What's the difference between Blu-rays?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

s841

What's the difference between Blu-rays?

Post by s841 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:35 pm

I was planning on buying Kai on blu-ray I came across the seasons which seem to be 4 of them. But then after adding them to my cart then I saw a Part 8 which has SSJ2 Gohan and Goku on it, so I assume it's the last one. Basically I was wondering what the difference was between the two?

Theophrastus
Regular

Re: What's the difference between Blu-rays?

Post by Theophrastus » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Parts are the original releases and have fewer episodes. Seasons are essentially a repackaging of two Parts into one box (ex. Season 1 is Parts 1 + 2, Season 2 is Parts 3 + 4, etc.)

If you can find Parts 1-4, those have the Yamamoto score. Parts 5-8, and all of the Season sets have the Kikuchi replacement score.

s841

Re: What's the difference between Blu-rays?

Post by s841 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Theophrastus wrote:Parts are the original releases and have fewer episodes. Seasons are essentially a repackaging of two Parts into one box (ex. Season 1 is Parts 1 + 2, Season 2 is Parts 3 + 4, etc.)

If you can find Parts 1-4, those have the Yamamoto score. Parts 5-8, and all of the Season sets have the Kikuchi replacement score.
Oh I see. I've never heard Yamamoto's score and I liked Kukichi's score when it was on Toonami the other day so I'll get the seasons. Thanks for the info!!