DBZ KAI English closed captions

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

English subtitles

DBZ KAI English closed captions

Post by English subtitles » Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Swim Adult was doing The Final Chapters. Like December 2018 to May 2019, was TFC week to week.
But then they just suddenly put up like 1-29 or so and went from there. No more TFC.

Could sb please send me the English closed captions 33 - 105 and 144 - 167? I am not sure whether this is the right numeration...

Thanks in advance.

English subtitles

Re: DBZ KAI English closed captions

Post by English subtitles » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Doesn't anybody have access to them?

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodaEX » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:10 am

English subtitles wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:02 pm Doesn't anybody have access to them?
Yes but it would be piracy to just hand them out willy nilly.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:24 am

ZodaEX wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:10 am
English subtitles wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:02 pm Doesn't anybody have access to them?
Yes but it would be piracy to just hand them out willy nilly.
I think subtitles and closed captions are generally okay. But I don't think anyone has what this user is looking for.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

English subtitles

Post by English subtitles » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:12 pm

I am in Europe so I do not have access to Adult Swim.
Could somebody rip the CCs for me? I can practise my listening skills while watching my fav anime

English subtitles

Post by English subtitles » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:00 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:24 am I think subtitles and closed captions are generally okay. But I don't think anyone has what this user is looking for.
I live in Europe and do not have access to Adult Swim. I just need from the episode 34 to the last one available, which currently is 55.
I am not a native speaker and want to practice my listening skills while watching my fav anime

privatetl516

Post by privatetl516 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:34 am

I have experience with searching for english subtitles (for ENGLISH DUBBED ANIME, not the usual sub). I just want to note I normally watch japanese subbed in english, but I became interested in this topic when my chinese friend learning english wanted these "dubtitles" (subtitles for the english dub). My research revealed several methods (all requiring legal methods of payment or streaming - all with varying levels of success, none tested for the DB series specifically by me). Here is what I came up with for "dubtitles" as I call them:

-Streaming services (especially ones that offer dub only, I will note that rarely do dual audio releases base their english subs off of the english audio, but this does *sometimes* happen with shows, like the anime "K" on Netflix.)

-DVD/BD releases sometimes feature subs for the english dub, though your luck may vary. Sometimes it will just be subs for the JP dub.

-YouTube sells all of the DB series on their site (no lie), and if I recall correctly those are almost certainly the dubs and probably subbed the english dub.

That's all I know at the moment. I don't look into it too hardcore so I might be missing more methods, if you have hearing difficulties I encourage you to look more in-depth online for places that can assist you on this matter. If you really are learning english or have a hearing disability, feel free to respond or message me and I will glady share more details to try and aid you.