"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NinjaGoku
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by NinjaGoku » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:42 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:For those wondering, Let It Burn is on the Japanese track.
What about Flow's Cha La?

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:46 am

NinjaGoku wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:For those wondering, Let It Burn is on the Japanese track.
What about Flow's Cha La?
It is also on the Japanese track.

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:28 am

ErikB wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
gregorthegame wrote:Not sure if this has been said but... they actually spell "Vegetto" right and not "Vegito" like the old dub... thank god!
"Oob" was also retained, as opposed to "Uub", or so I've heard. I'm curious as to whether these are oversights or conscious changes.
Huh. I noticed "Vegetto" and was pretty happy to see it. But they are still using "Buu," so for the sake of consistency, I would prefer they stuck with "Uub."
You misunderstood, I was very happy they fixed the Vegetto spelling! I did not like the Vegito spelling. And I agree for the sake of consistency they should stick with Uub.
PS3 ID: GregorTheGame

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:Do you guys think that Funimation will ever release a season set version of The Final Chapters?
Unlikely, Season sets are basically repackaged parts hence why Disc 2 of all Season Sets only had a few episodes on it, FUNi would have to split Buu Kai into two Seasons of 34 and 35 episodes however that would also mean that FUNi would have to re-author discs which defeats the whole purpose of collections/seasons. These parts are the season sets just not the name so I wouldn't expect them too, no.
Since the current Kai TFC Blu-ray/DVD's have 23 episodes per set, while average FUNimation "Seasons" are about 26 episodes, the only way I would see a Kai TFC Season set is if they repackage the Parts sets, no difference, but with new packaging that says Season and matches the Old Kai Season Sets. But why would they do that?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Season sets are basically repackaged parts hence why Disc 2 of all Season Sets only had a few episodes on it, FUNi would have to split Buu Kai into two Seasons of 34 and 35 episodes however that would also mean that FUNi would have to re-author discs which defeats the whole purpose of collections/seasons.
They re-authored the discs for Fullmetal Alchemist 2009/Brotherhood's collection sets, so it's not unheard of. I definitely don't see them doing the same for Kai, though. Now that all three parts are out, I only see Super on the horizon.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Season sets are basically repackaged parts hence why Disc 2 of all Season Sets only had a few episodes on it, FUNi would have to split Buu Kai into two Seasons of 34 and 35 episodes however that would also mean that FUNi would have to re-author discs which defeats the whole purpose of collections/seasons.
They re-authored the discs for Fullmetal Alchemist 2009/Brotherhood's collection sets, so it's not unheard of. I definitely don't see them doing the same for Kai, though. Now that all three parts are out, I only see Super on the horizon.
That is interesting, how many episodes where in FUNi parts and then Collection for FMA? MangaUK basically repackaged the FMA parts into sets, so kind of odd FUNi did that.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:That is interesting, how many episodes where in FUNi parts and then Collection for FMA? MangaUK basically repackaged the FMA parts into sets, so kind of odd FUNi did that.
The "Part" sets were 5 sets of 13 episodes each, with the exception of Part 5, which was 12 episodes. They later released two "Complete Collection" sets, the first with episodes 1-33, and the second with episodes 34-64 (33 and 31 split).

I imagine the reason they re-authored the discs as opposed to splitting Part 3 in half was to have a matching episode count between the DVD and Blu-ray releases, since their Blu-rays typically have more episodes on the first disc than on the DVDs.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

UltraPerfectCellZ

Post by UltraPerfectCellZ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Just wondering if anyone has corrected the audio for part 3? Still baffled how Funimation missed this.
Proudly lurking the forums since '09

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:22 am

UltraPerfectCellZ wrote:Just wondering if anyone has corrected the audio for part 3? Still baffled how Funimation missed this.
Ah crap. I corrected it but completely forgot to upload it. I'll have it up soon, I promise.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

UltraPerfectCellZ

Post by UltraPerfectCellZ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 am

OmegaRockman wrote:
UltraPerfectCellZ wrote:Just wondering if anyone has corrected the audio for part 3? Still baffled how Funimation missed this.
Ah crap. I corrected it but completely forgot to upload it. I'll have it up soon, I promise.
Many thanks mate! At long last, Kai is complete.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:19 am

Part 3 Corrected Audio has been uploaded! You'll find all the corrected episodes here: https://mega.nz/#F!DIMmEBSK!RIQvqHnYAQfGMRgIU6MvXg

My YouTube

UltraPerfectCellZ

Post by UltraPerfectCellZ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:07 am

OmegaRockman wrote:Part 3 Corrected Audio has been uploaded! You'll find all the corrected episodes here: https://mega.nz/#F!DIMmEBSK!RIQvqHnYAQfGMRgIU6MvXg
Excellent, cheers man :thumbup:.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:17 am

Can someone tell me what's wrong with the audio ? I watch my blurays on ps4 so it anything that'll ruin the experience ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:20 am

sintzu wrote:Can someone tell me what's wrong with the audio ? I watch my blurays on ps4 so it anything that'll ruin the experience ?
After episode 112, the sound effects sound somewhat muffled. Personally, I don't notice it when watching it on my TV, but when watching it on my computer its pretty noticeable.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:22 am

DHM211 wrote:After episode 112, the sound effects sound somewhat muffled. Personally, I don't notice it when watching it on my TV, but when watching it on my computer its pretty noticeable.
Thank god that's all it is. It shouldn't be like that but I thought it was something worse like the voices not matching the mouth movements.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:08 am

I had some free time so I messed around with the 5.1 surround sound on the final set.

Heres the hell scene with Cell's actual english voice actor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUboi9 ... e=youtu.be

And here Goku leaving with Uub with the soundtrack that played in every version except the American release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icvHMIo ... e=youtu.be

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:Part 3 Corrected Audio has been uploaded! You'll find all the corrected episodes here: https://mega.nz/#F!DIMmEBSK!RIQvqHnYAQfGMRgIU6MvXg
Can I get the links to the other 2 batches? I didn't download them.
Edit: Nevermind.
Also, did the first 13 episodes not have the audio mixing problems?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Can I get the links to the other 2 batches? I didn't download them.
Edit: Nevermind.
Also, did the first 13 episodes not have the audio mixing problems?
Nope, the sound effects in those episodes are fine. I think some people had issues with the sound effects being too loud and drowning out dialogue in places, but that's about it.

My YouTube

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Hey, guys. I wanted to post this right before I went to work, so I won't be able to respond for several hours, but I am going to be doing my own fan project to edit Dragon Box footage of Z to the Kai dub. I'm just having a problem finding Blu-Ray masters for the first 98 episodes & episodes 99-112 for the audio, so if anyone can send me a link to find them, I'd be much obliged. I mainly want the openings, endings, eye catches, & audio from them, since I own the home releases, but can't rip them because I don't have the available tech, so I'd love to get them from someone if I can. I can maybe find some of these online, but I want a surefire way of having them on my hard drives.
Anyways, I quickly edited together this quick clip of the TFS version of the Cell Games reenactment to Dragon Box footage. Let me know what yu guys think. I may have gotten some of the timings on the parts of the clip wrong for the footage, but I think it turned out really well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoXsxQskEng
Thanks for any feedback, guys. I might make a whole thread for this if I want more consistent feedback.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Commenting on the video would probably be the best way of communication.