Buu arc is coming to Brazil

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Buu arc is coming to Brazil

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:55 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:And Rodrigo Rossi confirmed that he sung the brazilian versions of "Fight it Out" and "Never Give Up".
Really?! Because I thought Toei has forbidden those songs of being dubbed in any place. That makes Brazil, and probably Latin America too, as an exception.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:23 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:And Rodrigo Rossi confirmed that he sung the brazilian versions of "Fight it Out" and "Never Give Up".
Really?! Because I thought Toei has forbidden those songs of being dubbed in any place. That makes Brazil, and probably Latin America too, as an exception.
Now I hope thus Brazillian Dub is in 5.1 Surround Sound.
To rip the unreleased Instrumentals of the OP/ED. Thanks Toei!

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:30 pm

simtek34 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Wasn't the english dub released in 5.1?

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 am

SaintEvolution wrote:
simtek34 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Wasn't the english dub released in 5.1?
Yeah, but I probably think that Toei provided the Companies, like FUNimation the Songs on their own, since nobody (Until Now) has/could Dub the Songs.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:03 am

SaintEvolution wrote:
It seems the rule is that since they have been sung in Engrish already by the Japanese artist that FUNi aren't allowed to dub them in English themselves, which is why Super OP1 one was in Engrish and wasn't dubbed by FUNi like ED1 or 2.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:57 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
It seems the rule is that since they have been sung in Engrish already by the Japanese artist that FUNi aren't allowed to dub them in English themselves, which is why Super OP1 one was in Engrish and wasn't dubbed by FUNi like ED1 or 2.
Well, actually Toei has forbidden more countries than only US to dub the songs. The catalan studio for example was forbidden of dubbing Fight it Out and Never Give Up too. The brazilian version having a dubbed opening surprises me a lot because of that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Well, actually Toei has forbidden more countries than only US to dub the songs. The catalan studio for example was forbidden of dubbing Fight it Out and Never Give Up too. The brazilian version having a dubbed opening surprises me a lot because of that.
Oh right well then it probably has to do with different Toei branches, maybe?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: It seems the rule is that since they have been sung in Engrish already by the Japanese artist that FUNi aren't allowed to dub them in English themselves, which is why Super OP1 one was in Engrish and wasn't dubbed by FUNi like ED1 or 2.
Oh right well then it probably has to do with different Toei branches, maybe?
I hadn't thought about it, but now, I think it's a possibility.

But anyway, I'm more excited now for Super dub. You know it's already being produced right? And bizarrely it will be broadcasted BEFORE The Final Chapters.
There is a thread for this in the DBS forum here on Kanzenshuu.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:36 am

SaintEvolution wrote:And bizarrely it will be broadcasted BEFORE The Final Chapters.
I thought the same thing. That's bizarre! :lol:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:30 pm

They finally broadcasted it. Differently from the Kai 1.0 dub, they kept most of the original Z cast, with exceptions of Cell, narrator, Android 16, King Kai(who was voiced by the same voice of the new movies and Super) and Krillin, at least in the first episode.

The songs Fight it Out and Never Give Up were also dubbed into portuguese language too.
Iberian_Saiyan wrote:I wonder if they'll call it "Os Capítulos Finais" but knowing Brazil, they'll do their own thing (A Saga de Majin Boo) like with Kai 1.0 the narrator would always say "DRAGON BALL KAI" even though the opening clearly showed "Dragon Ball Z Kai". In Japan Kai 2.0 was referred as "Majin Boo Hen" which translates to "Majin Boo arc" so that would be perfectly fitting. One other thing, please air the episodes in HD than being cheapskates. :(

Always wanted to buy Kai 1.0 Brazilian DVD sets but never did because the distributor in charge would only sell within Brazil. Pretty pointless for Brazil to have their own Amazon when they can't sell physical items. :problem:

Edit: They do sell physical items albeit it's just books.
Oh, just saying, the brazilian official title of DBZKai TFC became "Dragon Ball Z Kai: Episódios Finais", not "Os Capítulos Finais" or "A Saga de Majin Buu".

