"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
DHM211
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by DHM211 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 pm

dragonballhero wrote:Excuse me, but does the ending to The Final Chapters use a sort of "clip-show" ending going over the entirety of events that occurred in it (and the series as a whole) like how Kai 1.0 did after Future Trunks returned to his timeline, or do they just use the scenes we saw in EoZ (Like Goten vs. Pan, Master Roshi perving, Mr. Satan, Buu, and Bee just chilling, etc.)?
Its the exact same ending that Z had, nothing was changed.

User avatar
dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 pm

DHM211 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:Excuse me, but does the ending to The Final Chapters use a sort of "clip-show" ending going over the entirety of events that occurred in it (and the series as a whole) like how Kai 1.0 did after Future Trunks returned to his timeline, or do they just use the scenes we saw in EoZ (Like Goten vs. Pan, Master Roshi perving, Mr. Satan, Buu, and Bee just chilling, etc.)?
Its the exact same ending that Z had, nothing was changed.
Oh, I see. Thanks!

User avatar
dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Sorry for the double post, but one more question. Which version of Cha-La Head Cha-La is used? FLOW or Kageyama? Don't get me wrong, I love FLOW's version, but I will always ADORE Kageyama's OG take of that song.

User avatar
Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 am
Location: Brazil

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:34 pm

I don't know if I'm a fan of Cha-La playing. If it were at least Kageyama's version...
But Let It Burn was a huge surprise! I remember when the french OST was released and many people were trying to guess were the song would play

Also, the 'Goku' track (the song that played in the original japanese/french Goku's leaving with Oob) played anytime in the american version? I remember it played only twice in the japanese airing: when Goku's announce he will come back to the tournament and in the final scene. This track is getting some justice in Super at least

User avatar
DHM211
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by DHM211 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:03 pm

dragonballhero wrote:Sorry for the double post, but one more question. Which version of Cha-La Head Cha-La is used? FLOW or Kageyama? Don't get me wrong, I love FLOW's version, but I will always ADORE Kageyama's OG take of that song.
The English version of FLOW's Cha la head cha la.

User avatar
dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:06 pm

DHM211 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:Sorry for the double post, but one more question. Which version of Cha-La Head Cha-La is used? FLOW or Kageyama? Don't get me wrong, I love FLOW's version, but I will always ADORE Kageyama's OG take of that song.
The English version of FLOW's Cha la head cha la.
Thank you! Still, I hope someone could do an edit of this scene in which Kageyama's version was used instead. I'd really like to see that.

User avatar
gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: Philly, PA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by gregorthegame » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:15 am

Not sure if this has been said but... they actually spell "Vegetto" right and not "Vegito" like the old dub... thank god!
PS3 ID: GregorTheGame

User avatar
DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:41 am

For those wondering, Let It Burn is on the Japanese track.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:38 am

gregorthegame wrote:Not sure if this has been said but... they actually spell "Vegetto" right and not "Vegito" like the old dub... thank god!
"Oob" was also retained, as opposed to "Uub", or so I've heard. I'm curious as to whether these are oversights or conscious changes.
Retired.

User avatar
ErikB
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:23 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by ErikB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
gregorthegame wrote:Not sure if this has been said but... they actually spell "Vegetto" right and not "Vegito" like the old dub... thank god!
"Oob" was also retained, as opposed to "Uub", or so I've heard. I'm curious as to whether these are oversights or conscious changes.
Huh. I noticed "Vegetto" and was pretty happy to see it. But they are still using "Buu," so for the sake of consistency, I would prefer they stuck with "Uub."

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 pm

The dub is all around amazing. My favorite part is when Goku told Vegeta how Buu absorbed everyone before they fused.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
KonohaKillas
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by KonohaKillas » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Does anyone know when this will be available for digital purchase?

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:02 pm

KonohaKillas wrote:Does anyone know when this will be available for digital purchase?
It took the original Kai a few years before it was released on Amazon so maybe that's how long it'll take them to get it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Twin Cities, MN)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by simtek34 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
KonohaKillas wrote:Does anyone know when this will be available for digital purchase?
It took the original Kai a few years before it was released on Amazon so maybe that's how long it'll take them to get it.
Another odd thing is that Kai isn't even on FUNimationNow! FUNi's own streaming service has practically all their shows but Kai. I even tried emailing FUNi Support, but got one of those auto-messages.

[spoiler]Hello Simon,

Thank you for contacting Funimation Support. We appreciate your business.

Sadly, we have not made any announcements about episodes of "Dragon Ball Z Kai" becoming available for streaming at this time. This is why you're unable to view this title on the Funimation apps.

Please continue to visit our site at http://www.Funimation.com/blog/ as we will post all new information there first!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you!
Kimberly
Funimation Support
ref:_00D15N3ZQ._50015ZDbZD:ref[/spoiler]
Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm

simtek34 wrote:Another odd thing is that Kai isn't even on FUNimationNow! FUNi's own streaming service has practically all their shows but Kai. I even tried emailing FUNi Support, but got one of those auto-messages.
The only thing I can think of is that they don't think many people will watch it. If it was new I'd say they want the home video sales to be as high as possible but its been years since the original Kai was released so I doubt that's the reason.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
JEFFMAN219
Regular
Posts: 628
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:06 am

Do you guys think that Funimation will ever release a season set version of The Final Chapters?

User avatar
SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1457
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 am

Is there any difference done to the video for the DVD and Blu-Ray sets? Or are they both the same, aside from one being DVD and one Blu-Ray?

(Like how the original Z Kai sets were done in widescreen and 4:3)
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

User avatar
DHM211
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by DHM211 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:22 am

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Is there any difference done to the video for the DVD and Blu-Ray sets? Or are they both the same, aside from one being DVD and one Blu-Ray?

(Like how the original Z Kai sets were done in widescreen and 4:3)
The 4:3 and 16:19 difference was a Japan only thing. In America both DVD and Bluray were in 4:3.

Anyway for Kai TFC both are in 16:19.

User avatar
SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1457
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:05 am

DHM211 wrote:
SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Is there any difference done to the video for the DVD and Blu-Ray sets? Or are they both the same, aside from one being DVD and one Blu-Ray?

(Like how the original Z Kai sets were done in widescreen and 4:3)
The 4:3 and 16:19 difference was a Japan only thing. In America both DVD and Bluray were in 4:3.

Anyway for Kai TFC both are in 16:19.
Oh, I don't know where I thought that the American releases were different in DVD and Blu-Ray. Ah well.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:13 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Do you guys think that Funimation will ever release a season set version of The Final Chapters?
Unlikely, Season sets are basically repackaged parts hence why Disc 2 of all Season Sets only had a few episodes on it, FUNi would have to split Buu Kai into two Seasons of 34 and 35 episodes however that would also mean that FUNi would have to re-author discs which defeats the whole purpose of collections/seasons. These parts are the season sets just not the name so I wouldn't expect them too, no.

Post Reply