"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Tylerman29 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

It's weird they gave use different responses..maybe my request prompted them to actually check..if they get back to you about replacement discs please let us know.
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:37 am

Tylerman29 wrote:It's weird they gave use different responses..maybe my request prompted them to actually check..if they get back to you about replacement discs please let us know.
For sure, Kanzenshuu will be the first to know when they get back to me :)

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:19 am

Hey guys have funimation fixed the audio issues with parts 1 and 2 of TFC? I've put off buying these sets for a while now due to those audio issues.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:28 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Hey guys have funimation fixed the audio issues with parts 1 and 2 of TFC? I've put off buying these sets for a while now due to those audio issues.
No. They've already released the sets. They're not doing a disc replacement program or anything.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Scsigs wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:Hey guys have funimation fixed the audio issues with parts 1 and 2 of TFC? I've put off buying these sets for a while now due to those audio issues.
No. They've already released the sets. They're not doing a disc replacement program or anything.

Damn that's a shame. FUnimation always finds a way to screw up a DBZ home release.

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:30 pm

I'm guessing newer printings of these sets havn't fixed the audio issues? I would totally re-buy them if it was fixed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svyyf3 ... e=youtu.be

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Tylerman29 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:30 pm I'm guessing newer printings of these sets havn't fixed the audio issues? I would totally re-buy them if it was fixed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svyyf3 ... e=youtu.be
Well I bought and returned a couple used copies of part 3 because I was curious and yep..same issue (no guarantee they are new prints buuut who knows). Can anyone who has bought them recently tell me if they still have the issue?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 am

Hi. I was wondering if all prints of this released with a slipcover. Do later runs have it?

I'm thinking about ordering from Amazon but fear they will ship me a BR without one.

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:43 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 am Hi. I was wondering if all prints of this released with a slipcover. Do later runs have it?

I'm thinking about ordering from Amazon but fear they will ship me a BR without one.
I ordered Part 3 of The Final Chapters last week on Amazon and when I received it, it did indeed come with a slipcover. If it's listed as new then it should have one. Hope this helps.

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Chilly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:43 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 am Hi. I was wondering if all prints of this released with a slipcover. Do later runs have it?

I ordered Part 3 of The Final Chapters last week on Amazon and when I received it, it did indeed come with a slipcover. If it's listed as new then it should have one. Hope this helps.
How was the dub audio track? Does it still have a bad sound mix? You can tell the difference by switching dub to sub for comparison. The sound effects will be muffled.

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Tylerman29 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:04 pm

How was the dub audio track? Does it still have a bad sound mix? You can tell the difference by switching dub to sub for comparison. The sound effects will be muffled.
I haven't watched it yet actually. I received it in the mail yesterday, but I've been busy with work and school I have not had the time quite yet. While I know there are audio issues with TFC, I'm not too familiar with the exact moment where the audio is muffled. I will have to get back to you on that. Do you have a specific scene you want me to check?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Tylerman29 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Which dub has issues?

Guess I'll risk it. I can't return it if I don't get one so hopefully I don't get screwed.

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:47 pm

I haven't watched it yet actually. I received it in the mail yesterday, but I've been busy with work and school I have not had the time quite yet. While I know there are audio issues with TFC, I'm not too familiar with the exact moment where the audio is muffled. I will have to get back to you on that. Do you have a specific scene you want me to check?
It is pretty much the entirety of the final chapters as far as I know. I think maybe the first few episodes of part 1 is fine but literally all of part 2 and 3 are borked.
ZombieVito wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:38 pmWhich dub has issues?

Guess I'll risk it. I can't return it if I don't get one so hopefully I don't get screwed.
It's the funimation english track.

Here is an example of what I mean . Altough its far more noticeable in your own setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svyyf3 ... e=youtu.be

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Tylerman29 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:47 pm

It is pretty much the entirety of the final chapters as far as I know. I think maybe the first few episodes of part 1 is fine but literally all of part 2 and 3 are borked.

Here is an example of what I mean . Altough its far more noticeable in your own setup.
Thank god it isn't the Japanese one.

When I get it I'll check this out.

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 am

Tylerman29 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:47 pm

@Tylerman29

Okay, so just to preface this I am not a professional audio engineer or anything of the sort but to MY ears the sound effects still sound muffled. Not quite as bad as what I heard in that YouTube clip, but it's noticeable. Also, I thought it might be important to point out that the VOICES/voice actors sound clear to me. You guys might say otherwise.

After watching an episode, I did not find the sound effects too distracting after a while. This release is not perfect, but I'm satisfied with it (green tint and all). I don't expect Funi or Toei to change this so I just picked up the three TFC releases as is. Take that as you will.

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:51 am

@Tylerman29

Okay, so just to preface this I am not a professional audio engineer or anything of the sort but to MY ears the sound effects still sound muffled. Not quite as bad as what I heard in that YouTube clip, but it's noticeable. Also, I thought it might be important to point out that the VOICES/voice actors sound clear to me. You guys might say otherwise.

After watching an episode, I did not find the sound effects too distracting after a while. This release is not perfect, but I'm satisfied with it (green tint and all). I don't expect Funi or Toei to change this so I just picked up the three TFC releases as is. Take that as you will.
Oh well, that's what I figured. I don't think they have any intention on fixing it because the average consumer wouldn't notice or care. Maybe on a complete Kai collectors edition 5-10 years down the line maybe. The voices and music are good its just the power ups/attacks/debris falling etc. Also I found that turning my tv's color temp to 'normal" made the green tint barely noticeable...buut it still looks off so I stick with warm.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Not always. I ordered the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood movie from Amazon new a few years ago & it didn't have it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 am

What opening theme does the US releases have? The Japanese one or that weird Engrish one the international airings had?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:01 pm

The Engrish one. Kuu Zen Zetsu Go and the associated ending themes are only part of the Japanese TV cut. Everywhere else got the International cut with Fight It Out and Never Give Up. Incidentally, the only dubs to actually dub Fight It Out and Never Give Up are the Latino Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese dubs, at least AFAIK.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Not always. I ordered the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood movie from Amazon new a few years ago & it didn't have it.
Sacred Star of Milos? In any case, that's rather odd. Not sure why they wouldn't include it. Really sucks to hear that though.