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:24 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:They finally broadcasted it. Differently from the Kai 1.0 dub, they kept most of the original Z cast, with exceptions of Cell, narrator, Android 16, King Kai(who was voiced by the same voice of the new movies and Super) and Krillin, at least in the first episode.

The songs Fight it Out and Never Give Up were also dubbed into portuguese language too.
Who replaced Luíz Laffey? Márcio Marconato or another actor?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Tian wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:They finally broadcasted it. Differently from the Kai 1.0 dub, they kept most of the original Z cast, with exceptions of Cell, narrator, Android 16, King Kai(who was voiced by the same voice of the new movies and Super) and Krillin, at least in the first episode.

Another actor, but I didn't recognized who.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 pm

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 pm

The instrumentals are oddly different. Not really Fight it Out as much but the beginning of Never Give Up sounds a bit different. I wonder if this means that Toei doesn't have the instrumentals anymore. They sound like they've been mixed better than the Spanish opening and ending (which I believe used the same instrumentals as this one), although that could've been the video quality that made it sound bad

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:19 am

So I've watched it. I guess I'll keep watching to see how the new voices are. I think I only disliked that ugly font they used for credits and episode title. The dub was ok except for some secondary characters. Sigma not only did a decent job, but far better than BKS

Would be an utopia wanting Kai to be redubbed, right?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:47 pm

Tian wrote:

I already know the actor who replaced Luiz Laffey, it was Henrique Canales. I think Sigma wasn't wanting to repeat the recasts from BKS in Kai 1.0, so, even their recasts are different from the ones before.

And seeing the episode 2, Kid Trunks is being voiced by Daniel Figueira, who is currently voicing Kyabe in the Super dub.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:So I've watched it. I guess I'll keep watching to see how the new voices are. I think I only disliked that ugly font they used for credits and episode title. The dub was ok except for some secondary characters. Sigma not only did a decent job, but far better than BKS

Would be an utopia wanting Kai to be redubbed, right?
Just saying, but do a better job than BKS isn't that difficult, hahaha.

Also, I find the episode 2 preview and the prologue in Youtube a few minutes ago:

Episode 2 Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKndSzeXGRs
Prologue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBpDP3q3N1w

I liked it, except for Fátima Noya's screams in the prologue. She didn't put all the effort she could and I don't know why, since she did some great screams in the past.
But the rest is pretty good, even the replaced voices. Henrique Canales(Android 16) and Roberto Garcia(Cell) were good casting choices.

The preview also has the VA's names and staff credited at the end. It was revealed by it that Raquel Marinho(Chichi) is an ADR Director of the dub too, alongside with Silvio Giraldi.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 am

And I have to say that is really at the same time embarrassing and funny to see some fans complaining about the opening not being a dubbed version of Kuu Zen Zetsu Go and saying bizarre things like "this american censored opening is really shit", referring to Fight it Out. Some fans can be really uninformed and ignorant some times...

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 pm

It's unfortunate, because Rodrigo Rossi has a really kickass voice in these songs and in the other songs I've heard him sing in, but the mixing for these songs was not very well done. His voice needed to be mixed much louder, with perhaps a little bit of compression and reverb for good measure. The way it's mixed here, it just sounds like he's singing too far away from a microphone that's barely aimed at him.

And it's especially weird considering how well done the mix is for the Brazilian Portuguese dub of ED 1 in Super (also sung by Rossi).
SSGSS Goku wrote:The instrumentals are oddly different. Not really Fight it Out as much but the beginning of Never Give Up sounds a bit different. I wonder if this means that Toei doesn't have the instrumentals anymore.
That can happen sometimes with dubs. It's not especially common, but every once in a while dubbing companies will get slightly different instrumental tracks for dubbing songs. For example, in "Soldier Dream," the second opening for Saint Seiya, the original version just has Hironobu Kageyama singing with the occasional chorus in the background, but for the Latino Spanish dub of the song, the chorus is gone and replaced with an electric guitar track that plays throughout underneath the vocals (that wasn't in the original version). It's subtle, but it's noticeable.

I'm not sure why this is, maybe some instrumental tracks just aren't available for dubbing. *shrug*
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 pm

So, I was watching episode 8 now and I saw that some of the lines from the TFS version of the Cell Games Reenactment (but not all) were in the brazilian dub!