Timeline Discussion

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:46 pm

I'm not sure if it's all that much easier though because I remember Buruma and her father discussing how talented and smart Gero must have been to design and build the Androids and that they were having a really hard time deciphering their construction, and Dr. Briefs and we know Buruma too are also top scientists, supposedly on a level with Dr. Gero!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:08 pm

But...a time machine! A time machine!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:14 pm

No I know. I know what you mean, but at least the time machine was developed by Buruma herself. It was her design, so she knows the machine inside out. It's a lot harder when you're trying to figure out the construction of someone else's invention. You know what I mean?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:25 pm

Mabye. But she'd seen robots before. She would have been familiar with the principals, and probably the principals of cyborgs too.

But a time machine...that's just completely outside any sort of realm of physics ever! Mad!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:53 pm

Timeline 5 theory: like TL3, only Cell manages to attain perfect form w/o going back in time. He now has no means to enjoy his 00ber body except against Trunks. So he goes back in time to TL4 in embryo form. 4 years later he matures to monster/beast thingy form. When he matures into what would be Imperfect Cell in other TLs, his Saiyan cells cause him to go straight to Perfect instead.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:09 am

Well, that's certainly an interesting theory. Never considered how his Saiyajin cells might come into play. After all his Namekian ones came in when he regenerated his tail.

Psy: I just checked one of the scenes where Buruma and her father are discussing #17 and #18. Here is the conversation. Heh, I'm starting to become the "Quote Queen"! :P

Dr. Briefs: "So how's your shutdown device coming along?"

Buruma: "Ah, there's still a lot of hard work! According to these plans, there are several dozen shutdown sensors all wired in here, and unless you cut them all off at the same time, it'll be meaningless."

Dr. Briefs: "I see."

Buruma: "Even if I can create all the code it takes for the shutdown, I still have to input it on all the frequencies for each circuit. It's making me feel faint. Of all the...! What kind of thing has Dr. Gero created here!?"

See? She sounds pretty frustrated. :wink:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:20 pm

True. I guess the question is...did she even try this method in the Trunks Special Timeline?
Dayspring wrote:Timeline 5 theory: like TL3, only Cell manages to attain perfect form w/o going back in time. He now has no means to enjoy his 00ber body except against Trunks. So he goes back in time to TL4 in embryo form. 4 years later he matures to monster/beast thingy form. When he matures into what would be Imperfect Cell in other TLs, his Saiyan cells cause him to go straight to Perfect instead.
Interesting, but why would his Saiyan Cells have any affect? They came into play in our timeline to allow him to become Perfect with Android 18, but in this hypothetical situation, he'd still have absorbed the artifical humans, and so would still have all the "material" needed to be perfect.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:46 pm

...That too. 8)
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:07 pm

So have we finbally come to terms on this?
-Laserkid

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:11 pm

Well, I have. But I had a long time ago.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:13 pm

As have I - just making sure since this threads been quiet a while and we all seem to have a basic understanding finally...
-Laserkid

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:25 pm

And thank god for that. I just think that everyone has moved on by now. It can't go on forever, unless it turned into 2 people arguing about their individual opinions and theories that both could work but couldn't work together... you know what I mean.

Kaoru_Nagisa

Despite the fact that everyone has given up, here, I'll...

Post by Kaoru_Nagisa » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:41 am

...fix this. Somehow. Now then, bear with me, I'm about to complicate this further in the name of solving it. Now then, I'm adding a sixth timeline. This timeline was created because of Bulma building the Time Machine in the first place, NOT because anyone visited it. So here's how it goes. And, please forgive me for the use of FUNImation names...I am but an uneducated American, not a true fan, though I'll admit to loving Dragon Ball, Z, and being able to bear GT for the sake of the ending, which still makes me smile, feel warm inside, et cetera, to this day. Oh...by the by, this includes a lot of hypothesizing [since...you know...I'm making a whole new timeline.]

Freeza comes. Goku Instant-Transmissions to Earth, beats the snot out of Freeza and King Cold, develops heart disease. Nobody comes to visit him to cure him, so he dies. Kaput Goku!

Gero realizes Goku is dead. He never activates #16, and never builds #19, nor does he transform himself, because he realizes it will not be neccesary. (Or he never activates #19 and never transforms himself, whatever your pleasure.)

#17 and #18 come alive. Much slaughter of people commences, and much rejoi-...erm, I mean, everyone dies except Trunks and Gohan, as in the Original-1 (History of Trunks) Timeline. Bulma comes upon the divine revelation that a Time Machine will solve her problems, hooray. She builds one...let's fast forward, shall we? Good. Now, Bulma completes her Time Machine. However, at the last moment, she is discovered by the Androids along with Gohan and Trunks, who had been ready to head to Timeline #5 in order to try and fix things.

The Androids, of course, kill the three humans. They proceed to toy with the Earth, for some reason not destroying the Time Machine (Who knows, maybe they thought it looked shiny. They seemed quite easily distracted.)

