MangaUK announce TFC for UK!

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

MangaUK announce TFC for UK!

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:33 am

Too bad most have imported it...
http://www.mangauk.com/manga-uk-autumn- ... ase-slate/

Will finish being released in December.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: MangaUK announce TFC for UK!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:45 am

I'm happy for the few who were still holding out for a UK release, but otherwise hopefully from now on Manga will stay on top now that they'll have everything Funi put out except OG DB movies, the BLT and Saban dubs (which we will hopefully still get) and Dragon Boxes (which I'm sure the ship has long passed).

I wonder if they will have slipcovers or will they be left out to stay consistent with Kai.1.0?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:50 am

Jesus just a few months after I imported! :shock:

I literally waited for ages and only imported as a last resort getting a multi region player and a voltage converter. They made it sound like they were never releasing it.

Also I noticed they're re-releasing GT as one complete set. Guess that did well for them too.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:28 pm

90sDBZ wrote:Also I noticed they're re-releasing GT as one complete set. Guess that did well for them too.
Super Part 5 is there too, so that seems to be doing great (as expected) and not too far behimd Funi's release.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:Also I noticed they're re-releasing GT as one complete set. Guess that did well for them too.
Super Part 5 is there too, so that seems to be doing great (as expected) and not too far behimd Funi's release.
Part 5 comes out one week after FUNi's! That's incredible given it took them ages to license it.

Hopefully this bodes well for getting the new movie screened in January!

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Part 5 comes out one week after FUNi's! That's incredible given it took them ages to license it.

Hopefully this bodes well for getting the new movie screened in January!
That is great! At this rate maybe the unthinkable could happen and we'll start getting them ahead of the US. :)

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Darn it! I just imported my the last set of Kai at the end of July! I heard that they had no intentions of selling this so I thought I might aswell complete the collection by getting it elsewhere. I might still get these at some point as it’s nice to support these releases, but i’ll be waiting for a sale.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Yes! I was waiting for this!

Is their any mayjor changes Vs orginal? I was hoping they changed the line that said Kidd buu was stronger

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Well, you can thank Madman for it or else it wouldn't be making its way to the UK.
SSJmole wrote:Yes! I was waiting for this!

Is their any mayjor changes Vs orginal? I was hoping they changed the line that said Kidd buu was stronger
The Boo arc is smaller on this Kai version, the International Kai Boo arc was given its own Japanese OP/ED songs, score was composed by Sumitomo, Boo seemingly doesn't have red-black eyes like on the Japanese Kai Boo arc release and then there's the green-tint color issue. Also, if you prefer watching it in English (by FUNimation) then it appears their dub wasn't quite as good as their original Kai dub was.

Kai's Boo arc is honestly nowhere near as good as the original Kai was in my opinion, the picture quality is inferior, BGMs are used more or less randomly, the composer was kind of an amateur at the time which didn't help and the series in this portion was cropped to 16x9 AR. Despite all that, I actually enjoy listening to Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapter soundtrack which is why I bought it on iTunes but I can't stand watching with it. Sorta like, 'Love you ______, but can't stand you." situation.

Between a score by Sumitomo and the limited amount of BGMs from Z used in Kai, I think I'd actually not have minded the Z BGMs during the Kai Boo arc since it was part of the series overall. Sumitomo's music sounded like made for a video game than moreso for an animated series.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Ah ok thank you.
JohnnyCashKami wrote: Also, if you prefer watching it in English (by FUNimation) then it appears their dub wasn't quite as good as their original Kai dub was.
I don't really do. I'm dyslexic so trying to read while action is going on I get easily distracted have to rewind , read slower than speech have to rewind ect. . Take me like an hour to watch 20 minutes subtitled. English takes me it's exact running time (though sometimes rewind as something was really funny I want to rewatch)

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I'm glad I haven't imported it yet :lol: .
My English is poor .

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:I'm glad I haven't imported it yet :lol: .
Heard the music on it? Might be a huge deal breaker. To be honest, that was actually the reason I never bought Kai TFC.

It's somehow even worse than Faulconer's score.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Base have the first two sets at £29.99 on BD remember these are double usual parts, considering DBS is selling at £18.99 a part this is a good deal:

https://www.base.com/buy/product/dragon ... nb6732.htm

https://www.base.com/buy/product/dragon ... nb6733.htm

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Base have the first two sets at £29.99 on BD remember these are double usual parts, considering DBS is selling at £18.99 a part this is a good deal:

https://www.base.com/buy/product/dragon ... nb6732.htm

https://www.base.com/buy/product/dragon ... nb6733.htm
That's pricey for a rushed, botched up job of a product. If the launch price was at least £19.99 or £24.99 max then that'd be different.

It doesn't help there isn't much of a manga cut to it, the music is questionable and the HD video transfer is a mixed-bag.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm not gonna lie I almost did. But held off in hope and it paid off

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:06 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Heard the music on it? Might be a huge deal breaker. To be honest, that was actually the reason I never bought Kai TFC.

It's somehow even worse than Faulconer's score.
The music is okay , it gets better later on . The reason i want to buy it is the dub.

SSJmole wrote:
I'm not gonna lie I almost did. But held off in hope and it paid off
Yeah i almost did too and it was just month ago !
My English is poor .

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:12 am

@Hyena_Yamcha

That's more of acceptance and wanting to believe it gets better. I actually bought Kai TFC soundtrack on iTunes (best place to purchase from and with the highest quality overall) and listening to the BGMs in the background works fine for me. Just can't stand it on the episodes themselves.

They're more like VGM tunes than for a show.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:33 pm

So did anyone buy the UK repackaged DBK TFC release? I might order it when it drops to €10 or less, the Sumitomo score makes it even less valuable for me.

Picture-wise, I really like it and the selective cropping was done properly.

Guess I'll wait for DBZK Revival to rescore the rest of TFC with Kikuchi.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:23 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:So did anyone buy the UK repackaged DBK TFC release? I might order it when it drops to €10 or less, the Sumitomo score makes it even less valuable for me.
I'm guessing this release will sell worse than MangaUK's Kai 1.0 (which is ironic considering part 1 and half of part 2 includes the score so many people seem to want) so discussion will be pretty quiet on it.

Suffice to say I'm glad its available here now and hopefully the few who haven't imported will be able to own TFC at a lower price than getting the US version and a multiregion player.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:39 am

Already dropping in price at Base.com

Part 1 - £24.69 (DVD) / £29.49 (Blu-ray)
Part 2 - £25.99 (DVD) / £29.49 (Blu-ray)
Part 3 - £21.99 (DVD) / £29.99 (Blu-ray)

Good to see it's decreasing in value already, probably because very little people are buying it and even at £10-15 it might not be much of an incentive either. But eh, might pick up once it reaches £10ish (don't mind it used).

Dragon Ball GT: The Complete Series is £34.99 (MSRP £39.99). I'd say £34.99 for all of GT is really good.