Buu arc is coming to Brazil

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Buu arc is coming to Brazil

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:57 am

Goku's Brazilian voice actor Wendel Bezerra posted on his Facebook page that he is back for the Buu arc:

https://www.facebook.com/Wendeldub/?fref=ts

Bagginses
Banned

Re: Buu arc is coming to Brazil

Post by Bagginses » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:20 pm

I did not find the specific post. Where is it?

Thanks for letting us know, though.

I'm from Brazil too, by the way. :D

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Bagginses wrote:I did not find the specific post. Where is it?

Thanks for letting us know, though.

I'm from Brazil too, by the way. :D
It's the second post (the great text).

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks, I found it. I began to read that post but I didn't finish it because I thought the post was going to be solely about DB Super. He only started to talk about DBKai later.

Anyway, great news!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Awesome! Out of curiosity though, what about the rest of the original cast?

As I understand it, the situation with the Brazilian dub of Kai somewhat mirrors the situation with the Latino Spanish dub. Bezerra was one of the few voice actors from the original Brazilian DBZ dub to reprise his role for Kai, then most of the original DBZ dub cast came back for the Brazilian dubs of the two new movies. For the Latino Spanish dub of the Buu arc, it seems the vast majority of the original DBZ dub cast is coming back. Is it a similar deal here? Are there any other original DBZ dub cast members coming back?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:51 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Awesome! Out of curiosity though, what about the rest of the original cast?

As I understand it, the situation with the Brazilian dub of Kai somewhat mirrors the situation with the Latino Spanish dub. Bezerra was one of the few voice actors from the original Brazilian DBZ dub to reprise his role for Kai, then most of the original DBZ dub cast came back for the Brazilian dubs of the two new movies. For the Latino Spanish dub of the Buu arc, it seems the vast majority of the original DBZ dub cast is coming back. Is it a similar deal here? Are there any other original DBZ dub cast members coming back?
All we know for now is that the original VA's of Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta and Bulma are back but the VA's of Master Roshi, Mr. Satan, Kuririn, Kaioshin and Kibito were changed.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:34 am

WOW! Wendel Berzerra is related to Ursula Berzerra, voice of Kid Goku and Naruto! SOOOOO COOL!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 pm

New information: Marco Antônio Abreu (who voiced Ginyu in the first part of Kai) is the new narrator.

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:36 am

This is really cool. The Kai dub was great so I'll certainly check this out.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:56 am

The direction is in hands of Silvio Giraldi, who voices Jeice in the original brazilian Z dub and General Blue in the brazilian version of Dragon Ball: The Path to Power.

They are doing the dub of Buu Arc with base in the original Z dub, and not in the first part of Kai, that had a half of the original cast changed. And this is great. Much probably the dub now will be better than in Saiyajin, Frieza and Cell arcs.

Unfortunaly, they will change Krillin's actor, Fábio Lucindo. He moved to Portugal to study on Coimbra College, and it's a lame because he has a lot of important anime roles that will have to be re-cast in the future. Not only Krillin, but characters like Ash(Pokemon), Takuya(Digimon Frontier), Ichigo(Bleach), Chopper(One Piece), Killua(Hunter X Hunter), Ryoma(Prince of Tennis), Shinji Ikari(Evangelion), Shinichi Kudo(Detective Conan), Tanikaze(Knights of Sidonia) were all voiced by him in Brazil and probably will have new actors in the future. The only role that he still does(and that probably is the most important of his career) is Ash from Pokemon, that he dubbed directly from Portugal until the movie "Hoppa and the Clash of Ages".
Last edited by SaintEvolution on Wed May 04, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:22 am

SaintEvolution wrote:The direction is in hands of Silvio Giraldi, who voices Jeice in the original brazilian Z dub and General Blue in the brazilian version of Dragon Ball: The Path to Power.

They are doing the dub of Buu Arc with base in the original Z dub, and not in the first part of Kai, that had a half of the original cast changed. And this is great. Probably the dub now will be much better than in Saiyajin, Frieza and Cell arcs.

Unfortunaly, they will change Krillin's actor, Fábio Lucindo. He moved to Portugal to study on Coimbra College, and it's a lame because he has a lot of important anime roles that will have to be re-cast in the future. Not only Krillin, but characters like Ichigo(Bleach), Chopper(One Piece), Ryoma(Prince of Tennis), Shinji Ikari(Evangelion), Shinichi Kudo(Detective Conan) were all voiced by him in Brazil and probably will have new actors in the future. The only role that he was not replaced yet(and that probably is the most important of his career) was Ash from Pokemon, that he still dubbed directly from Portugal until the movie "Hoppa and the Clash of Ages".
He moved to Portugal? Nice. :D Lucino sure did voice a lot of characters but it's also the companies fault for relying on one man to do the job, it's just like having a whole family work in the same business and if it tanks then everyone loses their job.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:05 am

WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!

