"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Ok so only 2 change thanks à lot

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:12 am

So .....

when is the uk release ?
My English is poor .

Emiliow

Post by Emiliow » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:02 pm

It seems that there are no news of a UK release right now but they are being released by Madman in Australia, so you can import them since they are also region B. That's what I plan to do.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:So .....

when is the uk release ?
No plans as of now... blame Toei Europe, Kai 1.0 sold poorly here because it came out so late compared to Aus and U.S and both were region B so if anyone that wanted to probably imported and now it is similar situation with Super, Aus and U.S have started releasing Super and no signs of it coming here anytime soon.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:53 am

Amazon hasn't had part 1 in stock for a while, did Funimation pull it to fix those sound issues ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:19 pm

sintzu wrote:Amazon hasn't had part 1 in stock for a while, did Funimation pull it to fix those sound issues ?
They still have it in stock on DVD, so I doubt it. Unless I'm wrong, that issue was present on both the Blu-ray and DVD.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:08 pm

All 3 parts are on Amazon for 30$ each which is the best price yet so if anyone's been waiting for a good deal, this is probably as good as it'll get.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:11 pm

This has probably been asked before, but will TFC get Season Sets like OG Kai did? Relatedly, how long did it take for OG Kai's Season Sets to come out after the initial Collections?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:58 pm

KBABZ wrote:This has probably been asked before, but will TFC get Season Sets like OG Kai did? Relatedly, how long did it take for OG Kai's Season Sets to come out after the initial Collections?
The only way I can see there being season sets is if there were one less disc, like if they put more episodes on some discs, so there'd be 4 discs per set. Since there are 9 discs rather than 8, it'd be incredibly off to have 5 sets of 4 discs & 1 of 5 at the end. Plus, it'd go against there being 7 sets in total from the seasons & TFC's part sets. While I don't think that's an official rule for them, it kinda seems like a motivating factor behind having 3 part sets instead of 4 or something.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Scsigs wrote:
KBABZ wrote:This has probably been asked before, but will TFC get Season Sets like OG Kai did? Relatedly, how long did it take for OG Kai's Season Sets to come out after the initial Collections?
The only way I can see there being season sets is if there were one less disc, like if they put more episodes on some discs, so there'd be 4 discs per set. Since there are 9 discs rather than 8, it'd be incredibly off to have 5 sets of 4 discs & 1 of 5 at the end. Plus, it'd go against there being 7 sets in total from the seasons & TFC's part sets. While I don't think that's an official rule for them, it kinda seems like a motivating factor behind having 3 part sets instead of 4 or something.
That sucks, I've kinda been holding out getting TFC on Blu-Ray until a Collection comes out.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 am

It is strange to have TFC be the same amount of sets as the Buu arc of DBZ though...

Anyways I've been watching some of the dub of TFC on Adult Swim (I have not watched any of the dub yet of the rest of Kai) and I am amazed at how much of an improvement it is.

On my commute to work I am also rewatching some of the original dub of Buu so the comparison is fresh in my mind. I actually think Funi's dub improved as it went on. The acting is not bad in the Buu arc in my opinion but some of the dialog choices were atrocious. Kai is a big improvement in that regard and the acting is even better. I'm really impressed.

Sadly though the new musical score ruins it. I know they were forced to go back to Kikuchi in the first part of Kai. If only they had stuck with him for the Buu arc too.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:09 am

It probably won't. Not only because of the uneven disc number but that the parts have the same episode count as the seasons do.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 am

So, after watching all of Kai and the first set of TFC again with my Dad, I'd have to say that despite the messed up sound effects in the second half of the first set and the rest of the series, I'll take that over the extremely loud music and sound effects in the first two discs of the first TFC set. I had come right off of the first Kai, and the sound effects were a bit loud there even, but the first two discs of TFC really drown out the voices when music or sound effects are playing, and on the episodes with the muffled sound effects, the voices are mixed in louder, so sound effects and music aren't so loud, and I can understand everyone clearly.

Honestly, the muffled sound effects don't even bother me much anymore, and I don't want to wait for corrected sets that might have the music and sound effects way too loud again, so I'll probably go ahead and get the rest of Kai so that I can watch it with my Dad.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 am

Kinokima wrote:It is strange to have TFC be the same amount of sets as the Buu arc of DBZ though...
The Kai cut of the Buu Saga isn't even 30 episodes shorter than the original Z version, so that's to be expected, if you ask me.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 am

Anybody know if the audio has been fixed?
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:30 am

I would like to know as well. I sent a support ticket to Funimation and they said they were not aware of any problems...it's like they didn't bother to test their product. It's such a simple thing for them to catch and fix...its so aggravating.
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 am

Tylerman29 wrote:I would like to know as well. I sent a support ticket to Funimation and they said they were not aware of any problems...it's like they didn't bother to test their product. It's such a simple thing for them to catch and fix...its so aggravating.
Shout! Factory said a similar thing on Twitter when I brought up the fact that the Kiki's Delivery Service dub STILL sounds like the actors are talking through fans for some reason. Why can't companies just admit to fuck-ups on this level?

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:32 am

I agree. I'd love to have replacement discs now that I'm watching it. I tried to ask through twitter but to no response. Didn't Sabat acknowledge the issue?
EDIT: Just sent in a complaint to them asking about replacement discs, they got back to me saying that they're aware of the issue and are working on getting it fixed and will get back to me once the issue is resolved XD

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 am

Tobi555 wrote:I agree. I'd love to have replacement discs now that I'm watching it. I tried to ask through twitter but to no response. Didn't Sabat acknowledge the issue?
EDIT: Just sent in a complaint to them asking about replacement discs, they got back to me saying that they're aware of the issue and are working on getting it fixed and will get back to me once the issue is resolved XD
What really? Man i hope they actually do it
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:45 am

Bruma rabu wrote: What really? Man i hope they actually do it
Yea I hope so to. I'm gonna hold em to it :) Kinda surprised they even gave me that response XD