Why did they stop using the Japanese attack names in the dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Why did they stop using the Japanese attack names in the dub

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:21 pm

I noticed that they start using the Japanese attack names throughout the first few episodes of Kai but then they start using Spirit Bomb and Destructo Disc as soon as the Saiyan Saga. Is there any reason for this?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Why did they stop using the Japanese attack names in the

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Someone here said Chris Sabat had some personal problems behind the scenes with vocal issues so they were rushed for time. So instead of having two different versions of the names (for the uncut and tv version) they just did chose the dub names for everything.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Why did they stop using the Japanese attack names in the

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm

tvfan721 wrote:Someone here said Chris Sabat had some personal problems behind the scenes with vocal issues so they were rushed for time. So instead of having two different versions of the names (for the uncut and tv version) they just did chose the dub names for everything.
Yeah I believe its when he blew his voice out and tried to stall production but between the uncut version, the nicktoons version, and the toonzai version as you said they were pressed for time
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/