Transformations Guide

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:27 pm

Great job on the new section. That being said, time for the bitchpicking! Looking for such tiny errors that they make no difference whatsoever, but pointing them out anyway! Joy!

At the very end of the Saiyan transformations page, it says that Gokuu and Vegeta fuse into Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta in episode 59. Actually, Vegeta only suggests that they fuse in episode 59; the actual fusion doesn't take place until episode 60 (I am the uber geek!)
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:37 pm

Sheesh.. I know I have seen all of GT but dang.. I wouldn't have known that without watching the last few episodes again.. LOL!
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:32 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Great job on the new section. That being said, time for the bitchpicking! Looking for such tiny errors that they make no difference whatsoever, but pointing them out anyway! Joy!

At the very end of the Saiyan transformations page, it says that Gokuu and Vegeta fuse into Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta in episode 59. Actually, Vegeta only suggests that they fuse in episode 59; the actual fusion doesn't take place until episode 60 (I am the uber geek!)
That's just me copying and pasting without filling in all the information, yet, since I didn't know all the GT episode numbers :P. I know GT 59-64 like the back of my hand (despite having it all raw.. hehe).

Thanks, though!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:11 pm

Looks like I need to brush up on my GT then.. LOL! If you guys know these things without even having to look to know which exact episode.. o_0
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:19 pm

Gary wrote:Looks like I need to brush up on my GT then.. LOL! If you guys know these things without even having to look to know which exact episode.. o_0
I used to be a lot better at it than I am, now. I really only remember the 00ber important stuff (like SSJ Goku = 95, SSJ2 Gohan = 184). Most things I need to either look up, or ask Rachel for :P.

I know GT 59-64 really well, though, because back in 1998 they were some of my first raw tapes (GT had just finished the year before). I watched them over and over ^^;;.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:57 pm

Yeah I remember most of the first time transformations also.. especially in DBZ.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:37 am

Well what do ya know...a Transformation guide

that doesn't suck! Congrats EX ^^
-Laserkid

RatGoku

Post by RatGoku » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:44 pm

Looks good, really good.
Hey look, it's a signature!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:50 pm

Thanks, everyone :)

Wrote up the majority of text (well... all of it) for the "Majin Buu" page, today. Similar to the "Saiyan" page, I took the yellow tables and put them in to separate each form; I think it's easier for the eye to discern between stages, now; plus, it keeps a consistency to the pages. Pretty happy with how it's going.

Hopefully I can fill in the images I need on the Buu page, and I might even think about throwing up the section. I'd like it to be something I can update in bits and pieces, rather than having the entire thing done before premiering it.

Plus, I'm at Meri's, and I don't have all my DVDs on me to take screenies from :P.

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:33 pm

Looking really good Mike. I can't wait until it is finished! ^_^

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:58 pm

I added a little more to the USSJ section. Specifically, I redid the USSJ2 Goku image (man, the contrast and colors in that explosion are sooooo bad.. did the best I could), and also threw in a little hair-comparison at the end, showing the difference between USSJ1 and USSJ2 with Goku's hair. That image I'm happy with ^^.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:45 pm

I hate you! This was going to be one of four super-detailed things going up on my site that hasn't been done on other sites. Now I have even LESS to offer to the DB community. :cry:
It really sucks starting a DB site at this stage (where 00ber sites have been up for years). :|

I like it. Don't forget Were-Man from the 22nd budoukai like I almost did.

My take on USSJ: It was referred to (in the manga) as "the level beyond SSJ" and "The second level blabla". I'd make that note if I were you.

So far I love it. Keep up the good work. I like how you ask our feedback on your board instead of dissing other DB sites like on so many other boards.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:23 pm

Awesome. Simply awesome, yeah every DB site has these sections, but rarely this professional. (Athough I think Broli deserves his own section in the SS explination)

Just one little thing, I notice in several places you end up switching around "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyajin" and "Buu" with "Boo". It gets a little confusing.

Oh yeah, one other thing. You might want to fix this typo in your Majin Boo section:

"In this first "fat" form, Babidi is really just an innocent child with an insane amount of power."

I assumed you meant Boo instead of Babidi... :lol:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:32 pm

Well, if we're being picky:

" Trunks's " (several times)

Should be:

" Trunks' "

(Spaces added for clarity.)

And this really isn't a mistake, but for the bit that says:

"a scared, poor little boy named "Uub" ("Buu" spelled backwards)"

I do have a strong urge to say, "No, really?"

