MangaUK announce TFC for UK!

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: MangaUK announce TFC for UK!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:28 am

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:57 am I finally decided to get the UK release of TFC, as all 3 parts are currently £15 on zavvi.

I'd imported the US release a few months before Manga UK announced theirs, but I still wanted the UK release for consistency with my Kai 1.0 blu-rays, and I just like supporting the UK releases.

I've had the urge to rewatch Kai for awhile now, so I'll probably get on that after my current Z rewatch.
I'm in the same boat. I felt lucky enough to make back enough from selling my US Final Chapters Blu-Rays to pay for the UK ones when they were on sale, but having them look better on the shelf with my UK Kai 1.0 Blu-Rays was an added bonus. I'm still missing the UK seasons 3 and 4 (have the US Blu-Rays for them) but hoping I'll be able to get them in a sale or as a Christmas present.

Interestingly, this release of The Final Chapters (at least the Blu-Rays, DVD may be different) uses the discs authored by Funimation rather than Madman.

That's cool your rewatching Z. Guessing your doing it with the 30th anniversary set?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: MangaUK announce TFC for UK!

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:13 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:28 am I'm in the same boat. I felt lucky enough to make back enough from selling my US Final Chapters Blu-Rays to pay for the UK ones when they were on sale, but having them look better on the shelf with my UK Kai 1.0 Blu-Rays was an added bonus. I'm still missing the UK seasons 3 and 4 (have the US Blu-Rays for them) but hoping I'll be able to get them in a sale or as a Christmas present.

Interestingly, this release of The Final Chapters (at least the Blu-Rays, DVD may be different) uses the discs authored by Funimation rather than Madman.

That's cool your rewatching Z. Guessing your doing it with the 30th anniversary set?
Yeah I'm currently halfway through the Cell Games. I'd say the majority of the episodes look decent enough, although there are some here and there that look a bit off. Goku's skin looks pink during the early Frieza fight, and I remember the colours looking a bit strange on Gohan vs Recoome. I never got the 16:9 blu-rays, but supposedly they had similar issues?

Still the 4:3 does help, and it's definitely better than the Orange Bricks.

I haven't watched Kai 1.0 since 2015 when Manga UK first put it out, so I'm itching to give it another watch along with TFC.