Are you telling me One Piece is still being dubbed in Brazil? I thought they gave up right at episode 52! They didnt even get to the second season of the 4kids version! (Because that's what Latin America and Brazil got. 4kids One Piece.) There were talks of a redub for Brazil that never materialized. Can you answer my concerns?

I dont like the fact that they got a guy to do Chopper though. I would ideally want a woman with a cute voice to do it. But I dont live in Brazil sooooo....
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:12 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!

Are you telling me One Piece is still being dubbed in Brazil? I thought they gave up right at episode 52! They didnt even get to the second season of the 4kids version! (Because that's what Latin America and Brazil got. 4kids One Piece.) There were talks of a redub for Brazil that never materialized. Can you answer my concerns?

I dont like the fact that they got a guy to do Chopper though. I would ideally want a woman with a cute voice to do it. But I dont live in Brazil sooooo....
No. They didn't continued One Piece dubbing in Brazil. Toei did some negotiations in 2013 to re-release the series here in the original uncut version, but they didn't go so far.

Anyway, it's possible that One Piece gets uncut dubs in Brazil and Latin American soon. It's one of the most wanted anime titles in Netflix feedback sessions here, for example. And Lucindo did a good work for Chopper, I would like if they could kept him in the case of an uncut redub, as the rest of the original cast too as possible.
gregoryluis09 wrote:New information: Marco Antônio Abreu (who voiced Ginyu in the first part of Kai) is the new narrator.
It's funny because he voices Patrick in the brazilian dub of Spongebob, as Wendel Bezerra(Goku), voices Spongebob in the brazilian dub too.

And the original narrator from brazilian Z, Daoiz Cabezudo, voiced Squidward until 2006 when he died, in the brazilian dub of Spongebob.

So, the narrator was Squidward before, and now is Patrick.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:44 am

Raquel Marinho(Chi-Chi) confirmed that she is back to the dub too.

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:33 am

gregoryluis09 wrote:All we know for now is that the original VA's of Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta and Bulma are back but the VA's of Master Roshi, Mr. Satan, Kuririn, Kaioshin and Kibito were changed.
Hey, a simple question: by any chance did you get that information from here: http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... 81+E+TV%29? :D

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:37 am

Bagginses wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:All we know for now is that the original VA's of Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta and Bulma are back but the VA's of Master Roshi, Mr. Satan, Kuririn, Kaioshin and Kibito were changed.
Hey, a simple question: by any chance did you get that information from here: http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... 81+E+TV%29? :D
Yep.

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:45 am

^
Cool. I had guessed it, but wasn't sure.

Hope to see the series on television anytime soon.

Keep us updated, please, if you can. :D

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:47 am

Bagginses wrote:^
Cool. I had guessed it, but wasn't sure.

Hope to see the series on television anytime soon.

Keep us updated, please, if you can. :D
Don't worry, i will update as soon as we get new information :D .

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:48 pm

I wonder if they'll call it "Os Capítulos Finais" but knowing Brazil, they'll do their own thing (A Saga de Majin Boo) like with Kai 1.0 the narrator would always say "DRAGON BALL KAI" even though the opening clearly showed "Dragon Ball Z Kai". In Japan Kai 2.0 was referred as "Majin Boo Hen" which translates to "Majin Boo arc" so that would be perfectly fitting. One other thing, please air the episodes in HD than being cheapskates. :(

Always wanted to buy Kai 1.0 Brazilian DVD sets but never did because the distributor in charge would only sell within Brazil. Pretty pointless for Brazil to have their own Amazon when they can't sell physical items. :problem:

Edit: They do sell physical items albeit it's just books.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:55 am

Iberian_Saiyan wrote:I wonder if they'll call it "Os Capítulos Finais" but knowing Brazil, they'll do their own thing (A Saga de Majin Boo) like with Kai 1.0 the narrator would always say "DRAGON BALL KAI" even though the opening clearly showed "Dragon Ball Z Kai". In Japan Kai 2.0 was referred as "Majin Boo Hen" which translates to "Majin Boo arc" so that would be perfectly fitting. One other thing, please air the episodes in HD than being cheapskates. :(

Always wanted to buy Kai 1.0 Brazilian DVD sets but never did because the distributor in charge would only sell within Brazil. Pretty pointless for Brazil to have their own Amazon when they can't sell physical items. :problem:

Edit: They do sell physical items albeit it's just books.
It was good that you didn't bought the Brazilian Kai DVD's because they were edited only and were cancelled after the Freeza arc.