While there's no concrete answer as to why this is, there is a popular theory:

The first instance of Dragon Ball Kai began development a while before Japan introduced a new TV standard that required (HD?) broadcasts to be 16:9. QTEC simply finished remastering the show in 4:3, and then selectively cropped it to adhere to the new standards.

Boo Kai, of course, began many years after this, and was remastered on the cheap by Toei themselves. Rather than remaster the full frame, they cropped it from the get-go, so there's no publicly available 4:3 Boo arc. Shame.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Well, either way, I am going to buy the releases as soon as the home releases come to the UK.
Also I am sure the cropping isnt that bad.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Alex9196 wrote:Well, either way, I am going to buy the releases as soon as the home releases come to the UK.
Also I am sure the cropping isnt that bad.

The cropping is passable, but it's the green tint and generally poor remaster that's the main issue.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Alex9196
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alex9196 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:18 pm

I was just watching an episode to judge it on my own. And to me it looks awesome.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:25 pm

I would've gotten it no question a couple of years ago. At this point they'll really have to do their best to hype me up about it again. Still not sure if that would work. It's been way too long now and I stopped caring about it awhile ago. Now, I'm more interested in another movie or a proper 4:3 DBZ Blu-ray release and I doubt that either of those will ever happen.

I'm not totally jaded, though. I'm pumped for Full Color Dragon Ball's Freeza arc.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Kendamu wrote:I would've gotten it no question a couple of years ago. At this point they'll really have to do their best to hype me up about it again. Still not sure if that would work. It's been way too long now and I stopped caring about it awhile ago. Now, I'm more interested in another movie or a proper 4:3 DBZ Blu-ray release and I doubt that either of those will ever happen.

I'm not totally jaded, though. I'm pumped for Full Color Dragon Ball's Freeza arc.
I'd love a 4:3 DBZ on BluRay too, preferrably with the English music as an option. And just a Bluray release in general for DB but ik it's not that simple.
As for the manga it sucks Viz is taking so long to do this. The Full Color Saiyan Saga came out like 2 years ago already

JustSaiyan34

Post by JustSaiyan34 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:47 pm

Most likely. Mainly since I love English Kai. The tint is passable, IMO.
A B S O L U T E L Y S U B A R A S H I I

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:27 pm

That's extremely disappointing about the cropping, odd music placement, and the green tint, but I will buy it because I love the English Kai dub!

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Ajay wrote:
Alex9196 wrote:I visited this thread for the first time now and have to read that the buu arc will be in 16:9? Is this true?
Yes, it's true. While there's no concrete answer as to why this is, there is a popular theory:

The first instance of Dragon Ball Kai began development a while before Japan introduced a new TV standard that required (HD?) broadcasts to be 16:9. QTEC simply finished remastering the show in 4:3, and then selectively cropped it to adhere to the new standards.
Wouldn't it make more sense and waste less time to just have the show in a 16:9 format with the black bars at the side, so that there's no lost footage? I mean, I'd put up with crappy YouTube clip-style borders to see the Buu arc in 4:3. Surely it would be quicker than selectively cropping each scene/episode?

(I admit that I'm not well versed on the technical side of things, so I might be dead wrong)
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

divad86

Post by divad86 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Considering I still own the Orange Bricks and watch them over and over again and knowing what problems they have; A cropped screen and a green tint isn't going to stop me from picking up Buu Kai. I can't wait to hear the English dub that Funi will give it considering their past effort with the previous Kai and new movies.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 am

Will I get it when it becomes available yes I will, BUT when I do it'll be 2nd hand and not at a retail outlet, after the whole FUNi DBOX stunt they pulled at the Dalas Comic Con I refuse to buy any FUNimation product at retail (DB related or otherwise).
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:03 am

I will buy Buu saga Kai the instant it comes out. It's the only new Dragon Ball related product I even care about right now. I just want my home collection to finally be complete so I can marathon DB and DBZ Kai straight through (still debating on whether or not I should include Battle of Gods and Resurrection F before the last two eps of Kai...).

Fraktunis

Post by Fraktunis » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Muffin Man wrote:I will buy Buu saga Kai the instant it comes out. It's the only new Dragon Ball related product I even care about right now. I just want my home collection to finally be complete so I can marathon DB and DBZ Kai straight through (still debating on whether or not I should include Battle of Gods and Resurrection F before the last two eps of Kai...).

Exactly my thoughts. There really isn't much new coming out recently so you got to take what you can get!