LatAM DBZKai dub start.

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

LatAM DBZKai dub start.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Now with LAURA TORRES as GOTEN.

http://www.anmtvla.com/2015/10/inicia-e ... z-kai.html

To be honest, I love Mario but I have softened down on Edson Matus thanks to kei. Yes even his Mepple in Futari Wa Pretty Cure. I want him back, I dont want Glitter Force!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: LatAM DBZKai dub start.

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Well now! A number of interesting things from this article

-Not only is Laura Torres (the original voice of Goten) returning, but so are the original voices for Gohan, Ireza, and 16.

-Unlike last time, where they used the Nicktoons-edited English dub as the basis (as in audio, video, and scripts) for their dub, this time around, they're dubbing using the original Japanese version as their basis. I wonder what this means about the current status of the English dub of the Buu arc, then?

-Arguably the most surprising note: the Latino Spanish dub for the Buu arc is being done by the same dubbing studio that dubbed the previous arcs of Kai. So after all that criticism, it would appear that they not only increased their budget, but listened to the fans. Good for them!

-Mario Castaneda, the original voice of Goku (who even returned to the role again for the Latino Spanish dubs of BoG and RoF) is not coming back...however, he indicated that it was not a money issue like the first time around. Rather, this time, it seems he declined out of respect for Edson Matus, the guy who replaced him for the previous arcs of Kai (who presumably will be coming back for the Buu arc). If that's the real reason, then I think that's very respectful. Too many times, voice actors get unfairly blamed for cast changes, so for Mario to not only share his favorite role with another actor, but also to honor his work...that counts for a lot in my book. I really, really respect Mario for that. Besides, Edson's really not that bad. His screams are actually pretty epic!

Good news all around, it seems. :)
Last edited by TheBlackPaladin on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Wait hold up, does that mean they are going to use those rushed episodes in the Latin American dub or are they going to use the Japanese dub of the international version?

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:19 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Wait hold up, does that mean they are going to use those rushed episodes in the Latin American dub or are they going to use the Japanese dub of the international version?
The original Japanese version is not considered a dub, but yes, that's what they're dubbing around this time. Presumably they'll be using the international cut as well, since the Japan-only cut is, well....a Japan-only cut.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:44 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:Wait hold up, does that mean they are going to use those rushed episodes in the Latin American dub or are they going to use the Japanese dub of the international version?
The original Japanese version is not considered a dub, but yes, that's what they're dubbing around this time. Presumably they'll be using the international cut as well, since the Japan-only cut is, well....a Japan-only cut.
Ok good. I just really don't like the fact that the Japanese version cut out almost every instance of breathing room, which in my opinion ruined the buu saga of kai in Japan

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:09 am

Good news. I actually preferred the new Goku over the old.