Movie Detailed Synopsis

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Movie Detailed Synopsis

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:34 pm

Hey, here's some new stuff:

DBZ Movie 5:
http://www.daizex.com/guides/movie_guid ... psis.shtml

DBZ Movie 6:

DBZ Movie 7:

DBZ Movie 8:

DBZ Movie 9:

I haven't really proof-read DBZ movie 9, yet. That one's images was also done using the movie tankobon, since fansubs look like shit, and the DVD isn't out, yet. Regardless, that's some of the stuff I worked on. Actually, 5-8 I did over winter break, and 9 I did a couple weeks ago.

Yep.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:43 pm

It's a nice-looking job EX. The movie 9 images look so clear! :D Heh heh, I'm used to my fansub.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:55 pm

Bastard. I wet myself thinking you got an advanced copy of movie 9 on DVD, or that it came out today or something. :cry:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:07 am

Heh. That explains those sound effects and speech ballons.

Looking good! I guess I'll look through it for you (and for myself!) tomorrow in computer class. Heh heh...

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:23 am

Pretty good stuff; their's a few things I could nick pick, but I won't. Over all it's all good. 8)

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:26 am

I'm amazed. Lot of work there. Good work.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:05 pm

Great work. You should seriously tell why each movie couldn't fit into the actual anime, though. Maybe on some other page / guide or just a paragraph at the end.

Oh, one thing with movie 9. "The will will receive 100 million Zeni!". It should be winner, shouldn't it? I didn't find anything else.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:28 pm

Wow, that's really cool! ^.^ I'm gonna die if they don't release the Bojack movie on dvd soon... I wonder what Bojack will sound like...
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:31 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Great work. You should seriously tell why each movie couldn't fit into the actual anime, though. Maybe on some other page / guide or just a paragraph at the end.

Oh, one thing with movie 9. "The will will receive 100 million Zeni!". It should be winner, shouldn't it? I didn't find anything else.
I like that suggestion (about movies fitting in with the canon storyline).

As for movie 9 typo.. uhh... Julian hasn't proof-read that one, yet :P. Remember that I type those up as I'm watching the movie, so I don't always catch everything that I should ^^;;.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:25 pm

What, you don't even know all of the lines, events and animations by head? You call yourself a DBZ fan?!?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:04 pm

What about a bit on where the movies would fit in the canon storyline if they did, based on haircuts, clothing, and so forth?

Also a mention of around what period they came out, episode wise. Weren't the movies advertised after the "next time" bit on some episodes?

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:03 pm

PsyLiam wrote:What about a bit on where the movies would fit in the canon storyline if they did, based on haircuts, clothing, and so forth?

Also a mention of around what period they came out, episode wise. Weren't the movies advertised after the "next time" bit on some episodes?
Actually, Daizenshuu #6 lists where the movies would take place, if they fit with the actual series. I could post up a list if you beg... 8)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:26 pm

Well, I would, but then they'd only be on this message board. Eventually, they would vanish into the ether.

Er, unless you owned Daizenshuu 6, I suppose.

BUT (but but), if they were on the web-site, they would remain for all of time, almost certainly.

Does the Daizenshuu put them in between specific episodes, or "Movie 2 would take place after Gohan gets his blue outfit in episode blah blah blah, but before he gets his pudding-bowl haircut in episode blah blah blah"?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:55 pm

Liam, you really are obsessed with haircuts. :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:16 pm

Only because Toriyama also seems a bit obsessed with them. How many manga chapters before a main character chainged hair-style? HOW MANY?

One.

I rest my case.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:21 pm

You haven't actually kept track of this have you?! :shock:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:21 am

I'm half dead so I'll only beg once: [beg]PLEASE[/beg] put up the timeline/daizenshuu 6/moviebla? Thank you.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:23 am

Dayspring wrote:I'm half dead so I'll only beg once: [beg]PLEASE[/beg] put up the timeline/daizenshuu 6/moviebla? Thank you.
... huh? ^^;;

I've got daizenshuu 6. What specifically are you talking about.. ?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:22 pm

Woops! Forgot to quote! :P
Actually, Daizenshuu #6 lists where the movies would take place, if they fit with the actual series. I could post up a list if you beg...
Was referring to that. SaiyaJedi said it a while ago in this thread. Sorry!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:12 pm

EX: I happened to re-read the synopsis of Movie #9 now that it's posted up on the site and well, I debated about whether or not I should point out a mistake I caught this time around, you're doing so much work on the transformation guide, your AMV, and the upcoming DBZ panel, not to mention school, that I feel like a jerk doing this. :( But then I thought you would probably want to know anyway since you always want to do as good a job as possible. Where you talk about finalists travelling in there cars to different areas to meet their opponents, you mention the scene where Kuririn ends up in a volcanic looking landscape and instead of writing his "head" catches on fire, you wrote that his "hair" catches on fire. There! I said it! You can strangle me now EX, but I did it for the greater good! :cry: