"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:00 am

Does anybody know the name of the track that plays when Goku defeats Boo with the Spirit Bomb?

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:29 am

OLKv3 wrote:Does anybody know the name of the track that plays when Goku defeats Boo with the Spirit Bomb?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRuvCp6yibg

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:24 am

DHM211 wrote:I had some free time so I messed around with the 5.1 surround sound on the final set.

Heres the hell scene with Cell's actual english voice actor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUboi9 ... e=youtu.be

And here Goku leaving with Uub with the soundtrack that played in every version except the American release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icvHMIo ... e=youtu.be
Here's Goku's initial fight with Kid Buu with the music that played in ever version but the American release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74KP0Gt ... e=youtu.be
Unlike Flows Cha la placement, I'm really happy that let it burn was placed during this scene for Funi's release.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:08 pm

DHM211 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Does anybody know the name of the track that plays when Goku defeats Boo with the Spirit Bomb?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRuvCp6yibg
Thanks! I absolutely love that track and it fits the Death of Boo so well

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Finally finished my re-watch of the first run of Kai yesterday, so now I'm finally getting to checking out 'The Final Chapters' at last. Should be fun to re-visit this arc with a newer dub.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ThroughDeadlyWaters

Post by ThroughDeadlyWaters » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:04 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:Part 3 Corrected Audio has been uploaded! You'll find all the corrected episodes here: https://mega.nz/#F!DIMmEBSK!RIQvqHnYAQfGMRgIU6MvXg
Can I get the links to the other 2 batches? I didn't download them.
Edit: Nevermind.
Also, did the first 13 episodes not have the audio mixing problems?
Nope, the sound effects in those episodes are fine. I think some people had issues with the sound effects being too loud and drowning out dialogue in places, but that's about it.
So, what exactly is causing the audio problem, and how were you able to fix it? I've noticed it and it's incredibly fucking annoying.

By the way, thank you for taking the time to fix it and upload it. Now I can fully enjoy Kai TFC :)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 pm

ThroughDeadlyWaters wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:
Scsigs wrote: Can I get the links to the other 2 batches? I didn't download them.
Edit: Nevermind.
Also, did the first 13 episodes not have the audio mixing problems?
Nope, the sound effects in those episodes are fine. I think some people had issues with the sound effects being too loud and drowning out dialogue in places, but that's about it.
So, what exactly is causing the audio problem, and how were you able to fix it? I've noticed it and it's incredibly fucking annoying.

By the way, thank you for taking the time to fix it and upload it. Now I can fully enjoy Kai TFC :)
It was two sound effect channels being out of sync, so when downmixed back into stereo, it caused the soundwaves to interfere with each other, making it sound muffled.

I'm glad you noticed too, because when I thought it was very distracting, lots of people accused me of "bitching" and "nitpicking". While I can kind of tolerate it now (I eventually want to make replacement discs for myself with Omega's fix, but I have no idea how to do so), it's still annoying that it even happened.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

ThroughDeadlyWaters

Post by ThroughDeadlyWaters » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:21 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:

It was two sound effect channels being out of sync, so when downmixed back into stereo, it caused the soundwaves to interfere with each other, making it sound muffled.

I'm glad you noticed too, because when I thought it was very distracting, lots of people accused me of "bitching" and "nitpicking". While I can kind of tolerate it now (I eventually want to make replacement discs for myself with Omega's fix, but I have no idea how to do so), it's still annoying that it even happened.
Yeah, it's very noticeable. I was going to buy The Final Chapters, but after noticing that something was off with the audio, I decided to torrent it. If FUNimation is going to half-ass their audio, I'm not gonna pay for their product. And for the record, I bought all Kai seasons prior to TFC. If they decide to release a fixed version then I'll purchase it.

Anyways, I'm curious how OmegaRockman was able to fix the problem. It seems like he'd be doing a lot of converting between audio formats to get down to the core issue and fix it. He did a good job, I just wonder if it ends up lowering the overall audio quality(if it does, I haven't noticed it yet).

