Buu arc is coming to Brazil

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Buu arc is coming to Brazil

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:48 pm

Huh, the sales tanked did they? I thought the dub was pretty good all things considered.

P.S. How's the picture quality on the Brazilian Kai DVDs?

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Iberian_Saiyan wrote:Huh, the sales tanked did they? I thought the dub was pretty good all things considered.

P.S. How's the picture quality on the Brazilian Kai DVDs?
Sorry, but i didn't bought the DVD's, so i don't know about the picture quality.

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:36 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:
Bagginses wrote:^
Cool. I had guessed it, but wasn't sure.

Hope to see the series on television anytime soon.

Keep us updated, please, if you can. :D
Don't worry, i will update as soon as we get new information :D .
Thank you. :D

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Bulma's voice actress Tania Gaidarji said in her Facebook page that she already recorded the last episode, now we just have to wait they announce which channel will air it (most likely will be Cartoon Network).

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:22 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:Bulma's voice actress Tania Gaidarji said in her Facebook page that she already recorded the last episode, now we just have to wait they announce which channel will air it (most likely will be Cartoon Network).
That's good news! I hope they dub Dragon Ball Super too!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:43 pm

I think Bandeirantes may get it before or after CN.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I think Bandeirantes may get it before or after CN.
I don't think they will get it, it's been 4 years they have the Saiyajin and Freeza arcs but didn't bothered to get the Cell arc.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:35 pm

New information: Kuririn was voiced by Alex Minei (previously was Fábio Lucindo who now lives in Portugal) and Kibito was voiced by Antônio Moreno (previously was Afonso Amajones who also voiced Tenshinhan in Kai 1.0).

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:49 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:New information: Kuririn was voiced by Alex Minei (previously was Fábio Lucindo who now lives in Portugal) and Kibito was voiced by Antônio Moreno (previously was Afonso Amajones who also voiced Tenshinhan in Kai 1.0).
I would like if they call Thelma Lúcia to voice Krillin again. She was the first VA of the character in Brazil, in the original dub of DB episodes 1-60 broadcasted on SBT in 1996. But Alex has a similar voice with Fábio's one, and Fábio voiced Krillin is most of the media in brazilian dubs, so it's fair to think that they would call an actor with a similar voice. Alex Minei's biggest roles are Cilan in Pokemon BW, Yuuki Tachimukai in Inazuma Eleven and the second voice of Steve Smith in the brazilian version of American Dad(the first one was Wendel Bezerra, yeah, Goku).

About Antônio, he had some roles in brazilian dubs of Dragon Ball franchise before. He dubbed Slug, Dr. Willow, Bojack, General Rild from Dragon Ball GT and Ox King in Battle of Gods. He is a very talented actor, and is one of Morgan Freeman's dubbers in Brazil. I think he did a great job. I like Afonso's voice, but was a good replacement.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:00 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:New information: Kuririn was voiced by Alex Minei (previously was Fábio Lucindo who now lives in Portugal) and Kibito was voiced by Antônio Moreno (previously was Afonso Amajones who also voiced Tenshinhan in Kai 1.0).
I would like if they call Thelma Lúcia to voice Krillin again. She was the first VA of the character in Brazil, in the original dub of DB episodes 1-60 broadcasted on SBT in 1996. But Alex has a similar voice with Fábio's one, and Fábio voiced Krillin is most of the media in brazilian dubs, so it's fair to think that they would call an actor with a similar voice. Alex Minei's biggest roles are Cilan in Pokemon BW, Yuuki Tachimukai in Inazuma Eleven and the second voice of Steve Smith in the brazilian version of American Dad(the first one was Wendel Bezerra, yeah, Goku).

About Antônio, he had some roles in brazilian dubs of Dragon Ball franchise before. He dubbed Slug, Dr. Willow, Bojack, General Rild from Dragon Ball GT and Ox King in Battle of Gods. He is a very talented actor, and is one of Morgan Freeman's dubbers in Brazil. I think he did a great job. I like Afonso's voice, but was a good replacement.
Yeah, i also liked the replacements and i think that will be awesome to hear Kibito with Siren Sorento's voice from Saint Seiya.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:18 pm

More two confirmed voices:

Mr. Satan - César Emílio (Scorpion Kardia in the brazilian dub of Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas)
King Kai - Carlos Silveira (that already took the role since Battle of Gods)

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Here's some interesting news: TSB Anime, a blog that made full versions of the GT opening and Z's opening 2 and ending 2 with the oficial singers (they also did the oficial music for Yo-Kai Watch) are doing a special event for the 20th anniversary of Dragon Ball in Brazil calling almost all the singers that already participated in the show, and the interesting thing is that in the latest teaser for that, a Brazilian version of Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go is playing in the background, does this means that Brazil got the japanese version of the Buu Saga instead of The Final Chapters? Watch for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAplbjC06I

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:30 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:Here's some interesting news: TSB Anime, a blog that made full versions of the GT opening and Z's opening 2 and ending 2 with the oficial singers (they also did the oficial music for Yo-Kai Watch) are doing a special event for the 20th anniversary of Dragon Ball in Brazil calling almost all the singers that already participated in the show, and the interesting thing is that in the latest teaser for that, a Brazilian version of Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go is playing in the background, does this means that Brazil got the japanese version of the Buu Saga instead of The Final Chapters? Watch for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAplbjC06I
Well, Silvio Giraldi in a Facebook post said that they(Sigma staff) worked in the opening of the series. And Brazil always had a special treatment when it comes to the dub of animesongs. Kai 1.0 for example, had the musics translated by the original japanese version even if the episodes came edited by Funimation.

I don't think Brazil will have the japanese TV version instead of the International one, but I think that if for some miracle they don't use Fight it Out as the opening, maybe they can use Kuu Zen Zetsu Go in the opening, with the footage of the international version.

Also, the voice singing Kuu Zen Zetsu Go is from Ricardo Fábio, the original singer of the brazilian Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku. He works a lot on Sigma, maybe he dubbed some character in Kai Final Chapters too.

ZPolk01

Post by ZPolk01 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:59 am

Ah, that's cool. Any word on when it's coming out in Latin America? Just out of curiosity.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:05 am

ZPolk01 wrote:Ah, that's cool. Any word on when it's coming out in Latin America? Just out of curiosity.
Nothing until now, but Kai returned to Cartoon Network this month, maybe they will air the Buu arc after this rerun.

ElmikoAkaMSRTI

Post by ElmikoAkaMSRTI » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 am

It's coming to US too

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 am

ElmikoAkaMSRTI wrote:It's coming to US too
It's already auring in the US, but that wasn't the question...

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Cartoon Network will broadcast it in september, 4th.

http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... n-network/

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:55 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Cartoon Network will broadcast it in september, 4th.

http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... n-network/
That's great, finally Cartoon Network will air it.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:11 am

And Rodrigo Rossi confirmed that he sung the brazilian versions of "Fight it Out" and "Never Give Up".