Kai version of filler arcs

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Kai version of filler arcs

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:12 am

Does anyone have any interest on this besides myself? Personally I believe the Garlic Junior arc would benefit the most, it's not horrible, but it has appaling pacing.
I do think the Other World Tournament arc is mostly fine as it is, apart from my personal belief that Goku should have lost against Paikuhan.

precita
Banned

Re: Kai version of filler arcs

Post by precita » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:50 pm

The Otherworld tournament is only 5 episodes long, I'm not really sure what you can cut but you can probably whittle it down to a 3-4 parter.

Most filler skipped in Kai were the training episodes in the Saiyan saga, the training eps on Goku's spaceship, "Fake Namek," the Bulma eps, some of the Cell arc training eps and the ones in the 10 days for Cell, and some of the Great Saiyaman eps were cut. There's really not much you can do with these eps to whittle them down because they were already designed just to be filler and training.

Garlic Jr. arc could probably be reduced from 9 to about 5-6 eps I guess.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kai version of filler arcs

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:11 am

precita wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:50 pm The Otherworld tournament is only 5 episodes long, I'm not really sure what you can cut but you can probably whittle it down to a 3-4 parter.

Most filler skipped in Kai were the training episodes in the Saiyan saga, the training eps on Goku's spaceship, "Fake Namek," the Bulma eps, some of the Cell arc training eps and the ones in the 10 days for Cell, and some of the Great Saiyaman eps were cut. There's really not much you can do with these eps to whittle them down because they were already designed just to be filler and training.

Garlic Jr. arc could probably be reduced from 9 to about 5-6 eps I guess.
Working on something like this. The whole Saiyan Saga training arc will be kept in but I'll just cut the snakeway stuff so that I can just use the Kai version of Snakeway. I'll leave Goz and Mez though since its in TFC.