DBZKai TFC in Spain (Catalan,Galician... Castilian Spanish?)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wesker

DBZKai TFC in Spain (Catalan,Galician... Castilian Spanish?)

Post by Wesker » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Boladedrac.cat confirmes that TV3, the regional television of Catalunya, has purchased the license of Dragon Ball Z Kai The Final Chapters which will be dubbed in Catalan. This is the first confirmed emission of the second part of Dragon Ball Z Kai in Spain, after the Catalan, Galician and Basque emissions of the original Kai series. Hoping this is the beginning of further emissions in Spain, including a Castilian Spanish one finally dubbing both Kai series while keeping the classic cast which has dubbed the recent movies.

It's also been confirmed that because of receiving the "The Final Chapters" international versions of the openings and endings, they have no authorization to dub the songs and thus these will have to be aired in English. Additional info dub cast (likely to be the same classic Catalan cast who did the first Kai and the recent movies) regarding airing dates is still unknown.
Last edited by Wesker on Wed May 11, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Re: Catalan dub of DBZ Kai The Final Chapters confirmed

Post by danielsan_190196 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:11 pm

So, Arait Multimedia doesn't have the rights for this part of Kai?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:48 pm

I hope that they continue to use the process they used in their Kai dub, dubbing all or most of the screams. And not the one in Battle of Gods, lefting the japanese screams.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 pm

GOD NO! That sounds so AWFUL and TACKY.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Wesker

Post by Wesker » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:51 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:So, Arait Multimedia doesn't have the rights for this part of Kai?
It can't be known for sure since they have been very quiet on this. In fact, some sources claim that their rights for the original Kai end the next year. But the person running Boladedrac.cat states that it's actually Arait Multimedia once again who's licensing Kai The Final Chapters to TV3.

http://www.boladedrac.cat/index.php/not ... c-Z-Kai/69

It seems the dub is starting on October 19th and it's Marc Zanni (voiceover of Son Goku) who's taking the direction role once again, same as in the original Kai and the recent movies.

danma

Post by danma » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:09 pm

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Interesting to hear that they don't have authorization to dub the songs. I guess that means we can't expect any of the dubs of the show to dub the songs. I hope dubbed songs are not a thing of the past...
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRod_-uRRmQ

The super saiyan 3 transformation dubbed in catalan.

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:57 am

I'm very disappointed that they never dubbed the original Kai series in Castellano (there were rumours it was going to be) so can't expect The Final Chapters either then. :-/
The music on the 5min intro sounds really bad and out of place. *sad face*
SaintEvolution wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRod_-uRRmQ

Whoa, this is great. Might consider watching it.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:32 pm

The music on the 5min intro sounds really bad and out of place. *sad face*
SaintEvolution wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRod_-uRRmQ

Whoa, this is great. Might consider watching it.[/quote]

That's the problem with the buu arc. The placement can be good at times and at times it can be bad
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

SaiyàBitō

Post by SaiyàBitō » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:04 pm

So, I found Chapter 164 on YouTube recently.

They left some Japanese audio in the final Genkidama scene.

Interesting...

Don't get me wrong, I love the audio switching sometimes (well DB and Z really) but... Thought they would let that go in Kai... Unfortunately, I was wrong.
Last edited by SaiyàBitō on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See - Life is like a ball.

It will keep rolling in time and bounce with excitement. Until, that ball will be flat. You will be weak.

But, don't fret. At time, the ball won't be flat anymore. It'll be round and strong. You, and I mean you, will be strong once again.

PROBABLY NOT ON HIATUS AGAIN BUT WHO KNOWS?

Yeah, thing is that I am always not here and it’s saddening to me. Seriously. I just want to make some great topics and such, yes?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:36 pm

SaiyàBitō wrote:Here: *youtube link of Catalan DBZ Kai 164*
Err...that's the entire episode. Can you point to specific times please?
Last edited by Danfun64 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Just saiyan, (pun intended) you should probably take down the link before one of the admins at Kanzenshuu takes it down

SaiyàBitō

Post by SaiyàBitō » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:03 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Just saiyan, (pun intended) you should probably take down the link before one of the admins at Kanzenshuu takes it down
I took it down, no worries.
See - Life is like a ball.

It will keep rolling in time and bounce with excitement. Until, that ball will be flat. You will be weak.

But, don't fret. At time, the ball won't be flat anymore. It'll be round and strong. You, and I mean you, will be strong once again.

PROBABLY NOT ON HIATUS AGAIN BUT WHO KNOWS?

Yeah, thing is that I am always not here and it’s saddening to me. Seriously. I just want to make some great topics and such, yes?

Wesker

Post by Wesker » Wed May 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Iberian_Saiyan wrote:I'm very disappointed that they never dubbed the original Kai series in Castellano (there were rumours it was going to be) so can't expect The Final Chapters either then. :-/
Perhaps you could sign this to help to finally make it happen.

https://www.change.org/p/atresmedia-cor ... e-la-serie

By the way, there's also a Galician dub of DBZ Kai The Final Chapters in the works. It's currently in the dub process or so was confirmed by some of the actors. It seems the dub cast is going to be the same one of the first DBZ Kai (which is not totally the original DBZ Galician cast, only half of it or even less).

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DBZKai TFC in Spain (Catalan,Galician... Castilian Spani

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Please dont use Change.org for silly anime petitions. PLEASE.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Wesker

Post by Wesker » Thu May 12, 2016 7:37 am

How's that a silly petition? If people really want it and support it then I don't see why that should be silly. Especially considering who's carrying it out.

Actually, this "one silly anime petition" worked pretty well three years ago.

https://www.change.org/p/estreno-dragon ... castellano

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Oh ok. I just think Change.org is for serious issues. But if IT DID work... I wonder if it could bring back One Piece LOL.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sun May 15, 2016 6:51 am

Wesker wrote:
Iberian_Saiyan wrote:I'm very disappointed that they never dubbed the original Kai series in Castellano (there were rumours it was going to be) so can't expect The Final Chapters either then. :-/
Perhaps you could sign this to help to finally make it happen.

https://www.change.org/p/atresmedia-cor ... e-la-serie
They actually did a pretty cool video when the petition reached 1,000 views, featuring Goku's VA.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4age5 ... -espana_tv
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:03 am

I may not be Spanish but the SHEER LOVE the Spanish cast of Dragon Ball have for the show is so moving.