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:37 am

ThroughDeadlyWaters wrote:Anyways, I'm curious how OmegaRockman was able to fix the problem. It seems like he'd be doing a lot of converting between audio formats to get down to the core issue and fix it. He did a good job, I just wonder if it ends up lowering the overall audio quality(if it does, I haven't noticed it yet).
From what I understand, all he had to do was properly align the tracks.
Retired.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:51 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ThroughDeadlyWaters wrote:Anyways, I'm curious how OmegaRockman was able to fix the problem. It seems like he'd be doing a lot of converting between audio formats to get down to the core issue and fix it. He did a good job, I just wonder if it ends up lowering the overall audio quality(if it does, I haven't noticed it yet).
From what I understand, all he had to do was properly align the tracks.
Yeah, all I did was convert the audio from each episode to WAVE format, threw them into Vegas Movie Studio, realign the center audio as best I could, and export them as .ac3 files. I apologize if there was any quality loss, though. I by no means proclaim to be an expert or professional at this stuff (I mostly learn from video tutorials and trial and error, so there may be things I miss), so if I messed it up I apologize. However, the audio sounds pretty good to me and it seems that you guys agree, so I suppose I did okay, haha. If someone with more experience comes along and does it better, though, that's cool, too! I'm just doing what I can with the knowledge I have to fix the issues that bug me, and I'm glad that my fixes can help you guys, too.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:49 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
So, what exactly is causing the audio problem, and how were you able to fix it? I've noticed it and it's incredibly ####### annoying.

I'm glad you noticed too, because when I thought it was very distracting, lots of people accused me of "########" and "nitpicking". While I can kind of tolerate it now (I eventually want to make replacement discs for myself with Omega's fix, but I have no idea how to do so), it's still annoying that it even happened.
Yeah, it's very noticeable. I was going to buy The Final Chapters, but after noticing that something was off with the audio, I decided to torrent it. If FUNimation is going to half-### their audio, I'm not gonna pay for their product. And for the record, I bought all Kai seasons prior to TFC. If they decide to release a fixed version then I'll purchase it.

Anyways, I'm curious how OmegaRockman was able to fix the problem. It seems like he'd be doing a lot of converting between audio formats to get down to the core issue and fix it. He did a good job, I just wonder if it ends up lowering the overall audio quality(if it does, I haven't noticed it yet).
Well, according to Chris Sabat, he has been informed and will tell FUNimation. It will probably be fixed soon

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:22 am

simtek34 wrote:Well, according to Chris Sabat, he has been informed and will tell FUNimation. It will probably be fixed soon
Will there be any way to know which sets have the fixed audio ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:29 am

sintzu wrote:
simtek34 wrote:Well, according to Chris Sabat, he has been informed and will tell FUNimation. It will probably be fixed soon
I don't know. What I think will most likely happen is either, they issue replacement discs and fix future printings, or they make Kai TFC Season Sets.

Guess what it will 99% likely be.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Regular — 02/05/2017

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 pm

simtek34 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I don't know. What I think will most likely happen is either, they issue replacement discs and fix future printings, or they make Kai TFC Season Sets.

Guess what it will 99% likely be.
Presumably it will be replacement discs and further printings.

But since I am from the UK and imported them ain't gonna get replacement discs, but it is fine doesn't bother me tbh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:38 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Presumably it will be replacement discs and further printings.
This is just the muffled up sound issue right ? or is there something else now ? Regardless, do you think the copies amazon will have by December will be fixed ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Does this fixed audio effect at all what I'm doing with my cut? Or am i fine since I took out the center tack only anyway?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:40 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Does this fixed audio effect at all what I'm doing with my cut? Or am i fine since I took out the center tack only anyway?
If you're only using the center track you should be fine.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:45 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:Does this fixed audio effect at all what I'm doing with my cut? Or am i fine since I took out the center tack only anyway?
If you're only using the center track you should be fine.
Cool, with all the work I put into it I'm happy to know that thanks!

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:52 am

i just have a question about this released

i know that the funimation released have differrent bgm placement and the use of insert song so i would like to know if someone know exactly how many episodes have differrent bgm placement? and which one please?
thanks

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:i just have a question about this released

i know that the funimation released have differrent bgm placement and the use of insert song so i would like to know if someone know exactly how many episodes have differrent bgm placement? and which one please?
thanks
Episode 158 features the "Let it Burn" Insert Song when SS2 Goku fights Pure Boo
Episode 167 features the English version of FLOW's "Cha-La-Head-Cha-La" when Goku and Oob fly away

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Regular — 02/05/2017