Oh, and it's possibly just due to crazy Bandai or FUNImation or Joe the Crazy Translation man, but the "Super Perfect" form of Cell is called "Power Weighted" in Budokai. I have no idea if that's a translation or anything, or if it's even worth mentioning on the page, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:53 pm

Whee, here'll be a long reply! This is fun! :D
Dayspring wrote:It really sucks starting a DB site at this stage (where 00ber sites have been up for years).
Awww! I kinda feel bad ^^;;. Yeah, I know what it's like trying to start a site. Even though it feels like I've been around forever, I can clearly remember starting up six years ago and desperately trying to get a link on sites like Suushinchuu... it was tough! Wuken never did link me :P
Dayspring wrote:My take on USSJ: It was referred to (in the manga) as "the level beyond SSJ" and "The second level blabla". I'd make that note if I were you.
Yeah, the section on USSJ is far from done. I'm actually waiting for Julian to do a little translating of the actual Japanese text in the original manga in order to write a little more accurate information.
Dayspring wrote:So far I love it. Keep up the good work. I like how you ask our feedback on your board instead of dissing other DB sites like on so many other boards.
Daizenshuu EX ain't that kinda site, especially these days ^^. Also, I don't know a damn thing about any other sites that have come and gone in the last two years, and I don't talk to any other site owners, so I wouldn't know what the Hell to say about them :P. If there's anything that bugged the living fuck outta me in the past was all the petty nonsense BULLSHIT that site owners had going among them.

*huggles best re-friend Ramza*
Deux ex Machina wrote:Just one little thing, I notice in several places you end up switching around "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyajin" and "Buu" with "Boo". It gets a little confusing.
Where are we going back and forth? Other than explaining why we use "SSJ" instead of "SS," I think we steer pretty well clear of saying "Super Saiya-jin" on the site (as much as I'd love so, since that's my hardcore fan upbringing :P). I know in many places on the site we use "Boo," but that was before I convinced Julian to stick with "Buu" ^^. We've eventually gonna go through the site and change 'em all over.
Deux ex Machina wrote:"In this first "fat" form, Babidi is really just an innocent child with an insane amount of power."
Whoops! Can't talk my way outta that one :P
PsyLiam wrote:" Trunks' "
Yeah, that's exactly what I was taught, growing up in school. Julian just recently looked it up in a modern English grammar book, and to both of our surprise, it told us that the rule is now the full word, apostrophe, and another "s" !! I'm fully against it, but hey... I do wanna be the Grammar King...
PsyLiam wrote:"a scared, poor little boy named "Uub" ("Buu" spelled backwards)"

Oh, shaddap :P. You'd be surprised, though, that lots of people don't pick up on that, seriously... x_X;;
PsyLiam wrote:Oh, and it's possibly just due to crazy Bandai or FUNImation or Joe the Crazy Translation man, but the "Super Perfect" form of Cell is called "Power Weighted" in Budokai. I have no idea if that's a translation or anything, or if it's even worth mentioning on the page, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
That's a damn good point. I should pay attention to all the wacky Budokai things. Will be noted in the appropriate sections in the future!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:57 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Oh, and it's possibly just due to crazy Bandai or FUNImation or Joe the Crazy Translation man, but the "Super Perfect" form of Cell is called "Power Weighted" in Budokai. I have no idea if that's a translation or anything, or if it's even worth mentioning on the page, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
Actually, I think the 'Power Weighted' form they refer to in the game is the 'Ultra' transformation Cell does when he becomes desperate against SS2 Gohan, he knew it would make him slow (just like how he mocked Trunks) but again, he was desperate. The reason why Power weighted Cell is the final boss of Budokai 1, was probably because it wouldve been stupid to give him another transformation. He already has 4 to begin with.

I would also like to quote something from the new Buu section:

"This may seem (and is) completely confusing; if everyone is ripped out of "Super" Buu (being Gotenks, Piccolo, Gohan, Goku, and Vegeta... all that should remain is "Super" Buu, just as he was before he started absorbing people)."

I'll admit I don't know as much about DBZ as Vegetto EX does (and probably never will!) but I believe I can offer an explination.

Kid Buu became Fat Buu by absorbing Dai Kaioshin. Remember, the transformation left Buu weaker and more innocent. However, in the battle between Fat Buu and his evil skinny counterpart, he was absorbed, and the evil inside Majin Buu overpowered Dai Kaioshins goodness, however he was still weaker than the original Kid Buu.

Now, the reason why Super Buu became Kid Buu again (instead of reverting to default 'Super Buu') is because Vegeta had detached the absorbed Fat Buu from Super Buu. Remember, Dai Kaioshin is inside Fat Buu, and Fat Buu is inside Super Buu. With Fat Buu completly detached, he would naturally revert to his original form with all his powers.

I hope this makes any sence. :D

RatGoku

Post by RatGoku » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:59 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Whoops! Can't talk my way outta that one :P
That tickles me inside!
Hey look, it's a signature!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:36 pm

Now my post is gone. I was trying to corect it. Oh well, at least you got the message.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:42 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:you're
"your" :P

I totally agree. I'm not sure what book it was Julian used, but I know it's a highly respected and up-to-date one... Hrmm... BTW, I fixed your post for you :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:19 pm

But "Trunks's" looks horrible! Damn the English language. Damn it to Hades!
VegettoEX wrote:
PsyLiam wrote:"a scared, poor little boy named "Uub" ("Buu" spelled backwards)"

Oh, shaddap :P. You'd be surprised, though, that lots of people don't pick up on that, seriously... x_X;;
Seriously? Goku even mentions it (in the dub at least)! Tsk, some people, eh?

(And, out of curiousity, why'd you prefer "Buu" to "Boo"?)