Cell awakens. Cell takes the Androids as there is nobody to stop him. However, as there is nobody left to fight, either, Cell gets bored. Cell discovers (by memory or accident) the Time Machine, and reverts to a larval stage. He heads back to Timeline #4, and hosts the Cell Games there. Now, you may wonder, "Holy ****, Newbie, you can't just say Cell becomes Perfect again after Larva-izing himself!" Well, AK said that as long as Cell's Nucleus survives (I believe, I'm spotty here, correct me if I'm wrong) that he can resume his Perfect form. This should explain away why there was a Cell Games. Oh, and Timeline #6 is left to rot, by the way. Who knows, maybe they repopulated Earth and evolved into flying cat-people.

EDIT: By the way, if this sounds crazy, I DID come up with it in about five minutes while reading this thread. I'll gladly accept criticism and refine it, but it's either a Timeline #6 exists and therefore Cell came from there, or there's an infinite number of Timelines which Bulma created thanks to her meddling. If there are, YOU get to puzzle them out! :wink:
At first, he's complaining for Gohan to stop the awful racket because it really hurts, getting more and more pained and insistent as the song goes on... then it changes, and he starts laughing and talking about the little baby chickens, and how they go "peep-peep," etc. Yep, he goes crazy... - Julian

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:18 am

Necropost.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:51 am

tarsonis wrote:Necropost.
I for one, apprieciate this thread rising to the top of the heap. We were having a timeline discussion over here, so this thread really helps.

One thing though - if this thread was already here, why didn't any one just point me here, instead of three more pages of the same thing ? :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:16 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
tarsonis wrote:Necropost.
I for one, apprieciate this thread rising to the top of the heap. We were having a timeline discussion over here, so this thread really helps.

One thing though - if this thread was already here, why didn't any one just point me here, instead of three more pages of the same thing ? :?
Because it was an oober-necro. :P

At this point a second timeline thread needs to be made, IMO.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:38 pm

Dayspring wrote:At this point a second timeline thread needs to be made, IMO.
Should we start a whole new thread consolidating the timeline theory? I still have my own ideas about it - and after reading this thread (okay I only read two pages) I have a few more ideas. Especially about joining the 'multiple timeline' theory with the 'splintering timeline theory'. I'm going to do some work on that now. (with diagrams!)

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:10 pm

I made a diagram that I'd love to post, if my home computer worked :P
I pretty much re-read the Cell saga and noted ANYTHING that was stated about time travel, then made a time travel theory and whatnot.

Edit-By the way, according to my theory, there are only two alternate timelines (not 3, 4, or 5 as people were saying when this topic was *new* :D )

Think about it. 3 Cells existed. One from the manga timeline (killed by Kuririn and Trunks), the one from alt. future Trunks' timeline (he was killed by Cell), and the one from the main future Trunks' timeline (who was killed by Trunks).

This makes one original timeline (Goku dies), one alt. timeline where Trunks finds a way to destroy the androids, comes back to his time, and gets killed, another alt. timeline (created by Cell when he went back in time), and another "original" timeline (since Cell killed Trunks, another original time would have to exist, since Trunks still existed in the manga timeline).

It makes more sense when you see my diagram :P

Kaoru_Nagisa

No response to my theory?

Post by Kaoru_Nagisa » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:31 pm

Ah well. Who knows, it might be one big load of claptrap anyhow. Regardless, uh...good to be on the boards, even if I'm somewhat of a lurker.
At first, he's complaining for Gohan to stop the awful racket because it really hurts, getting more and more pained and insistent as the song goes on... then it changes, and he starts laughing and talking about the little baby chickens, and how they go "peep-peep," etc. Yep, he goes crazy... - Julian

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:I made a diagram that I'd love to post, if my home computer worked :P
I pretty much re-read the Cell saga and noted ANYTHING that was stated about time travel, then made a time travel theory and whatnot.

Edit-By the way, according to my theory, there are only two alternate timelines (not 3, 4, or 5 as people were saying when this topic was *new* :D )

Think about it. 3 Cells existed. One from the manga timeline (killed by Kuririn and Trunks), the one from alt. future Trunks' timeline (he was killed by Cell), and the one from the main future Trunks' timeline (who was killed by Trunks).

This makes one original timeline (Goku dies), one alt. timeline where Trunks finds a way to destroy the androids, comes back to his time, and gets killed, another alt. timeline (created by Cell when he went back in time), and another "original" timeline (since Cell killed Trunks, another original time would have to exist, since Trunks still existed in the manga timeline).

It makes more sense when you see my diagram :P
Uh, you just listed 4 timelines... :P

And four makes sense. The only problem is the STUPID Cell Games in timeline four. The daizenshuu made a total snafu out of a perfectly acceptable explanation with that, which is why I earlier came up with the 5 or more theory in an attempt to justify it. Today, I just lump TL4's Cell Games up to one of the daizenshuu's mistakes. :P