Dragon Ball Z Kai is coming to Netflix in Latin America (Both Hispanic and Brazil)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Dragon Ball Z Kai is coming to Netflix in Latin America (Both Hispanic and Brazil)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:28 pm

http://www.anmtvla.com/2019/10/dragon-b ... enara.html

http://anmtv.xpg.com.br/dragon-ball-kai ... a-netflix/

This is both awesome and awful. Awesome because this probably means we will see more actual Toei anime on Netflix. AWFUL as heck due to the GODAWFUL Z Kai dubs. Both Spanish and Portuguese.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai is coming to Netflix in Latin America (Both Hispanic and Brazil)

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:39 am

Is it possible that they'd redub 1-98 not only for cast consistency but to have an uncut version for the service? I know it's a long shot, but I bet a lot of people would be happy if they did that. Even though the Z dubs are good enough that stellar Kai dubs aren't necessary in those regions, it would still be neat to have, especially since Kai is going to be the most available version of the show through Netflix.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai is coming to Netflix in Latin America (Both Hispanic and Brazil)

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:52 am

OmegaRockman wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:39 am Is it possible that they'd redub 1-98 not only for cast consistency but to have an uncut version for the service? I know it's a long shot, but I bet a lot of people would be happy if they did that. Even though the Z dubs are good enough that stellar Kai dubs aren't necessary in those regions, it would still be neat to have, especially since Kai is going to be the most available version of the show through Netflix.
That wouldn't make sense but Netflix did make a great new English Saint seiya dub recently.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:41 pm

It's just been confirmed by Netflix itself that Kai won't be premiering there.

http://anmtv.xpg.com.br/dragon-ball-kai ... a-netflix/

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:20 am

Fake news?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:47 am

Fake news.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: